PDA

View Full Version : last album you listened to

Free?
04-01-2010, 05:05 AM
That's right, just like we do it with movies (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34951).

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis. I'm loving it. Don't know what the band meant with it having the metal feeling about it though, I get more of soul/bluesy vibe from it. You can definitely notice cameos to DEP's previous works here and there which is more than fine with me. Gold Teeth on a Bum is soo going to be a single, another candidate would be Widower. Greg surely can sound like the best thing ever. Goosebumps. Album's name does a great job on warping all lyrical storm of what at first may seem to be nonsense into a quite solid, meaningful form.
An instant favorite. 6+1-8+2-3+12/10

coke_a_holic
04-01-2010, 05:30 AM
I just finished giving Giants - Old Stories my first listen.

I've never heard a post-rock album that I liked before now. It was kind of exciting to finally hear something from the genre that really stuck out at me. They're like if Explosions In The Sky got less boring/long-winded (long-...fretted?). Oh, plus, the album artwork is gorgeous.

A sample!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLTDiS5kuyk

ad8
04-01-2010, 05:55 AM
NOFX - Coaster

I liked it. A few songs that you (maybe) wouldn't expect from NOFX, but in general it's the typical melodic punk rock that I love.
Highlights: The Quitter, My Orphan Year, Eddie Bruce and Paul, Suits And Ladders.

Alison
04-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Gob - Muertos Vivos

Was better than I expected it to be. Havent listened it to it enough for favourites yet, except 'We're All Dying', because I knew that one already.

dff_punk
04-01-2010, 06:39 AM
No Use For A Name - More Betterness.

Haven't heard that album in ages, forgot how good it was. My very favorites which I remembered till this very day were Life Size Mirror, Chasing Rainbows and the beautiful Room 13, but I also found the gems I totally forgot about, such as Always Carrie, Fairytale Of New York (really bouncy :D) and fuckin' Sleepin' In, I totally forgot how awesome that song was. I love how those guys play with melodies. One of their better(ness?) albums for sure.

holland25
04-01-2010, 06:46 AM
My Dying Bride - 34.788% Complete

I'm not a big fan of doom metal, but I like to listen to it every now and then. But this album sucks (in my opinion). Their earlier works were at least listenable, thanks to the deep growling vocals. This one's got distorted clean vocals and it bores the shit outta me.

Llamas
04-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Room 13

They have a song called room 13, too?? I only know Room 19 ;) ;)

dff_punk
04-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Haha, you got me there. Stupid typo :o

jacknife737
04-01-2010, 01:10 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_DM_KTW28jxc/SlN_94U4lqI/AAAAAAAAAX8/kCsK6ufQGMQ/s320/The+Menzingers+-+A+Lesson+In+Abuse.jpg

The Menzingers - A Lesson In The Abuse of Technology

So fucking good: very aggressive sounding pop punk: think Off With Their Heads meets Against Me! meets just a hint of Anti-Flag*. Their new full length this year is definitely going to be in my top five.

Best song on the album live - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wo7B8c9_64

A couple studio versions of different other tracks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzBXyrN3Jq4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X15aUU-SoCQ&feature=PlayList&p=68F01EDAB72A5945&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

*I only mention them because on occasion one of the vocalists sounds a bit like justin sane.

Llamas
04-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Lately I've been really digging the album from Scars on Broadway - a side project of System of a Down guitarist, Daron Malakian. I didn't like it for a long time... I thought it was too much of typical rock, but lately it's massively grown on me. It's much more unique than I thought previously, and the only thing I don't like about it is that Daron's voice is sometimes ridiculously cheesy when he tries to sound hardcore. He just doesn't have the voice for that. But it's still a really solid experimental rock album which I would recommend.

holland25
04-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Yes, Scars on Broadway are pretty decent even though I've hated Malakian since System of a Down's early years. But still, Serj's album is way better.

Free?
04-26-2010, 12:34 PM
http://www.centurymedia.com/media/release/large/634043047065312500.jpg (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XX83SZ1N)
Sick Of It All - Based on a True Story.

Simple songs about simple things. Probably their catchiest so far. Many sing-along moments. Not as heavy as Death To Tyrants, but still damn tight. Jumpy and bouncy, lovely and positive. Thumbs up.

