PDA

View Full Version : Offspring should copy Maiden

Mannen som blev en gris
01-28-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm sure a lot of you know that Iron Maiden will do a tour this summer when they only play songs from the first four albums, and if you're lucky you even got a ticket. The reson of that is probably the fact that that's the best albums, and I think Offspring should do the same. I mean, The Offspring, Ignition and Smash are no doubt the best Offspring albums, and I know a lot of you would agree. But there's such a big difference between Smash and Conspiricy of One and some (like me) like the old ones and others perfer the new albums. So, what do you think: should they do a tour just playing old songs or a tour just playing new?

PS. What happened to the Offspring chat?!

HMSPresident
01-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Personally, I say that they should just play longer gigs...

MirandaV
01-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Opening this thread, I though wtf, copying iron maiden (like in music).
But eh.. yea most of us want them to do more older songs

Hope they'll do more next tour.

ey-drien
01-29-2005, 07:32 AM
I agree with HMSPresident. If they would do longer gigs, they could make everyone happy ;)

nickspring-82
02-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Once again ill refer you to the riggers of dexters vocal style, he sings perfectly naturally in a scream punk tone, that bands like The Atari's can somewhat replicate occassionally, the used guy is ok...bit too weak,...my point is, playing 200 shows of 90 mins instead of 55, which is their norm, is something not many vocalists go through... no punk band ever has been as good vocally, ive been around the block on file share listening to the bands ppl love so much, and i just dont see it :confused: any schmo can sing bad religion, Nofx, pennywise songs, ...it just doesnt thrill me, i dont get blown away at all, offspring are # 1

Mota !
02-15-2005, 12:10 PM
i agree with this dude above me!

nickspring-82
02-16-2005, 11:25 AM
thanks, i just dont see how others dont view it this way..he clearly is god like compared :eek: *bows*

JackOfficer
02-16-2005, 02:48 PM
is paul or bruce gonna be singing?

Venezuelan_Nightmare
02-17-2005, 05:49 AM
apening a new thread just to think about it?

Mannen som blev en gris
02-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Changed my mind, the best would be if they just did longer gigs, as someone said. But seriosly, they should play more songs of the older albums, I've never heard them playing a song from their first album (I've just seen them twice though), and, as far as I can remeber, no one from Ignition either.

Mannen som blev en gris
02-18-2005, 12:45 PM
is paul or bruce gonna be singing?

You really don't post much....

akira
02-22-2005, 05:49 AM
I like this idea ... I had the flyer when I went to a concert and I didn't realised what it was ... anyway I don't like Maiden, but I'd like the offspring to perform a tour like that but it would maybe bother them. They haven't played show like that for a while ... (remember when they came to europe, opening for NOFX ... *aaah what a day it was :D*). :)

Iddy
02-22-2005, 01:03 PM
i like the the ways things are, but some more older stuff... because it sounds great live. it must be hard deciding what to play and what to leave out though... longer gigs would be nice... but its not fair on them. it isn't one gig.. its many (a whole tour)... strained voices, exhaustion, dehydration... is it worth it?

nickspring-82
02-24-2005, 08:03 AM
.......well though i said most of that in my post *whistle*....more to add, yes its a big ask of a band that plays hundreds of shows each tour, getting older, feeling all that jet lag, its a wonder they do 55 mins a night

Mannen som blev en gris
02-24-2005, 09:47 AM
.......well though i said most of that in my post *whistle*....more to add, yes its a big ask of a band that plays hundreds of shows each tour, getting older, feeling all that jet lag, its a wonder they do 55 mins a night
Yeah...I guess...No, wait! I found the ultimate solution! The band should be replaced by robots! :D

killboypwrheadjx
03-05-2005, 05:18 PM
i opened this thread about to be pissed cuz i thought u were implying that offspring should do iron maiden covers. but now that i read ur post, i totally agree. s/t, ignition, and smash all the way.

jackfire
03-06-2005, 08:14 AM
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mannen som blev en gris
03-06-2005, 11:01 AM
i opened this thread about to be pissed cuz i thought u were implying that offspring should do iron maiden covers.
That was why I chose to put it that way... :) I think more people enter a thread with a bad idea than a good... Well, maybe not.

It would be great if they just did one really long show in some huge place. Then all the fans from all over the world would be on the same show. Of course, that wouldn't be possible, but it's a fun thought.

Can't belive this was the first thing I wrote here.

smileemptysoul44
03-06-2005, 01:09 PM
your right

sourskittle
03-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Mmmmmooooota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raptor1437
04-22-2005, 03:32 AM
I really wish they'd play more older stuff. When I saw them last year, they didn't play anything off Ignition or the self-titled. Hopefully they'll work some of that in on the tour this time around. And it would be sweet if they covered "The Trooper".

Heat
04-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Yeah, it'll be cool if they play 2 hours like many other bands do. so they can play for 1 hour new songs, and for 1 hour the good old songs (ah... if they would perform i'll be waiting or LAPD i would go mad).
another fact that suck is, if you have do drive with car or the train for hours its crap to see them just for one hour...