PDA

View Full Version : Pass me by on new album

pieniol(PL)
04-01-2010, 03:14 PM
I'd really like to hear this song, so maybe we could make official thread and ask Offspring members to record it and put it on new cd :D what you guys think?

Alex101
04-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah, it would be nice to finally see "Pass Me By" on the next record. I've been ready to hear that song ever since they worked on Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.

dff_punk
04-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Hmm, could be. They said in one interview they were looking at the songs that didn't make it on their previous records, so who knows...

Chainsaw
04-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Do you guys ever think that the ending bit of "recording Splinter" video was just some random riff or whatever and not Pass me by? Such a song may not exist at all.

EDIT: Or am i missing something?

GuilhermeOffspring
04-01-2010, 07:54 PM
I think Pass Me By will be released in this new album!

_Lost_
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM
I think there are about a hundred of these threads.

cool 2 hate 681
04-01-2010, 09:21 PM
i think the only way we will hear it at this point is if they put out a b sides album

pieniol(PL)
04-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Do you guys ever think that the ending bit of "recording Splinter" video was just some random riff or whatever and not Pass me by? Such a song may not exist at all.

EDIT: Or am i missing something?

yeah but this riff just kicks ass so maybe they could use it in a new song. Guitar melody and drums are just amazing :D

Homer
04-02-2010, 03:41 AM
Yes, because hearing a song that the band rejected would be SO GOOD.

Dexter_italy
04-02-2010, 04:51 AM

this....forever and a day!

Alex101
04-02-2010, 09:00 AM
i think the only way we will hear it at this point is if they put out a b sides album
Yes, that's possible or maybe as a b-side of a single.

pieniol(PL)
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Yes, that's possible or maybe as a b-side of a single.

so they need to record new cd really quick. Then they will put out a new single with b-side:cool:

TripleDK
04-02-2010, 02:23 PM

They didn't really reject it, did they?
I thought it just "didn't fit" with the rest of the album... and then for Rise and Fall, they wanted it to be completely new material.

But anyways, I don't get why people get so worked up about it, you heard one riff, get over it!
Then again... any new/new-old Offspring is good Offspring :D

dexter12296566
04-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Yeah, it would be nice to finally see "Pass Me By" on the next record. I've been ready to hear that song ever since they worked on Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace.

Wasn't part of it recorded during Splinter? I remember Dex posting the lyrics on the home page in like late 2007-ish...

pieniol(PL)
04-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Wasn't part of it recorded during Splinter? I remember Dex posting the lyrics on the home page in like late 2007-ish...

maybe but it's not about the lyrics:D we just want to hear a song with "pass me by" riff and drums. Those just have a climat that everyone enjoys:)

SMASHedTHEignition
04-02-2010, 09:38 PM

wait a minute, theres lyrics alredy posted? does anyone know where they are?

_Lost_
04-02-2010, 09:50 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4122043

randman21
04-02-2010, 11:02 PM
wait a minute, theres lyrics alredy posted? does anyone know where they are?
Those were lyrics to Takes Me Nowhere.

The Nameless
04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
People have been talking about pass me by forever now. It's not going to be released. I'd say it's more on the level of a myth. "blah blah there's a shitty live recording somewhere yada yadda." It's over.

P.S.
PROVE ME WRONG DEXTER.

Dexter_italy
04-03-2010, 04:05 AM
wishing for a song we heard a clip of so long ago is really....useless.... I really hope that if they ever release it ti will be a shitty song!! just to disappoint all the people who seem to live for it :D:D

Alex101
04-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Wasn't part of it recorded during Splinter?
Yes they did record "Pass Me By" for Splinter, but according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splinter_(The_Offspring_album)#Excluded_Tracks), the band felt that it was too heavy for the album, so it never featured that song. "Pass Me By" was going to appear on Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace, but then Dexter announced that all of the songs for that album were completely new without re-recordings of older songs (including "Pass Me By") and thought that would be cheating, so it never appeared on RAFRAG. Last year, Noodles said that the next Offspring album might feature some of the material that was recorded for their last three albums, meaning that "Pass Me By" might be featured.

nieh
04-03-2010, 10:05 AM
I was never the biggest fan of the snippet of the song that made its way to youtube. As far as unreleased songs go, I'm much more curious about We Don't Have Sex Anymore.

jacknife737
04-03-2010, 10:20 AM
I was never the biggest fan of the snippet of the song that made its way to youtube. As far as unreleased songs go, I'm much more curious about We Don't Have Sex Anymore.

Same here.

Honestly, i have very little interest in hearing it, other than it being a novelty of a new offspring song. I just don't really care for their "heavy" stuff, ie Race Against Myself.

pieniol(PL)
04-03-2010, 10:29 AM
wishing for a song we heard a clip of so long ago is really....useless.... I really hope that if they ever release it ti will be a shitty song!! just to disappoint all the people who seem to live for it :D:D

hahaha and that's why we love the Offspring:D

Supa
04-03-2010, 08:57 PM

Where'd you here about that one? What about Give It Up, What The Fuck, Dirty Magic rerecording, and Ring Of Fire? Pass Me By should be done by now, Dexter did say it was five minutes long, so if it isn't complete, it's dang close.