T-6005
04-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Spoon - Gimme Fiction

I really like the first half of this album. The way I listen to albums, though, I always start at the beginning and go straight to the end, which means that if something comes up the last 3 or 4 songs often don't get discovered until later - which is actually something I really like.

holland25
04-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Emperor: Scattered Ashes: A Decade of Emperial Wrath

Norsk black metal has always been my favourite type of black metal. And especially keyboard-ridden, yet aggressive type, just like that of Emperor's. This thing is a compilation / best of, it includes most of their ''greatest hits'' and a shitload of B-sides. I especially dig their cover of Bathory's classic opus A Fine Day to Die. Overall, the album is pretty kickass.

Retard
04-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Just listened to Thrice's "Beggars" for the first time in a while..... great progression from the alchemy index. It has the same kinda vibe as air and water, but not alot of the electronics that water had. Check out the title track and circles....
if u buy the physical copy it comes with a download card thats got a bunch of bsides and a remix of Circles which is actually better than the original.

jacknife737
04-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Last three albums:

Gaslight Anthem - American Slang
-Holy fuck this is good, fuck.

Menzingers - Chamberlain Waits
-So good

Frank Turner - First Three Years
-I love Frank, so very, very much.

Krojd
04-27-2010, 04:14 AM
The Gaslight Anthem:

I was sooo looking forward to American Slang and now, when I'm listening to it... I am little bit disappointed. I really miss the power and energy of Sink or Swim, damn, that album is a masterpiece.

The Killigans - Honor:

Nothing to say, 15/10.

Against Me! - White Crosses:

Well. This album is.. different. When I've heard it for the first time I was like "What the fuck is this?!". Dont know how they did it but I've completely changed my mind and I like this album a lot now.

So...

American Slang: 5-6/10 (first listening today)
Honor: 15/10
White Crosses: At the beginning 3/10, now 8-9/10

nameless
04-27-2010, 03:27 PM
the last complete album was 21st century breakdown. i dont really listen to albums anymore, i just shuffle the songs i own!

RageAndLov
04-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Leathermouth - X
The vocalist is Frank Iero, more known as the guitarist of My Chemical Romance. As MCR is a good band, Leathermouth is much better.

Retard
04-27-2010, 11:36 PM
That Leathermouth album is really good.

how the fuck did u guys already hear gaslight and against me? arent both out months from now?

Krojd
04-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Against me leaked three months before release and Gaslight two months before , so.

Retard
04-28-2010, 10:49 AM
well that sucks..... feel bad for em.

oh well i can wait another month

Lord Phidias
04-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Rise Against - Appeal to Reason

First timer... really good!! Thumbs up!

Alison
04-29-2010, 05:05 AM
Kate Nash - My Best Friend is You

Maybe even better than her first album. Maybe. Mansion song is amazing.
get up, get down and get undressed 'cause that's what you do best;
strip, strip, strip and shag, fuck get fucked and drag and be impressed by the better sex
take a piece of raw vegetable, and hold it to your breast and say that you stood for nothing.
I cant stop listening to it.

Jawbreaker - Dear You
I especially love Accident Prone.

RageAndLov
04-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Government Warning - No Moderation

Best ongoing band today.

Retard
04-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Dear You is probably my favorite Jawbreaker... just put that on at work the other day. and accident prone is one of my favorites on it to. along with shirt and fireman.

Dj Shadow and Cut Chemist: Brainfreeze.
The controversial mashup hiphop instrumental album that had everyone talking for a couple minutes is actually pretty awesome despite its hype. Yes everything was taken from other shit but thats what makes music like this so amazing. To take tiny snippets and other bits and pieces from 100% outside sources and make something as cohesive and great as this is amazing. And all they used was 7"s

coke_a_holic
04-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Speaking of Jawbreaker, my Jets To Brazil shirt came in the mail the other day! It's awesome!

You guys should check out Orange Rhyming Dictionary, I like it more than any of the Jawbreaker albums.

EDIT: I guess I should explain... Jets To Brazil was Blake Schwarzenbach's next band after Jawbreaker broke up. They play kind of similar music, but less pop punk and more indie rock. His voice is still badass, though, and his songwriting is slightly better. What a G.

Here it is!

http://www.mediafire.com/?z5jjyjztjmy

Also, the last album I listened to was The Weakerthans' Fallow. It's still awesome.

nameless
05-01-2010, 07:31 PM
just finished from the ahses by pennywise, not their best album when compared to the rest but still has some absolute gems on there!

nancyoff
05-02-2010, 07:29 PM
MUSE the resistance
I think theyre good

:rolleyes:

Retard
05-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Rocket Boy is definitley one of my favorie songs of all time. finally found a copy of Four Cornered Night.

