PDA

View Full Version : My Interesting Story

RexDarr
03-22-2010, 09:52 PM
This story begins with me recieving tickets to the last Offspring show in Calgary, AB (which was on June 12 if anyone wants to know).

I phoned my school and told them that I would not be making it to school (which was the last day of school), because I was sick (which, ironically, I was). My father and I arrived at the arena with guitar in one hand and a 'Rise & Fall, Rage & Grace' vinyl record in the other.
After arriving at the arena it was barren. We arrived at 10am expecting at least someone to be there, but there was no one. We finally walked around to the other side and noticed two large big-rigs backed up to the recieving doors of the arena. We sat and waited around for someone to walk by. After about an hour of waiting we finally saw someone. I walked up and asked if he was with the band or with something else. He gave me a puzzled look and replied "I'm with the Offspring show. Why? Is something else going on?" I explained to him that there is an Oil and Gas show going on just down the road and that the trucks are scattered all over the parking lot and down the road.
He noticed the guitar in my hand and asked what type it is. I put the case down and revealed that it was a NDM2BK. He was amazed that I actually was able to get my hands on one. I procedded to tell him that I bought it from a music store and that they only released 1,000 in Canada. It was only $800 at the time but I have seen it as high as $1,200.
He then asked us how long we are planning to stay around for. I said "As long as it takes. Until the band realizes how big of a fan I am!" He chuckled and said "I've never seen this guitar in anyone elses hands. Did you steal it?" I chuckled and said "Noo... I bought this myself... It is pretty amazing, I must admit. I am pretty lucky to have one." He then asked "If you want, I can take your guitar, put it in the back and when the band comes in they can autograph it for you!" Me, jumping for joy, was so estatic! One of my dreams came true! He then asked me what my favourite song is, favourite album was, and when I started to listen to them. I answered all the questions and added a story to every one. Eventhough half the stories had nothing to do with the question I still told them.
After giving him a guitar and him exchanging soda's with me, my father and I went to pick up my girlfriend, my Offspring apparel (which was all set out neatly on my dresser), and my camera from the shop.
After picking my girlfriend up we headed off to the show. Ironically, we ended up being caught in rush hour traffic. We spent 20 minutes in practically one spot.
We eventually made it to the show, but missed most of Street Dog's set. So my girlfriend and I decided to go to the merch table to see what they were selling. I eventually bought a t-shirt and a poster, she bought me a hoodie and then we returned to our seats. We sat through Shiny Toy Guns... THEN... OFFSPRING CAME ON! We sang along to EVERY song and laughed and chuckled when Dexter brought out the piano and started playing the Peanut's theme!
After the show I met up with the roadie, he brought me in to the recieving doors and in to the managers office. And lo and behold, there sat the guitar, autographed by Noodles, Dexter, and Pete!
Sadly, I did not meet any of their members, BUT the roadie did say that Dexter mentioned that the crowd was "F**king LOUD!". We then agreed that they would return on the next tour.

I thought that would be an interesting story to share. One of my dreams came true and I almost met my favourite band! The roadie (whose name was Fred), said that if they do return and stay the night he will have me go to their hotel for autographs and drinks! WHAT A LUCKY DAY!

If you would like to see pictures of the guitar (before and after being autographed), I have them in my gallery on my page!

Ramante
03-23-2010, 12:33 PM
Congrats on having your guitar signed! =)
I would never give my guitar to a tranger though, but cool anyways! ;)

holland25
03-23-2010, 01:39 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/album.php?albumid=496

Guess who's that ugly asshole with the RAF, RAG T-shirt :rolleyes:

dexter12296566
03-23-2010, 01:43 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/album.php?albumid=496

Guess who's that ugly asshole with the RAF, RAG T-shirt :rolleyes:

HAHA Great!!!

