PDA

View Full Version : About "Vultures" song

dexter0
03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
hey...do you think, what the meaning of the song "Vultures"?

dexter12296566
03-02-2010, 03:10 PM
I always thought it was about being in a relationship where she controlled him and didn't let him make decisions or anything... I don't think that is the meaning of the song but that is what I thought.

offsrx
03-02-2010, 03:56 PM
It's a really great song. i very, very much like it since my 13. year..
Now I feel regret for it 'cause - Offspring don't care about that song, and i would be really proud of myself if that song was mine. They never-ever played it live! Such a shame..
Too bad I didn't write it, 'cause I'd be playing it all the time!

DMelges
03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
It really is a great song, and it's underated. I think the song is about a guy who has given up on waiting for the person he loves to change, and he doesn't care how that person feels about him anymore. He himself has changed in realizing this.

offsrx
03-02-2010, 04:10 PM
It really is a great song, and it's underated. I think the song is about a guy who has given up on waiting for the person he loves to change, and he doesn't care how that person feels about him anymore. He himself has changed in realizing this.

Probably. So that song describes my love situation! :D
hahahahahaha :)

chicapowerpunk
03-02-2010, 05:04 PM
hey...do you think, what the meaning of the song "Vultures"?

I believe thta is a musical orgasm:p,but itīs good song:)

offsrx
03-03-2010, 05:49 AM
I think I'll do a cover, or play it with my band. So when i do that, I'll upload here a link to share it with you guys:p :)

dexter0
03-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Guys,Thank you for your opinion:)I also think that this is a great song.and really too bad that they do not play it live:( btw, My friend suggested that this song is about a man who deceives himself. in fact it is simply a bird, but he pretends to "vultures" that would not be eaten by other "vultures". (if anything, I'm sorry for my mistakes. I'm not professional in English :) )

offsrx:

hehe, good luck, we'll wait for your super cover;)

offsrx
03-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Guys,Thank you for your opinionI also think that this is a great song.and really too bad that they do not play it live btw, My friend suggested that this song is about a man who deceives himself. in fact it is simply a bird, but he pretends to "vultures" that would not be eaten by other "vultures". (if anything, I'm sorry for my mistakes. I'm not professional in English )

offsrx:

hehe, good luck, we'll wait for your super cover;)

Thanks for support :) and i can agree with your interpretation:D

Also i'd like to add that everytime when I hear 2nd and 3d chorus in the song, where Dexter is singing that "YEeeeeeeeaah, I don't know ya", I do have a feeling that a vulture is over my head!
A really cool song. I really like that Dexter's Vulture-ish voice. It gives me creeps :P :)
Once again, i wish that song were mine..