Last album i listened to was Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys. What an amazing album, the rhymes are amazing, some great funny storyish songs on there(car theif, Egg Man, High Plains Drifter). An album that would never be able to be made today because almost 99% of it is all samples. Theres a bunch of beatles samples on there, loads of old soul and r&b on there, a couple ramones samples. One of the great headphones records definitley, and it sounds amazing on vinyl. cant believe it took me almost a year to actually sit down and put it on my turntable.

Ninty Man
05-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Stiff Upper Lip from AC/DC

A mediocre album, but with good tunes

The Resistance: Muse

Good album, but sometimes pretty... MMM... how to say it in English... complex

I prefer Absolution

The Living End: self titled

AWESOME

Retard
05-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Deftones new one "Diamond Eyes"
these men are geniuses.... that's all i really gotta say.

Free?
05-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - Angles and Logic of Chance are my latest discovery (thanks Alison!) and I like that stuff a lot.

MAXTER
05-15-2010, 03:37 PM
AFI - Black Sails In The Sunset [1999] This is one of the greatest album ever on the world of music... :cool:

grunge
05-16-2010, 04:53 AM
Slayer - Hell Awaits

RageAndLov
05-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Warkrime - Give War a Chance
Very very good hardcore punk.

Ninty Man
05-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Bruce Dickinson -solo album- The chemical wedding.

when you listen this album, you know why Harris want him back

Retard
05-16-2010, 01:02 PM
United Nations by United Nations

With members supposedly coming from Thursday and Glassjaw, no one expected to hear the crazy deathgrind powerviolence sound that came out of their speakers when this cd was put into the player. This albums is fast, loud, and intense as shit. Anyone into grind and into really polical lyrics you should check it out. Both the bands Myspace and Facebook have been deleted, and I guess the real United Nations have asked them to stop using the name. Oh well.... i guess no one will know who was under those Ronald Reagan masks.

Free?
05-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Fatso Jetson - Archaic Volumes. Fatso always delivers and never disappoints. That's an axiom.

Ninty Man
06-01-2010, 06:46 PM
The Living end- Self titled-

WOW... amazing album... I WANT MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR

Outerspaceman21
06-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance

Strung Out - Exile in Oblivion

Been listening to those non stop for some reason. I think I'm feeling the spark to create again because of these albums. Good shit.

Krojd
06-02-2010, 11:41 AM
The Living end- Self titled-

WOW... amazing album... I WANT MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR

So listen moooaaarrrr

Retard
06-02-2010, 09:58 PM
From the Bottom by Off With Their Heads
One of the greatest Pop-punk bands ever. Gravelly ass vocals over great hooks, with some of the most depressing and relatable lyrics of all time.

Fornever by Murs and 9th Wonder
So I guess this is the third album they've done together. First one I've heard and I like this one a lot. Murs has a great flow and 9th Wonder makes some good beats on here. Best song is probably "cigerettes and liquor".

garageland
06-03-2010, 06:25 PM
The Clash - The Clash

Jojan
06-04-2010, 04:48 AM
No Fun At All - Low Rider

MAXTER
06-04-2010, 04:54 AM
Dont' Look Down - The Fear In Love

MAXTER
06-04-2010, 08:42 AM
The Offspring - Rise & Fall, Rage & Grace!!!

nightvision
06-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold.

It's awesome.

Cock Joke
06-04-2010, 09:17 AM
The Offspring's 1st album.

Retard
06-04-2010, 10:24 AM
i got Ceremony's Rohern Park downloading right now.... i cant wait.

I listened to miasma by black dahlia murder last night... it was alright

Retard
06-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Rohern Park LP by Ceremony
Insanely noisy hardcore from southern California. it opens with an instrumental intro that almost sounds like a distorted surf number, but then all of a sudden it goes into a balls to the wall headbanger that just makes you want to have a circle pit in your living room. Each song is like that except for the outro and middle intermission type song. If you're looking for a new kind of sound for your hardcore loving ears please do not hesitate to look this slab of wax up and you will definitily not be disapointed.

Ninty Man
06-04-2010, 09:50 PM
So listen moooaaarrrr

Well... in Mexico is really difficult to find their music

Krojd
06-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Well... in Mexico is really difficult to find their music

I can help you with that.

Ninty Man
06-05-2010, 10:55 PM
I can help you with that.

