PDA

View Full Version : Gilmore Girls - Offspring VS Metallica

Silver_Ferret
03-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Just a video I found on YouTube while searching for Offspring videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCyqoa1sWJA&feature=related

It's nothing big or important or anything, I just thought it was kinda funny.
:D

Dexter_italy
03-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Fuck her!!! :D:D

Silver_Ferret
03-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Fuck her!!! :D:D

My thoughts exactly!

BigFish
03-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Too bad the guy is actually right, and she couldn't be more wrong. Every single Metallica song sounds just like the one before it. At least The Offspring mix it up.

Rooster
03-16-2010, 12:44 PM
This is so old...

Llamas
03-16-2010, 12:57 PM
As a huge fan of Gilmore Girls, I've of course seen this and I love it. :) They made TONS of awesome music references and arguments on that show... Rory was going to go see the Distillers... Lane was dancing around her room to Rancid...

Anyway, I liked this comment:

"It's so funny about they say about The Offspring and Metallica because it's so true about what they say about both bands."

I actually agree with her about the Offspring - a lot of their singles (not all their songs, of course, but singles) really are very, very similar. Of course, the main example being Pretty Fly and Original Prankster. But I definitely like Offspring more than Metallica :)

randman21
03-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Heh, this thread comes up every now and then. I remember seeing that episode on TV. I didn't appreciate that joke then, but now I do agree with her more than the guy.

mynamewastaken
03-16-2010, 01:48 PM
just want to say that she sux =]

Dexter_italy
03-16-2010, 02:12 PM
I can't agree... nothing is false more then they play the same 3 chords again and agains.... she's confusing with green day :D

dexter12296566
03-16-2010, 02:28 PM
I have seen that before on TV. It made me mad and then my brother and me were arguing over who was better!

cool 2 hate 681
03-16-2010, 02:31 PM
wow i never saw this before when did this episode air?

Beheaded
03-16-2010, 03:50 PM
There is one more tiny "Offspring"-scene in Gilmore Girls (yes, I love Gilmore Girls too and yes, I'm a boy:D).
Rory (the daughter) is talking about famous and intellegent rockstars: "or Dexter Holland, offspring, he got an PHD on microbiology" or something like that. Don't know the exact sentence.

Llamas
03-17-2010, 05:11 AM
wow i never saw this before when did this episode air?

2006? It's from the very last season of the show.

There is one more tiny "Offspring"-scene in Gilmore Girls (yes, I love Gilmore Girls too and yes, I'm a boy:D).
Rory (the daughter) is talking about famous and intellegent rockstars: "or Dexter Holland, offspring, he got an PHD on microbiology" or something like that. Don't know the exact sentence.

:) to a guy liking Gilmore Girls!

Also, I remember that reference. Like I said, they made tons of great musical references on that show!

cool 2 hate 681
03-17-2010, 04:24 PM
2006? It's from the very last season of the show.

ok thanks:)

ernesto88
03-17-2010, 05:07 PM
...and in another episodie, Rory talk with asian girl (i don't remember her name) about dexter holland, and how he can study and have a rock band "the offspring" at the same time... LOL.....

ernesto88
03-17-2010, 05:10 PM
maybe the gilmore girls's writer has been influenced by the offspring or Great rock bands!!

ernesto88
03-17-2010, 05:20 PM

that's i'm talking about!
that scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Cerberus
03-18-2010, 05:02 AM
Never seen Gilmore Girls episodes, but if I remember right this scene is also shown in Punk is not dead documentary.

nameless
03-20-2010, 06:34 PM
ive only ever seen a few of those episodes, i must admit that from the type of show it was, i didnt think many of the viewers would understand that music reference in that scene!

offsrx
03-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Ahh yess. I remember laughing a lot on sunday supper while watching tv and seeing this thing!
It's a great thing 'cause it's a commercial in some way. Also - Offspring Vs Metallica! It's a derby of Metal and Punk..
Also my 2 first rock bands I were into.. :D

offsrx
03-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Ahh yess. I remember laughing a lot on sunday supper while watching tv and seeing this thing!
It's a great thing 'cause it's a commercial in some way. Also - Offspring Vs Metallica! It's a derby of Metal and Punk..
Also my 2 first rock bands I got into.. :D

RexDarr
03-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Offspring ftw!