Free?
03-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Every time I read/hear/see anything about Offspring's crew, they always seem to be supercool fellas. GOD needs more threads like this.

offsrx
03-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Wow! u are a rich guy since you have NDM2 BK and do not feel fear to give it to stranger..? :confused:
Anyway- I'm glad that that happened man :)

batfish
03-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Aw, I love stories :)
That's a good one, it's so cool!
When I turned up early to their show in London last summer, the crew were pretty nice, we chatted to the bus drivers and some roadies. We caught a glimpse of Noodles going in through the satge doors, but he didn't stop to chat.

-L-
03-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Wow! u are a rich guy since you have NDM2 BK and do not feel fear to give it to stranger..? :confused:
Anyway- I'm glad that that happened man :)

I was thinking the same while read the story. Just was excited what will happen? The guy wasn't a crew member and just stealed the guitar? But then realized, that isn't a soap opera. :)

Anyway RexDarr, your story is amazing. I also think if you are a true fan, you do anything to see or meet them, if you are sustained and doesnt matter how much you must wait for it, then awesome things will happen. And its true, the crew members of The Offpsring are the bests on Earth!!!

Alison
03-23-2010, 06:04 PM
I almost got to meet Dexter, but then he suddenly left :(

nameless
03-23-2010, 07:12 PM
When I turned up early to their show in London last summer, the crew were pretty nice, we chatted to the bus drivers and some roadies. We caught a glimpse of Noodles going in through the satge doors, but he didn't stop to chat.

ive had nothing but trouble trying to catch them in london. well, i say trouble, its basically been hours of waiting round for them only to show no sign of appearing! ive never tried chatting to roadies, ive seen other people that have and they only seem to be interested in getting their jobs done!

_Lost_
03-23-2010, 07:39 PM
They're busy guys, but if they have a spare minute, the couple I've met are supercool. They're international celebrities. They get to be picky about who they have on tour with them.

For Real
03-23-2010, 08:53 PM
I almost got to meet Dexter, but then he suddenly left :(

It's because he had to hurry on back to me!! :D

dbroncos59
03-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Awesome story! Sick guitar :D

For Real
03-23-2010, 08:58 PM
RexxDarr, that sounds like a truely wonderful concert experience. Put that guitar in it's case and lock it away in a vault! :cool:

weezly
03-24-2010, 12:40 AM
can i ask the picture with oxy and other fans as posted in the link, did you guys get a meet n greet at a bar or at someones house or what was the deal there?

holland25
03-24-2010, 12:46 AM
Yeah, something like that. Thanks to Oxy.

rinte
03-24-2010, 04:55 PM
one fine day!!!

Oxygene
03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah, something like that. Thanks to Oxy.

I'd love to take all the credit, but I think the band had something to do with it as well :D

RexDarr
03-24-2010, 06:10 PM

Ironically enough, I saw Greg as walking by in the arena, but he was inside and I was outside xD

RexDarr
03-24-2010, 06:11 PM
RexxDarr, that sounds like a truely wonderful concert experience. Put that guitar in it's case and lock it away in a vault! :cool:

Right now its sitting in its custom made coffin case. When I move out I'm buying a glass frame and putting that beauty in there :)

mspunk13
03-24-2010, 06:40 PM
I had the chance to buy an NDM2 but I decided not to buy it. I would have had to shell out all my $$$ on it and I don't even like its pickups :p

RexDarr
03-24-2010, 07:14 PM
I had the chance to buy an NDM2 but I decided not to buy it. I would have had to shell out all my $$$ on it and I don't even like its pickups :p

Mine was $800CDN and I think it sounds wicked! My guitar teacher says that it is more of a blues-man's guitar. I think its more of a collectors item :P

mspunk13
03-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Hahaha lol both are true I think... it is definitely telecasterish. And it is definitely a GREAT collector's item.

RexDarr
03-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Hahaha lol both are true I think... it is definitely telecasterish. And it is definitely a GREAT collector's item.

lol its so awesome! Some days I think to myself "Wow, what an awesome gutiar... Never gonna hear myself playing it, BUT DAMN is it ever awesome."

If you look at my photos on my page you will see that I have some other guitars to play xD