How?????? :confused:

Krojd
06-06-2010, 03:00 AM
How?????? :confused:

Well, I got their whole discography, so ;)

jacknife737
06-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Off With Their Heads - In Desolation

A possible frontrunner for my album of the year; if you have any interest in melodic punk whatsoever, check these guys out. Short, fast paced, catchy tunes, what more could you ask for? My favorite song so far, is Their Own Medicine, and it's their "cleanest" sounding album so far, but the change in production is for the better.

Krojd
06-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Same album as Jacknife. Their Own Medicine is my favorite song too...this one and Clear the Air.

Edit: And Trying to Breathe.

jacknife737
06-07-2010, 03:22 PM
^ Trying to Breath is so freaking good. I love this album so much.

Retard
06-07-2010, 10:01 PM
It was already a given that I was gonna grab the new OWTH tomorow.... but you two just cemented that... thank you.

Just finished "More Betterness!" by NUFAN.... great album.... but I think I'm gonna skip Fairytale of New York..... If the original was half as good as it is NUFAN's version would probably ruin it.... thank god the original is so good. cuz that is one of my favorite Pogues songs.

tayluhhx3
06-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Red Light Fever by Taylor Hawkins & the Coattail Riders.
(:

Free?
06-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Da Pantz - On One Condition. Soundwaves reaching through my consciousness made vibes of my essence shake and tremble as my whole being got filled with 1337ness of the highest grade. Aaaand... now my dick is several inches longer!

Rooster
06-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Alice In Chains - Dirt, BGWTB, Facelift and self-titled. I'm trying to get into the mood for their gig in Zagreb i'm planning to attend.

SS
06-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Just about to finish Billy Talent's self titled album :)

I'd say 8/10.

Retard
06-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Eyes and Nines by Trash Talk
Oh fuck.... they took the insane powerviolence/hardcore abrasiveness from their last album(selftitled), and they took it to a whole other place. Theres the less than a minute hardcore songs that speed by like a bullet train in japan, to the still fast as shit longer songs(is That Matt from the Bronx on Explode?) Then theres the slow dirty as fuck Hash Wednesday four minutes of sacreligious awesomeness that jus goes on for four minutes making wish I has smoked tonight. Yea the record is short as hell but isn't that what hardcore is? Loud abrasive music that's no bullshit? Fuck yea it is.... Thanks Trash Talk you made a potentially top ten record of 2010 here!

White Crosses on the other hand... Yea it's definitly not a great record.... But I dont think its bad either.... just kinda meh... it'll either be a grower... or it'll stay a meh album... I hope it's a grower.

Retard
06-09-2010, 11:10 PM
In Desolation by Off With Their Heads
oh fuck that thing sounds kinda like me in a nutshell.... this band has always been one hundred percent relatable with me..... I fucking love this album.... wow guys great job... so awesome.

zookie85
06-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

Its great. Just as the Offspring they have their own style.

Retard
06-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Year Zero is a badass record.... I liked the slip to.

Jus listened to Who's Next by the Who again.... such and amazing album... my wife is so awesome, well so is everything else but i think thats my favorite song... then probably goin mobile.

MAXTER
06-12-2010, 08:48 AM
Wednesday 13 - Skeletons

I Like it very much

jacknife737
06-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Gaslight Anthem - American Slang

So freakin good. No sure if it tops the 59' Sound or Sink or Swim just yet, but i do know that i love it. Favorite song at the moment - Boxer.

Retard
06-17-2010, 12:40 PM
second the gaslight comment....

Krojd
06-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Just few songs from American Slang. I'm in love with Old Haunts, hope I'll like whole album but I'm not sure about that.

And

White Noise by The Living End. Ahhh it's been a while, it's still great and best songs still are: How Do We Know, Raise the Alarm, Make the Call, Loaded Gun and Hey Hey Disbeliever... maybe White Noise

Ninty Man
06-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Just few songs from American Slang. I'm in love with Old Haunts, hope I'll like whole album but I'm not sure about that.

And

White Noise by The Living End. Ahhh it's been a while, it's still great and best songs still are: How Do We Know, Raise the Alarm, Make the Call, Loaded Gun and Hey Hey Disbeliever... maybe White Noise

White noise is osom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krojd
06-18-2010, 11:59 AM
There is no bad album by The Living End... I love them all.

Ninty Man
06-18-2010, 01:35 PM
There is no bad album by The Living End... I love them all.

The weakest is modern artillery.... XD

Last album: Against me! New wave.

