PDA

View Full Version : Getting my tattoo!

KHWHD
03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Finally, I am getting my Offspring tattoo. I'm getting the flaming skull. Appointment is booked, April 21st! Can't wait!!

kaylae
03-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Is it your first one? x

Free?
03-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Up the punx!

KHWHD
03-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah, my first one at 35 years old. :o :p

DMelges
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
That's great Shank! I got my Offspring angel tattoo last year, and it feels great to have it. :D

Bejka
03-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Where will you put it? On arm or... somewhere else?

BTW I don't think it's a good idea. I also love The Offspring, but... :confused:

Lord Phidias
03-24-2010, 11:17 PM
BTW I don't think it's a good idea. I also love The Offspring, but... :confused:
:mad:
C'mon! Of course its a good idea! I will get a couple flaming skulls on each shoulder, one black, and the other white, and the angel in the forearm, or maybe the bisceps...

Anyways, that's the best desition you could make, man, good for you!

KHWHD
03-25-2010, 04:29 AM

Yes, the inside of my forearm. I've been a fan for 15 years and I'm absolutely certain I want this. It's not going to be HUGE or anything. Probably like 2"x2" - completely round. I want it black and red.

Smash punker
03-25-2010, 05:08 AM

Yeah feel the same :cool:

Rutegard
03-25-2010, 05:27 AM
just go for it!!

lucky girl

Stylie
03-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Ohhh aaaw, on my birthdaaay. Glad you thought of me too. :) Now g'luck.

Alison
03-25-2010, 10:59 AM
I've wanted an offspring tattoo for a while...but just dont know what to get. Dont wanna get something Im unsure of!
Good luck with it:) hopefully it wont hurt too much

Offspring-Junkie
03-25-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm not much of a tattoo fan. After a couple of years it won't look good anymore.

Blitz!
03-25-2010, 11:47 AM

Agreed, as much as I love The Offspring, I won't have the bands logo or their album art tattooed on my body but each to their own.

The rumours that you have heard about tattoos being addictive is true ... I'm already planning my next one.

Alison
03-25-2010, 12:20 PM
The rumours that you have heard about tattoos being addictive is true ... I'm already planning my next one.

True, I'm also planning my second one:p

drummerbecca
03-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Agreed, as much as I love The Offspring, I won't have the bands logo or their album art tattooed on my body but each to their own.

I'm planning my seventh ;)

randman21
03-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Good luck, Shank! I'm a little jealous to see all these awesome Offspring tats everywhere. I'm not much of a tattoo person, but if I were to get one, I wouldn't be against getting something related to the band.

_Lost_
03-25-2010, 12:42 PM
I think having a tattoo related to the album art or the skull logo is fine. But, I could never get the name of the band or a song title or lyrics or anything on me. NEVER.

kaylae
03-25-2010, 02:43 PM
A few people think getting a band tattoo is not a good idea, lets face it, many people think tattoos in general are not a good idea. I had my first Offspring tattoo done about 8 years ago and my second Offspring tattoo done about 18 months ago. I love them both, I will never regret them.

When people get fashion or trend tattoos like the stars that are going around at the moment then I think there is a danger of regret in the future. When someone has loved a band for as long as Shank and I have loved The Offspring, the tattoos will never be regretted

:p xx

mspunk13
03-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Although I LOOOOOOOOOVE the look of tattoos, I'm probably never going to get one.

I'm simply too much of a coward to get one, not because I can't take physical pain. No. I'm shit scared of the vision of me being 60 and regretting the tattoo.

Things change, two years ago, I would have died to have an Offspring skull tattooed on my arm. Now, I don't even like arm tattoos and I don't really listen to anything newer than Ixnay. And that skull reminds me of Conspiracy of One too much.

Don't get me wrong, the Offspring and NOFX are most definitely my two favorite bands, but I can't promise they will still be my favorite bands in 2020.

dexter12296566
03-25-2010, 03:19 PM
I want to get the RAFRAG angel on my back(fairly big) and the skull on my upper breast...
I also want the Original Prankster guy on the other one... but i dont think i will. I am not too fond of the idea of ink being injected into my skin!

_Lost_
03-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Upper breast? I totally just got the image of someone with four boobs...

When someone has loved a band for as long as Shank

I'm not gonna lie... i read this as skank and did a double take.

KHWHD
03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
I'm not gonna lie... i read this as skank and did a double take.

Ouch Karin, ouch. :o

dexter12296566
03-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Upper breast? I totally just got the image of someone with four boobs...

I meant like, ya know, above the nipple... you would be able to see it if I wore a tank top!

_Lost_
03-25-2010, 06:14 PM
I meant like, ya know, above the nipple... you would be able to see it if I wore a tank top!

