PDA

View Full Version : Planning on getting an Offspring tattoo

RexDarr
03-24-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm 17 years old (almost 18). I am thinking of getting an Offspring tattoo. Although I don't know what I want to get or where.

I was thinking just a black logo on my right wrist (or forearm), but I don't know. I want it where everyone can see and where it would hurt the least. I thought of chest, but I heard that it hurts a lot there and would probably result in breathing problems if you start freaking out during the process.

Question:
How long does it normally hurt when you get a tattoo? (Just a basic black one), and how much would it cost?

nameless
03-25-2010, 03:52 PM
the cost would vary depending on where you got it done! i wouldnt worry about it hurting on certain parts of the body, you need to get it where you want!

littleCentipede
03-25-2010, 04:59 PM
As far as pain goes, I hear it hurts worse where the most bone is exposed. Like if you got a tattoo on your knuckles/elbows/jointed areas where bone is almost immediately under the skin, then those would hurt way worse than getting a tattoo done on your calf or butt or something.

I think what color inks you get in your tattoo help determine the cost, as well as the size of the tattoo and how long it takes. Certain pigments cost more to make than others, like red and blue, because pigment ingredients are hard to come by.

I've never heard of breathing problems, unless the guy was just having a panic attack.

I wouldn't worry about it. I'd worry more about the cleanliness of the shop, the professionalism of the artists involved and as Nameless said, where you're getting the tattoo.

KHWHD
03-25-2010, 05:16 PM
As far as pain goes, I hear it hurts worse where the most bone is exposed.

A friend of mine has both of his arms tattooed and he said that under the armpit is the most painful part he thought. No thanks, I couldn't imagine. Oww. :eek:

littleCentipede
03-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah if you feel under your arm you can feel the bone of your arm in the socket. A friend of mine has a cousin who got a tattoo in his ear lol I can't imagine how that must have felt. Not bone, but cartilage might hurt just as bad.

theycallmepiatt
07-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Just got mine done - ah i'm so excited about it so had to let someone know!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6156161/tattoo.jpg

It's a back peace across like the center of my back!

Camilamazed
07-23-2010, 11:55 AM
The price depends on how detailed, how big and how many colors are going to be used. A small black one will cost no more than 80 bucks.

Well, I can say I had no problems with pain. It will depend on how tolerante you are. It differs, you know. I got my firts tat when I was 25 because I'd always been afraid of people saying it would hurt. But the pain wasn't as bad as I expected. For me it hurt like when you have a bad sunburn and somebody touches your skin, you know... It's bearable. Plus, the artist has to stop several times during the process, so you can stand a few seconds of pain I'm sure.

PS: If you are afraid of the pain and you do not know what and where to get it, I suggest that you wait a little bit longer.

DMelges
07-23-2010, 12:16 PM
The less skin and muscle you have in the area, the more it'll hurt. Your forearm or upperarm is a great place for a tattoo, and it wont hurt much. Didn't hurt at all for me. It only started hurting a bit after I spent like 30 minutes doing the tattoo, then the skin gets pretty irratated and it hurts more.

So try choosing a body part where you have muscle or fat or thick skin. Your wrist, ankle, foot, lower neck, lower back, will hurt more.

andrea.
07-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Whoa..I think that's awesome. :)
I don't know anything about tattoo's so..
if you really wanna do it, then do it..

_Lost_
07-23-2010, 02:20 PM
be careful about where you decide to place it. You are young and don't know where you will be five or ten years from now. You may want to be able to easily cover it with clothing

crrrN
07-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Just got mine done - ah i'm so excited about it so had to let someone know!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6156161/tattoo.jpg

It's a back peace across like the center of my back!

Cool that you got an Offspring tattoo. But the design licks balls.

Walfri
07-23-2010, 06:35 PM
be careful about where you decide to place it. You are young and don't know where you will be five or ten years from now. You may want to be able to easily cover it with clothing

yeah
actually I wanna get one, but because of some future work or something i donīt know what to do.

Camilamazed
07-23-2010, 07:11 PM
yeah
actually I wanna get one, but because of some future work or something i donīt know what to do.

That's why I got mine on my back. A shirt will always do the trick. My second one is on the shoulder, where I can also hide with a shirt.

=)