Great album, with a pair of bad songs. Any other suggestion of this guys?

cool 2 hate 681
06-18-2010, 02:57 PM
stories of survival by authority zero i liked it

jacknife737
06-18-2010, 03:25 PM

Since you enjoyed New Wave, check out their latest White Crosses: it's probably the most similar musically.

Then, i'd suggest just working your way back through their discography, i love all their work.

Searching For A Former Clarity and the Eternal Cowboy and lastly Reinventing Axel Rose (the most different from New Wave)

Krojd
06-18-2010, 04:06 PM

You're right about Modern Artillery, but I still like it :)

Listen to every Against Me album, I like them all also. Maybe Searching For A Former Clarity is the best one for me, but it's hard to choose.

jacknife737
06-18-2010, 06:01 PM
You're right about Modern Artillery, but I still like it :)

Listen to every Against Me album, I like them all also. Maybe Searching For A Former Clarity is the best one for me, but it's hard to choose.

My favorite as well.

Retard
06-18-2010, 11:52 PM
I still havent heard Reinventing but everything else is pretty amazing. My favorite probably being Eternal Cowboy.

Which songs off New Wave didnt you like?

I listened to "Still NothinG Moves You" by Ceremony on my break today to hype myself up for the show tonigh(exhausting but great by the way). It's not as good as Rohernt Park, But theres some great songs on there, its so raw and intense!

Krojd
06-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Rat City Riot - Load Up

I love this band, love this album, love this punk n' roll. Nothing more to say, it's perfect.

MAXTER
06-24-2010, 10:55 AM
Ramones - Animal Boy

jacknife737
06-26-2010, 03:13 PM
The Real Mckenzies - Shine Not Burn

Their new acoustic live album: so freakin good. Wouldn't have minded a couple more songs from their newest album (their best work), but the band is just so much fun live.

Krojd
08-13-2010, 10:21 AM
The Freeze - Misery Loves Company (LP -1991)

I am absolutely amazed by this album. Great vocals, melodies and oldschool sound. When you say classic punk I choose this album. I've never heard of these guys before until today. I was just messing around, listening to Internal Salvation by The Unseen and I discovered that song Talking Bombs is a cover of The Freeze... and here I am, loving The Freeze.

9,8/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTtoxsMdrfg

Best songs: Talking Bombs, D.E.A, Forced Vacation, The Criminal Inside.

mynamewastaken
08-13-2010, 11:52 AM
The Offspring - Rise And Fall Rage And Grace

Free?
08-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Kenji Kawai - Avalon [soundtrack]. Sinking in it.
along with:
Vangelis - Blade Runner [soundtrack].
Giants - Old Stories.

Sofinch
08-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

I love it, my favourite band in Symphonic metal music
but Nightwish isn't Nightwish any mory without Tarja,
Anette's got a really great voice but in some kind of way it doesn't really fit for 100%
and I love the Poet and the Pendulum, there's one part that's absolutely great
after all I give it a 8-9/10

jacknife737
08-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Cobra Skulls - American Rubicon

Just recently started to listen to these guys: such a fantastic punk band: can't wait to hear what they come up with their new album this fall. Their song One Day I'll Never has reinforced in my mind that there are actually instances where bands can use piano without it sounding cheesy (glances at Green Day).

cool 2 hate 681
08-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Rufio-Anybody Out There

it's not as good as the comfort of home but still has some good songs on it

mynamewastaken
08-13-2010, 03:34 PM
ANALOGY: The SRIs =]

Outerspaceman21
08-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Rufio-Anybody Out There

it's not as good as the comfort of home but still has some good songs on it

I heard a few of the songs off there. It's sounds pretty solid. Was never much of a Rufio fan, but I am glad they got back together and are doing something.

holland25
08-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Chimaira - The Infection

Walla_Walla 93
08-14-2010, 12:24 PM
A hangover You Didn't Deserve- Bowling for Soup

AP guy
08-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Augest Burns Red - Constellations

Retard
08-16-2010, 12:41 AM
Look Now Look Again, by Rainer Maria.
Someone put it on at work the other day i liked it alot, saw that it was only like 2.99 so i picked it up today on no tax day. Just think of the first couple of Jimmy Eat World records, but with a lady singer to. Pretty dope.

Anika0110
08-16-2010, 06:12 AM
The Offspring- Rise and fall, rage and grace
Nine inch nails- The downward spiral
Tool- Lateralus