PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring to play new material on upcoming tour

Alex101
03-26-2010, 02:25 PM
According to this report (http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?newsID=769716) on The Offspring's website, The Offspring is going to play some new material during the upcoming shows.

Jojan
03-26-2010, 02:40 PM
"The Offspring are currently in the studio working on the follow-up to their heralded Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace album, which featured the alternative and rock radio staples “Hammerhead” and “You‘re Gonna Go Far, Kid.” The band will take a break from the studio to hit the road and debut some new material along with their classic hits. The band are known best for their modern rock anthems including “Self Esteem,” “Come Out And Play (Keep ‘Em Separated)” and “The Kids Aren‘t Alright.”"

Alex101
03-26-2010, 03:28 PM
"The Offspring are currently in the studio working on the follow-up to their heralded Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace album, which featured the alternative and rock radio staples “Hammerhead” and “You‘re Gonna Go Far, Kid.” The band will take a break from the studio to hit the road and debut some new material along with their classic hits. The band are known best for their modern rock anthems including “Self Esteem,” “Come Out And Play (Keep ‘Em Separated)” and “The Kids Aren‘t Alright.”"
That's exactly what I meant. They'll debut as in play new material on the upcoming tour.

ThePhantom
03-26-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't trust that website! :P

chicapowerpunk
03-26-2010, 06:29 PM
According to this report (http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?newsID=769716) on The Offspring's website, The Offspring is going to play some new material during the upcoming shows.

Im waiting for the new album!!!!!!! I want to hear:cool::D

nameless
03-26-2010, 06:36 PM
that got me thinking about the modern rock anthems bit, i cant believe the kids arent alright is over ten years old now, i do see what they mean though! i wont be at any of the new shows but no doubt there will be some footage of the new material which should be cool!

Da Hui
03-26-2010, 08:09 PM
they more than likely won't play anything new, they almost never do. they are the best band in the world at letting me down..

dexter12296566
03-26-2010, 08:35 PM
they more than likely won't play anything new, they almost never do. they are the best band in the world at letting me down..

:mad:That's not nice:mad:

Anyway they played Hammerhead and You're Gonna Go Far Kid before it was released... I am waiting for the new album too, chicapower and anyway, I prefer them to play songs where I can sing along!

cool 2 hate 681
03-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Anyway they played Hammerhead and You're Gonna Go Far Kid before it was released

and half truism .. do we really need a thread about this?

Da Hui
03-26-2010, 09:25 PM
YEAH we do!!! new threads about EVERYTHING are FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!111

Alex101
03-26-2010, 11:05 PM
YEAH we do!!! new threads about EVERYTHING are FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!111
Couldn't agree more. lol

ThunderPX
03-27-2010, 06:52 AM

Why would they outright lie on their own website?

dff_punk
03-27-2010, 09:16 AM
This is really cool news. I am stoked to hear some of the new stuff in the summer. Might that mean we could get the new album somewhere during autumn-winter?

SMASHedTHEignition
03-27-2010, 11:00 PM
cant wait to even hear the live versions of the new stuff, itl be mad :D

Alex101
04-09-2010, 06:25 PM
This is really cool news. I am stoked to hear some of the new stuff in the summer. Might that mean we could get the new album somewhere during autumn-winter?
I agree. It is really cool news and I'm definitely looking forward to what the Offspring would sound like with Pete in it. And since The Offspring's now taking a break from the studio (meaning they may or may not have finished it), we might see their new album around late 2010 or early 2011.

Ryder1234
04-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Awesome! So know we know:

If you're going to a show, you gotta bring a half decent camera, at least at catching sound. Try and get the best bootleg of the song(s) we can, unlike that first Hammerhead recording :p

randman21
04-09-2010, 10:17 PM
What we need is that guy Bill (univonc) to go to one of the shows. His recordings were spectacular. :D

Alex101
04-10-2010, 10:50 AM
Awesome! So know we know:

If you're going to a show, you gotta bring a half decent camera, at least at catching sound. Try and get the best bootleg of the song(s) we can, unlike that first Hammerhead recording :p
Is that what you did when you did when you went to see The Offspring, bring a half decent camera?

selfDemanDeD
04-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Guys, you can bring a decent voice recorder with you, for example :) with that you can enjoy the show and record it simultaneously :cool:

Ryder1234
04-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Is that what you did when you did when you went to see The Offspring, bring a half decent camera?

No, I've never been to an offspring concert.

Also, what self DemanDeD said was better... if you've got a sound recorder you could just put it in your pocket and let it record while you rock out.

Alex101
04-10-2010, 06:51 PM
No, I've never been to an offspring concert.

Also, what self DemanDeD said was better... if you've got a sound recorder you could just put it in your pocket and let it record while you rock out.
Oh, I see...

cool 2 hate 681
04-10-2010, 07:17 PM

i have done that before but usually the quality is so bad it's not worth uploading

Cock Joke
04-11-2010, 09:51 AM
For the love of god...PLEASE someone record the fucking new songs and upload them to youtube for us. I don't care if it's just an audio. Make sure the quality is tolerable and slam them up on YT. I don't want some staticky shit that no one can make out for shit. This is gonna be fuckin' AWESOME!

That is all I have to say.