TheOldMark
04-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Theres a reason why it didnt make the cut the first time.

nieh
04-04-2010, 06:37 PM
There was also a reason why they didn't release "Pay the Man" when they first recorded it for Ixnay, that doesn't change the fact that it's probably their best song ever.

That said, I only heard like 20 seconds, but Pass Me By sounded pretty generic to my ears.

mrconeman
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I hope they do release it, and then it's a terrible song, just so everyone shuts up talking about it. That'd be good.

SMASHedTHEignition
04-04-2010, 08:45 PM
hope they re-record the song sorority bitch for the new album :D

danitanev
04-05-2010, 06:33 AM
I want Pass Me By too, but what I really want is new song from The Offspring everyday :) - I'm so unpretending - am I?

Cock Joke
04-05-2010, 07:21 AM
The fuck is wrong with everyone saying it shouldn't be released or that you want it to suck?

Supa
04-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Remember, it's cool to hate.

Theres a reason why it didnt make the cut the first time.

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journal?journal=430176

Next.

pieniol(PL)
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/journal?journal=430176

Next.

yeah, so if they holded up with releasing this song it's gonna be on some future cd for sure:)

pieniol(PL)
04-05-2010, 10:14 AM
I want Pass Me By too, but what I really want is new song from The Offspring everyday :) - I'm so unpretending - am I?

365 new offspring songs for 365 days a year, that would be great:D:D guys should think about that:D

Tomasisko
04-05-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm not sure about one thing guys... Did I read somewhere that Pass me by is a slow song?

randman21
04-05-2010, 01:34 PM

Next.
Ha. I completely forgot that the band has acknowledged Pass Me By's existence. It kinda nullifies whatever I was going to say below.

The fuck is wrong with everyone saying it shouldn't be released or that you want it to suck?
Yeah. It's an amusing sentiment, but I don't really get wanting one of your favorite bands to have a bad song. But if the song doesn't get released on this next album, I'd like people to hush about it.

holland25
04-05-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure about one thing guys... Did I read somewhere that Pass me by is a slow song?

It was said that it is quite long and heavy, kinda metal-ish. Just like Pay the Man.

Rooster
04-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I liked the short bit of the song, i would like to hear it on the new album. And is there anything wrong if it's a slow-tempo song? If that riff is any indication, it could still sound badass in the end.

Dexter_italy
04-06-2010, 05:31 AM
Point is.... it's a 30 second clip which doesn't really give an idea of what song is.... even if they use that clip who's gonna tell you is the same song it was then?
It's like if we had listened the slow part of coggs back in 93' before smash was released and then we had gotta get away and thought it was the same song...
So that's why I'd like to stop bitchin about a 30 seconds clip. It could come out with another title, be completely different as it was or other....
I like that riff but I don't think they must\have to use it... if it fits with the new stuff it'll be ok, but if they should use it just because we bitch about it then I hope it will disappoint everyone. :cool:

RexDarr
04-08-2010, 09:05 PM
I think that if The Offspring was to do a B-Sides album it should either be included on the new album as a Delux Edition or a Special Edition.
If not I think that there should be at least a DVD included with live footage and interviews included on the new album!

RexDarr
04-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Yes they did record "Pass Me By" for Splinter, but according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splinter_(The_Offspring_album)#Excluded_Tracks), the band felt that it was too heavy for the album, so it never featured that song. "Pass Me By" was going to appear on Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace, but then Dexter announced that all of the songs for that album were completely new without re-recordings of older songs (including "Pass Me By") and thought that would be cheating, so it never appeared on RAFRAG. Last year, Noodles said that the next Offspring album might feature some of the material that was recorded for their last three albums, meaning that "Pass Me By" might be featured.

I hope Offspring does some more thrashy/punky stuff like the good ol' days

mrXniick
04-08-2010, 11:27 PM

I'm pretty sure I have seen other members on this forum say the same thing to you...

WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A VALID SOURCE OF INFORMATION.... especially considering you are the one who probably updated it.

pieniol(PL)
04-09-2010, 05:40 AM
I think that if The Offspring was to do a B-Sides album it should either be included on the new album as a Delux Edition or a Special Edition.
If not I think that there should be at least a DVD included with live footage and interviews included on the new album!

yeah, but I'm afraid that if there will be Special or Deluxe Edition it'll be awailable only in Japan:D as it used to be many times. Live DVD would be freakin awesome!

Supa
04-09-2010, 07:34 AM
I'm pretty sure I have seen other members on this forum say the same thing to you...

WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A VALID SOURCE OF INFORMATION.... especially considering you are the one who probably updated it.

Considering that the source is offspring.com, I doubt he's the one that updated it. Better luck next time.

randman21
04-09-2010, 01:50 PM
But that doesn't change the fact that he relies on Wikipedia for everything, even if the source is an Ultimate Guitar article that was itself based on a Wiki article. And notice he said "according to wikipedia," and not "according to the Offspring/Dexter," especially when the direct source he was referring to was already posted in this thread.