PDA

View Full Version : What was the first (and last) concert you attended?

RexDarr
03-22-2010, 07:37 PM
First:
I was 8 years old & went with my father to see
The Guess Who with Wide Mouth Mason

The last concert I was at was on March 16. I went with a school friend to
Billy Talent with Alexisonfire, Against Me!, and Cancer Bats
(we were 2nd row)

mrconeman
03-22-2010, 07:52 PM
First real concert was seeing the Offspring on the Splinter tour.

Last concert was watching Irish rock band The Answer, who were one of the best bands I've ever seen, and any classic rock fan should check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYHbGEZjBk8

Rag Doll
03-22-2010, 07:56 PM
First was KoRn and StainD. That was like....a decade ago. shit.

Most recent was Silversun Pickups and Muse earlier this month. God, that was fucking awesome.

Oh, and Saturday I'm going to see Dashboard Confessional.

Ninty Man
03-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Welll... I saw a boy band named Magneto...

And the last one was AC/DC on Mexico City

jacknife737
03-22-2010, 08:53 PM
First was this radio festival "edge fest": i saw The Tragically Hip, Sloan, Our Lady Peace, Finger 11, Jersey, Thornly.

Last, i suppose was The Offspring/Frank Turner/Pennywise this summer: although i'll be seeing Henry Rollins and Against Me! this week (separate shows).

coke_a_holic
03-22-2010, 10:07 PM
This is actually a pretty sweet thread topic.

My first concert was Green Day on the American Idiot tour on Halloween 2004 with Sugarcult and New Found Glory.

My most recent were Good Luck with Beast Infection (both were opening for The Max Levine Ensemble, but I did not stay for them) last week, and I played a concert with my band a few days before then.

WebDudette
03-23-2010, 03:55 AM
Slipknot, 8th grade, 2004? Woe is me.

Touché Amoré, the 13th, in a basement.

Ramante
03-23-2010, 09:29 AM
My first concert was Iron Maiden in 2003, besides small local bands. After that, I've been to an enormous amount of concerts, but the last one was Zeromancer.

batfish
03-23-2010, 04:36 PM
My first concert was Green Day playing Milton Keynes back in 2005.
My most recent concert was The Offspring playing in London last August.

I really need to get another concert lined up to look forward to, it's been ages!

Alison
03-23-2010, 04:57 PM
First concert is pretty embarassing. Went to see Busted in around 2003. But hey, I was 13...valid excuse right?:o:o

Last concert was The Offspring last year. I think anyway.

coke_a_holic
03-23-2010, 05:38 PM
jacknife -- are you seeing Henry Rollins do spoken word or seeing the Henry Rollins band? I'm kind of intrigued.

KHWHD
03-23-2010, 06:35 PM
First (LOL) - NKOTB (New Kids On The Block)

Last - The Offspring/Frank Turner/Pennywise last summer.

jacknife737
03-23-2010, 09:17 PM
jacknife -- are you seeing Henry Rollins do spoken word or seeing the Henry Rollins band? I'm kind of intrigued.

Spoken word.

The venue is at a church too. And not even in the basement, they apparently set the stage up right by the altar.... it's going to be an interesting night to say the least.

Jules69
03-24-2010, 12:59 AM
First was in 1988, Montely Crew, White Snake, Poision. Last was Hall and Oates in september 4, 2009:cool:

dff_punk
03-24-2010, 05:55 AM
First: Iné Kafe (slovak punk rock group) - 2000

Last: Plus Mínus, From Our Hands, Problem (slovak punk rock groups) - 2010

Yup, I ain't movin' anywhere.

Rag Doll
03-25-2010, 06:56 PM
To add on to my last post...I'm also going to see AFI and Green Day in August. 14 year old me is thrilled.

nieh
03-25-2010, 07:51 PM
Spoken word.

The venue is at a church too. And not even in the basement, they apparently set the stage up right by the altar.... it's going to be an interesting night to say the least.

There's a church in Philly that hosts shows in the basement, side-chapel and the big area with the pews depending on how popular the band is. It's a pretty cool venue.

Anyway, the first concert I saw might have been Weird Al...I think the second was Offspring. I was SUPPOSED to see Miss Li the other night, but found out after traveling to NYC that the show was canceled.

zsk
03-26-2010, 05:49 AM
hmmm.... I was 6 years old, and i went with my father to a german-fun band concert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrlpZD25eEY

the last concert i visited was from VMZT(punk-band)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdiyMk59IAw

jacknife737
03-26-2010, 08:03 PM
There's a church in Philly that hosts shows in the basement, side-chapel and the big area with the pews depending on how popular the band is. It's a pretty cool venue.

Anyway, the first concert I saw might have been Weird Al...I think the second was Offspring. I was SUPPOSED to see Miss Li the other night, but found out after traveling to NYC that the show was canceled.

The venue turned out to be pretty nice. Rollins was also great: the dude just went off for like three hours: i'd recommend that if anyone gets the chance to see him live, take it.

And Against Me! killed the other night, so good. If anyone who is a bit unsure of the new album, check them out live, the songs sound a lot different. And they played "Baby I'm an Anarchist" during the encore,which probably made my entire month.

coke_a_holic
03-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Touché Amoré, the 13th, in a basement.

I just got back from seeing Touche in a basement, myself.

Fucking.

Incredible.

Llamas
03-27-2010, 06:15 AM
First rock/pop* concert: Goo Goo Dolls with Vanessa Carlton and Third Eye Blind (summer 2002)

Last rock/pop* concert: Rilo Kiley (summer 2009)
also, Glazy - a Czech rock band which kinda sucked a few months ago.

*I specified because I've seen countless classical and jazz concerts, but I doubt anyone would know any of who I've seen and I don't even remember the first one I went to :P

Ryder1234
03-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Most recent - Social Distortion. It's the only show I'm proud of going to. It was my most recent one although it was in April 2007. That was an awesome show. Mike Ness even invited me and some of my friends in the front row up on stage and talked about how when they came to Victoria 20 years ago, they'd be ridiculed by us for looking how they did, but that now we were going to his shows or something. I can't exactly remember what it was. Also I got to talk to the crowd a bit but I don't remember what I said again lol. The coolest "merch" I picked up that night though, was when I was walking off stage, I saw one of Mike Ness' guitar picks lying there, so I picked it up. I wasn't sure if it was his pick until he threw the one he was playing with to my friend and we matched them and they were the same. I still have it and it's framed with my ticket from that night.

The other ones I'm kinda embaressed about... but I had no choice but to go to them so I didn't go of my own free will haha. They are

My first concert ever was Avril Lavigne, 2 times, both for my sister's birthdays. I hate myself :P
Nickelback once because my parents won tickets on the radio.

Also I know the next concert I'll be going to will be awesome. I's my friend who raps, and he's going to be doing some new songs at a camp I go to this May. I'm especially excited because he sent me a message on Facebook and invited me to play guitar while he raps for a song or two, so I'll be part of the show :D