PDA

View Full Version : new aLBUM

mat3000
03-11-2010, 05:16 PM
when do you guys think you will receive a new awsome album :)

Alex101
03-11-2010, 05:29 PM
when do you guys think you will receive a new awsome album :)
I don't know, but if you're talking about the new Offspring album, it should be out sometime before the end of this year.

MisfitsGuitar69
03-12-2010, 10:21 AM
I don't know, but if you're talking about the new Offspring album, it should be out sometime before the end of this year.

I'm sort of hoping they go back to their roots a little with the true punk theme. I'm okay with anything, just hoping for something similar to self titled.

TheOffspring94
03-12-2010, 12:15 PM
I'd like to hear songs like that, too.
kinda self titled or ignition....:rolleyes:

but I think it will be another rise and fall, rage and grace....:o

holland25
03-12-2010, 12:41 PM
Why don't we simply make one official New Album Discussion thread and sticky it, just like we did when RAFRAG was being recorded?

TheOffspring94
03-12-2010, 01:01 PM
yeah that'S a good idea

Alex101
03-12-2010, 01:10 PM
yeah that'S a good idea
I agree. That does sound like a good idea.

offspringer24
03-16-2010, 01:09 PM
what happened to the idea?

holland25
03-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Obviously nothing.

Thomas
03-16-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm sort of hoping they go back to their roots a little with the true punk theme. I'm okay with anything, just hoping for something similar to self titled.

http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/horse.gif

Wildo650
03-19-2010, 07:56 PM
I wanna see an album like Smash, Ixnay or Americana! Awesome albums.

weezly
03-20-2010, 01:27 AM
i get sick and tired of everytime the say 'we are making a NEW album' people want an old recycled album such as ignition, i just want them to record some stuff and let us hear it, if i got ignition part 2 i would not be happy as i didnt really like ignition part 1 that much.
i dissed ignition, man i am most hated member for sure lol

Jaded skies
03-20-2010, 02:00 PM
so many people want a different album (like the old punk sound), yet when the new album comes out they think its the greatest thing ever. Don't worry about what they're making right now. Its going to be good, and you'll like it. simple as that. doesn't matter if its punk pop-punk grunge or alternative. Just relax.

mspunk13
03-20-2010, 02:43 PM
No matter what they record, most people will like it, no matter how they record that, thanks to Bob Rock, the quality will be shite.

keonii7
03-21-2010, 02:31 AM
I like when the offspring gives us a new sound that we haven't quite heard before.

No two albums were quite the same, which is great.

weezly
03-21-2010, 01:15 PM
americana, co1 and splinter were butchered by the producer, bob rock is the best sound since ixnay and he gets on well with the band, a happy band is a good record, whats everyone got against bob... can you smell what bob rock is cooking lol

dbroncos59
03-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Whatever they do, I'll buy and probably enjoy :D

The majority of the time I just play cds when i'm driving and my favorites for that are Self Titled, Ixnay, Americana, Splinter and RAFRAG (Trust In You and Takes Me Nowhere are great to drive to for some reason). For just listening I prefer Ignition and Smash though haha so i'll be a happy with anything as long as it isn't a pop album or something haha

dff_punk
03-21-2010, 06:31 PM
I doesn't matter how exactly will it sound like, the thing that fucking matters is when are we going to hear it?! ;)

MAXTER
03-21-2010, 08:38 PM
I doesn't matter how exactly will it sound like, the thing that fucking matters is when are we going to hear it?! ;)

This Truth need to be quote!!!! :D

darea
03-22-2010, 02:44 AM
This would be the second Offspring album I buy in the US! And hopefully this time I'd get to see them live, finally, after being a fan for 16 years, lol that makes me feel old...

I don't want the album to be especially like any of the other albums. Although I loved Ignition, Ixnay and Americana. What I hope to hear is something new, and themes that kinda reflect what is going on in the world at the moment...
Like Pretty Fly came out at a time that seemed to go with its time...
Im sure the album will be great. A lot of people were disappointed with Rafrag, but not me! Different is good, as long as it still sounds like the offspring. I'm still sad that Ron isn't in the band anymore, but can't do anything about that!