I know, but thats the first thing that popped into my head.

Smash punker
03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm planning my seventh

Ohhh shit I love U B n I love tats :D wanna c-em all :D please at least some ;) Uīre a bad(want U bad bad bad bad bad, all tatooed) girl :)

I want to get the RAFRAG angel on my back(fairly big) and the skull on my upper breast...
I also want the Original Prankster guy on the other one... but i dont think i will. I am not too fond of the idea of ink being injected into my skin!

Tats are cool Cass, but why so many Offspring tats? Iīve had idea of a S.M.A.S.H. tatoo on my forearm for 5 years, but Iīd hate it now, so I havenīt done it n if I ever get Offspring tats then it will be after the band dies n Iīll get all of them tatooed on my back as a memory. But that will hopefully never happen =)

KHWHD
04-15-2010, 05:43 PM
6 more days! I'm going to get this one. :D

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/927/logoskull.jpg

Bejka
04-15-2010, 11:25 PM
Tik tak tik tak...... there's still some time to change your mind!

Tijs
04-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Does that include the overflow inside the skull, Shank? If it does, then please, please consider changing it. I think it's going to look awful. And aren't there more original options than the skull?

KHWHD
04-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Does that include the overflow inside the skull, Shank? If it does, then please, please consider changing it. I think it's going to look awful. And aren't there more original options than the skull?

It's original to me because the skull represents The Offspring in my opinion. I like it exactly the way it is in the pic. The colours, especially. :cool:

T-6005
04-16-2010, 05:19 PM
You know what, the skull's actually my favorite Offspring symbol, too. Admittedly, I preferred the CO1 Yellow on Red one, but I still think it's a sweet symbol.

Bejka
04-16-2010, 11:15 PM
It's original to me because the skull represents The Offspring in my opinion. I like it exactly the way it is in the pic. The colours, especially. :cool:

it looks like a German flag :rolleyes: a little bit...

Lord Phidias
04-20-2010, 10:42 AM

I agree with Tijs, its gonna look weird, I think, why don't you get it black and red, like the forum, or RAFRAG, that will look totally better, I think. But you should do whatever you want, it's your tattoo, not ours, and its gonna be awesome anyways becasue it's about The Off! :)

KHWHD
04-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Well here it is. The red in between the eyes are dried blood because I can't wipe it hard for a few days. I am allowed to go back for touch-ups in the next 2 weeks if need be once I can clean it better. I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Why have The Offspring written underneath it?" I wanted to, so I did. ;) Anyone that knows the skull, will know that's it's them. Anyone that doesn't - will know when they read it.... lol.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/34/26703592.jpg

Alison
04-21-2010, 03:34 PM
I like it anyway! Nice and vibrant

Lord Phidias
04-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Well here it is. The red in between the eyes are dried blood because I can't wipe it hard for a few days. I am allowed to go back for touch-ups in the next 2 weeks if need be once I can clean it better. I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Why have The Offspring written underneath it?" I wanted to, so I did. ;) Anyone that knows the skull, will know that's it's them. Anyone that doesn't - will know when they read it.... lol.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/34/26703592.jpg

Wel, I thought those red lines and the other dark ones were spermatozoids... it looks great, gratz!!

Tijs
04-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Ah well, the colors came out better than I expected, but still I would've chosen differently. Can you post a photo with some more distance so the proportions show more clearly?

Oh but uhh.. I have huge respect for you getting a tattoo. I've been wanting an Offspring tattoo for a long time now but well.. I didn't.

Zee
04-23-2010, 03:16 AM
I think that tattoo looks pretty cool actually! Great work, Shank.

On a side note, I'll never get a tattoo of any kind. There you go. :D

Trek
04-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Tho I don't like tattoos that one looks very neat! con gratz!

KHWHD
04-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Tijs,

Here is a better shot of it. My arm is still pretty swollen and red around it. It's about 2" below the bend of my arm. Hope it helps.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4630/newho.jpg

nancyoff
04-29-2010, 09:50 PM
I think it looks great
I have to wait ītil
i move out to get mine
:(

KHWHD
04-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks everyone! :cool: :D

dexrocks07
05-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm 16 and I'm getting an offspring tattoo soon for my birthday :D
It's gonna be my first too :b

KHWHD
05-02-2010, 06:51 AM
I'm 16 and I'm getting an offspring tattoo soon for my birthday :D
It's gonna be my first too :b

Your parents are allowing you? I don't think you're allowed here till you're 18 with a written permission letter from your parents. :eek: I guess it all depends on where you're from / where you get the tattoo done (like company) / or if you get a tattoo or piercing done.

Enjoy!