www.blackcadence.webs.com

A 3 piece metal band from Calgary, AB.
Only been together for 3 months
Currently working on a 3 song demo
Looking to tour with local bands
Writes own songs
Currently have 7 written songs, working on more
All members are in a jazz band too

If you want to know anything else you can contact me either on Facebook or on here!

- Rex

coke_a_holic
03-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Actually, metal and jazz are two of my favorite genres. Can you post anything from the jazz group, too?

Also, are you familiar with the indie group, The Rural Alberta Advantage? I pretty much assume anyone from Alberta knows them, because I consider them one of my favorite bands.

Also, there is no music here, brohan.

RexDarr
03-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Actually, metal and jazz are two of my favorite genres. Can you post anything from the jazz group, too?

Also, are you familiar with the indie group, The Rural Alberta Advantage? I pretty much assume anyone from Alberta knows them, because I consider them one of my favorite bands.

Also, there is no music here, brohan.

Sadly the jazz band isnt really worth mentioning. Its the school jazz band (I play string bass, guitarist plays trumpet, and drummer plays tombone).

I haven't heard of them, sorry.

coke_a_holic
03-22-2010, 09:00 PM
That's still awesome; I played guitar in my high school jazz band, actually. I think it's a lot of fun, sometimes even more fun than playing my own band's songs. I miss playing jazz so bad sometimes.

Also, you should check them out: http://www.myspace.com/theraa . They sing a lot of songs about the area, maybe you'll recognize the references faster than I did.

You should post again when you've got some music up, I'm pretty interested in what you've got going on; we don't get many metal bands here.

RexDarr
03-22-2010, 09:40 PM
That's still awesome; I played guitar in my high school jazz band, actually. I think it's a lot of fun, sometimes even more fun than playing my own band's songs. I miss playing jazz so bad sometimes.

Also, you should check them out: http://www.myspace.com/theraa . They sing a lot of songs about the area, maybe you'll recognize the references faster than I did.

You should post again when you've got some music up, I'm pretty interested in what you've got going on; we don't get many metal bands here.
I've only been playing in the jazz band for two years. Last year I played electric and this year I started playing string bass. I wouldn't call myself the best player, nor a good player, but I've learnt a ton since the beginning of the year.
Jazz is fun, but I just went through 4 hours of clinitians on friday, and we have a concert coming up on friday where its 35 jazz songs in 4 hours... Not that fun (although we are playing Route 66, In the Mood, Fly Me to the Moon, Chamelion, Phantasmagoria, Birdland, and other fun songs).

If you have Facebook we have a group, your more than welcome to join it. I normally send messages out every time something interesting happens with the band.

I will be sure to check them out as soon as I can! They seem like a very interesting band!