PDA

View Full Version : Fat Mike Feeds People His Piss

jacknife737
03-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Was going to bump an old NOFX thread, but i thought this title would be more provocative.

So anyone know's been following recent Nofx history knows that Fat Mike created a new persona called "Cokie the Clown": which was also the title of their last EP.

A few days ago, "Cokie" gave a performance at sxsw 2010 music festival. He told a bunch of very fucked up stories about fat mike's personal life, played a couple of acoustic songs and it ended in him giving everyone in the front row a shot of tequila. Immediately after leaving the stage a video was played on stage of him pissing in the bottle.

Now, i know a lot of immediate reactions are going to be "omg shock value, gg allin wannabe": but i really wish i could have seen it live (provided I wouldn't have to drink urine): the whole thing just seems so surreal. I also really doubt the bottle actually had piss in it. Although i do suspect, this is a way of getting Fat Wreck some publicity (and it seems to be working).

http://www.pinpointmusic.com/wp-content/gallery/cache/408__320xmode=web20_sxsw-cokie-the-clown-1.jpg

http://www.pinpointmusic.com/cokie-the-clown-sxsw-2010-fat-mike/
(contains one nsfw picture)

http://www.punknews.org/article/37612

findout5
03-24-2010, 01:40 PM
I always thought he did that by putting out NOFX records...fat mike? More like fat fuck!

cool 2 hate 681
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
A few days ago, "Cokie" gave a performance at sxsw 2010 music festival. He told a bunch of very fucked up stories about fat mike's personal life, played a couple of acoustic songs and it ended in him giving everyone in the front row a shot of tequila. Immediately after leaving the stage a video was played on stage of him pissing in the bottle.

im sure it was just apple juice

jacknife737
03-24-2010, 03:40 PM
im sure it was just apple juice

Yeah: there's no way it would be actually urine: there would be lots of legality issues if it really was.

The whole thing just reminds me of Andy Kaufman.

RageAndLov
03-25-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't know how true those stories are. I don't really think that he suffocated his mother like that after telling sex jokes to her.

ad8
03-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Funny gag and idea, but I didn't really like Cokie The Clown as a song. From their latest stuff I liked The Quitter best.

jacknife737
03-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Also, Nofx is doing another show for Fuse....

mspunk13
03-25-2010, 02:56 PM
I really like Fat Mike but what he's up to now is fucked up.

He's always been criticizing people who were trying too hard to be punk and he's always been talking and talking about how he hates MTV and shit.

Making people drink piss doesn't make him more punk and filming music clips and tv shows doesn't make him any less of a sellout he'd never wanted to be.

dff_punk
03-25-2010, 05:24 PM
I believe he was drunk. That's a typical NOFX excuse for basically everything :D

ThunderPX
03-26-2010, 04:20 PM
I think you need to be pretty wasted to like NOFX.

cool 2 hate 681
03-26-2010, 05:02 PM
is this a one time thing? i wonder if they would let him do this at warped tour?

RageAndLov
03-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Or high on coke.

jacknife737
03-26-2010, 07:01 PM
is this a one time thing? i wonder if they would let him do this at warped tour?

I'm pretty sure it was.

He's mentioned in a couple interviews that the performance was "special/rare".

Static_Martyr
03-26-2010, 08:56 PM
I was just coming here to post this, but then I saw this topic title....too slow :o

But seriously? I was reading this article earlier (found it when NOFX posted a bulletin about it on Myspace), and I was a bit put off by it....but this one particular part kind of disturbed me a little bit:

The series of stories Cokie told started off with an account of how back in the mid -’80s Mike and Eric Melvin had witnessed a girl being forcefully carried down the stairs of a club on her way to being raped. As it goes, they both stood there watching slack jawed as she stared at them helplessly, then she grabbed onto both of them and yelled, “Help me!”. The men told Mike and Eric not to say a word. They did exactly that and went upstairs to watch the Vandals perform.

On the one hand, if that's true, I can see what he was doing at this show as a sort of "confession;" maybe he felt guilty about it and had to get it off his chest. I know like hell that I would if that had been me instead. But on the other hand, if it's not....well, I feel weird saying this being a fan of such bands as I am, but that's just poor taste :( It would make me look at Fat Mike a little differently.

ivexSerbia
03-27-2010, 02:35 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA what a fucking geniuss!!!

cool 2 hate 681
03-29-2010, 04:17 PM
I really like Fat Mike but what he's up to now is fucked up.

He's always been criticizing people who were trying too hard to be punk and he's always been talking and talking about how he hates MTV and shit.

Making people drink piss doesn't make him more punk and filming music clips and tv shows doesn't make him any less of a sellout he'd never wanted to be.

he is still punk look he's on tmz

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/26/nofx-singer-tequila-fat-mike-cokie-the-clown-urine-shots-video/

jacknife737
03-29-2010, 04:58 PM
I wonder if even a fraction of tmz's audience knew who he was.

He also recently opened a restaurant in new york, if anyone goes, i'd suggest watching what you order to drink.

0r4ng3
03-30-2010, 12:24 AM
he is still punk look he's on tmz
I have absolutely no idea if this is a sarcastic statement or not. I really hope it is.

cool 2 hate 681
03-30-2010, 12:53 AM
I have absolutely no idea if this is a sarcastic statement or not. I really hope it is.

don't worry it is

Little_Miss_1565
03-30-2010, 02:36 AM
I wonder if even a fraction of tmz's audience knew who he was.

He also recently opened a restaurant in new york, if anyone goes, i'd suggest watching what you order to drink.

It's not open yet.

It's in Park Slope in Brooklyn, and I think that's fucking hilarious. The neighborhood is moms with strollers and dogs in sweaters.

Hoping that story he told isn't true, but if it is I can think of one Park Slope restaurant I'll pass on checking out.

Homer
04-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Here's the entire thing on film:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CUJQ8MEG