Ramante
03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Why the hell do people want both "a new album" AND the "new" album to sound like an old one? If I want to hear Ignition, I put on Ignition... It's as easy as that.
I am one of those that appreciate the more darker side to The Offspring. I prefer the first albums over recordings like Splinter og Americana. But what I hate more than cheesy pop-songs is an artist who does not renew himself. That is what's so great with The Offspring. Even though they have their own sound, each album sounds different.
Just to make an example; I am also a huge fan of Iron Maiden (I use them as an example here, I'm sure everybody know who they are). But IM more or less released the same album time after time in the eighties. Those are great albums, but they do not show any evolvement - not until after 2000.

So, to sum this up... I am also looking forward to a NEW album. Yes, a NEW one. I really like the direction they took with RAFRAG, but I do not want them to copy that. Keep evolving, keep growing.

Alex101
03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Ultimate-Guitar.com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/offspring_311_to_tour_this_summer.html) is reporting that the Offspring's been writing, rehearsing and recording new material for the next album, so it appears that this is not a rumor.

Ninty Man
03-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Hell yeah...! Hope it doesn't get too much piano this time :(

chicapowerpunk
03-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Hell yeah...! Hope it doesn't get too much piano this time :(

Piano??= Acoustic,hehehehe,i want noise w/ piano;):D

TheOldMark
03-22-2010, 06:47 PM

LOL dont hold your breath!

RexDarr
03-22-2010, 07:33 PM
I hope it is more punk-y than the last one.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the last one a lot. I listened to it ALL the time (I still do).

My favorite 5 albums of all time are:
1). The Offspring - The Offspring
2). The Offspring - Ignition
3). The Offspring - Splinter
4). The Offspring - Rise & Fall, Rage & Grace
5). Job for a Cowboy - Doom

Skinny
03-25-2010, 06:04 PM
I would be extremely surprised if a new Offspring album was released before the end of 2010.

Lord Phidias
03-25-2010, 06:24 PM
I'd like to hear songs like that, too.
kinda self titled or ignition....:rolleyes:

but I think it will be another rise and fall, rage and grace....:o

Oh yeah, with Bob Rock producing, it's for sure... but don't get me wrong, that's still awesome!!!

Patricia_Greis
03-27-2010, 08:00 PM
What I Want In The New Album?. I want some covers.

I would like to see Dexter singing "The Unforgiven" from Metallica.
On the second hand i wish to see Dexter singing "Wheels" from Foo Fighters.
Then "Wither" (Piano or Normal Version) from "Dream Theater".

Please!. Dexter you can do it!.

Blitz!
03-28-2010, 12:58 PM
What I Want In The New Album?. I want some covers.

This is just ridiculous. I'm all for The Offspring doing covers as B'sides etc: but to produce a new album with covers, not very original. The new album will have new material, it has kind of been confirmed by the band and this is what I'm looking forward too.

dff_punk
03-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I gotta say, the idea of The Offspring putting on their new album three covers of Metallica, Foo Fighters and Dream Theater(!) is surreal in a very funny way.

amyk
03-29-2010, 04:38 PM
I kind of came at this from the wrong end. I bought my first Offspring cd (RAFRAG) one month ago. Now I've got them all, I think, but since I started from the newest one I have to say I like it a lot, but I also like Conspiracy, Igniton, and Americana. I think it's great that they do different stuff and don't let anyone pigeonhole them.:cool:

renato piquette
03-29-2010, 11:58 PM
A lot of these thread's posts deserve this:
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab118/SneepVol_en_ook_nog_Potter_fan/Muse/facepalmlolz.jpg

Bejka
03-30-2010, 12:12 AM
I will not buy this new album if they are not coming to Europe this summer.

Greekoldfan
03-30-2010, 02:48 AM

don't lie!!!

Blitz!
03-30-2010, 05:20 AM

Cutting off your nose to spite your face is not always such a great idea.

Jojan
03-30-2010, 05:45 AM
Cutting off your nose to spite your face is not always such a great idea.

Cutting off your penis to spite your face is not always such a great idea.

Drafan
03-30-2010, 10:56 AM
I wonder if they would be able to come with something fresh, many old texts are alike, about losers, depressions, takes me nowhere things. I like it, but not one more time.

Cock Joke
03-30-2010, 11:46 AM
Why don't we simply make one official New Album Discussion thread and sticky it, just like we did when RAFRAG was being recorded?

Because we all know how well that went the last time!

AD90
03-30-2010, 12:17 PM
whats everyone got against bob... can you smell what bob rock is cooking lol

I take it you're not a Metallica fan? (I know there's others, but it's the best example.)