PDA

View Full Version : Don't Pick it Up = Rancid?

NeonEyedSyko
10-26-2004, 03:10 PM
Does anyone else but me think that the song Don't Pick it Up sounds freakishly like something Rancid would do?

The sound.. it sounds exactly like Rancid to me. Anyone else think that? :D

Left Face Down
10-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Rancid has such a varied sound, I mean it fits totally in with The Offspring and there usual, two acoustic/clean songs per-album thing. One is always like a ska jumpy type song, and the other is just a fun or so on acoustic.

Hamer
10-27-2004, 04:19 AM
Ugh...

It doesn't sound like Rancid at all, it's just that it's one of only three songs the band have ever written that contains a ska style of playing.

The other two songs obviously being What Happened To You? and Worst Hangover Ever.

Chris
10-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Nothing like Rancid, but I quite like the song even though its not your typical Offspring song

Woodles42
10-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Ugh...

It doesn't sound like Rancid at all, it's just that it's one of only three songs the band have ever written that contains a ska style of playing.

The other two songs obviously being What Happened To You? and Worst Hangover Ever.

I think they should do more ska songs. Perhaps a cover of The Tide Is High.

Chris
10-27-2004, 11:16 AM
hasn't that song been covered enough already...

Woodles42
10-27-2004, 11:24 AM
hasn't that song been covered enough already...

From what I'm finding on Shareaza, no, not really. And what's out there takes out the ska from it.

If you want to hear a song that's been covered many times listen to Fields of Athenry. There's over 1000 covers of that song. I have a version of it from every genre out there...even opera.

Sketch
10-27-2004, 01:21 PM
how about a cover of tainted love you you spin me round? that'd be sweet.

Chris
10-27-2004, 03:35 PM
well just that songs been covered my blondie and atomic kitten so best just to let it rest....although i'd prefer if offspring recorded their own songs for b sides instead of covers more often - they should take heed from DUI