PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring, Metallica and Thin Lizzy are being used to find the Taliban

ThePhantom
04-06-2010, 07:38 AM
http://www.musictoob.com/the-offspring-metallica-and-thin-lizzy-are-being-used-to-find-the-taliban-14834

TripleDK
04-06-2010, 08:45 AM
The Offspring: "Ear splitting heavy metal" :D:D

Rooster
04-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah, teach them hairy midgets what real music is...

On a side note, name one "thrasher" song by The Offspring :p

edit: Death Magnetic would split anyone's ears, i'll give them that.

Zee
04-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah, this news even got into a Finnish yellow papers...

randman21
04-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Yeah, teach them hairy midgets what real music is...

On a side note, name one "thrasher" song by The Offspring :p

Haha, or Thin Lizzy for that matter. I don't know much about their band, but I thought they were pre-thrash.

I love this story just because it's Offspring, but it is pretty bad. I can imagine if the police played Taylor Swift in some of my old neighborhoods to get the criminals to come out...

ThePhantom
04-06-2010, 01:14 PM
US army told some news agency that they've done this to lift up soldiers´ moral.

mrconeman
04-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Thin Lizzy aren't in the slighest bit thrash. They're a very melodic rock band, with (very) few heavier moments.

However, The Taliban don't like Thin Lizzy? Fuck that, I support the war now. Thin Lizzy are amazing. Evidence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unnh0T2Ftro

Little_Miss_1565
04-06-2010, 02:04 PM
This seems really weird. Thin Lizzy is what you play when you're drinking beer on the porch in the evening during the summer, not when you're trying to annoy the Taliban out of hiding.

For Real
04-06-2010, 07:46 PM
oh funny coincidence: i was just telling a friend of mine on the phone that i was gonna put on some thin lizzy music vids.. burn some incense.. and chilax..

SUPER COOL-I-O MAN! :cool:

RexDarr
04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
win!!!!!!!

Rag Doll
04-07-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm intrigued as to how the bands in question feel about this...

Cock Joke
04-08-2010, 09:34 AM
THEY ARE HELPING A GREAT FUCKING CAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1i

Leandro
04-08-2010, 11:53 AM
I think the band will not like this ... What band would like to have their songs used as "weapon" against terrorists, affecting the lives of people who suffer from these wars?

It's just my opinion...

SåS
04-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Fuck, so its thrash, because its played loud enough to scare terrorists?

offsrx
04-09-2010, 06:17 AM
How can that happen whiteout offspring's endorse?
Can Offspring Sue them for using/abusing their music?

Nitro Punk
04-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Fuck, so its thrash, because its played loud enough to scare terrorists?

in this case the Americans were the terrorists!I think the Americans were always!

Offspring-Junkie
04-09-2010, 06:28 AM

James Hatfield (Metallica) was proud that they used their songs to torture people. Maybe it was more of a reference to this article.

offsrx
04-09-2010, 06:32 AM
in this case the Americans were the terrorists!I think the Americans were always!
i can't agree more..

Also - a note to U.S. military:

-if they really want to get talibans out of the bushes, why don't they simply play - Come Out and Play? not because of title, but because that middle east riff..?
Offspring has a lot of middle east riffs (especially that 2 guitar jam on Smash at the end of the song, pay the man, etc..) and i think that it's more efficient to play something that they'd might like rather than try with noise..

dexter12296566
04-09-2010, 06:40 AM

NOT TRUE!

Anyway, I don't think they should be using music for that! It isn't a good idea!

littleCentipede
04-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Why would they use music to cause harm to anyone anyway? Are they enhancing certain sound waves to cause pain? I can't imagine any kind of music being torturous to someone unless they hate it enough with furious passion.

...Unless they played it for like... days at a time. That'd drive anyone nuts.

As an American it hurts me to see anyone call us Terrorists. But I can't disagree or argue with it.

Also, if they want to weed them out with "ear splitting metal" they need to use bands like Toxic Holocaust. As much as I love the intensity of death and black metal those guys make me a little sick after a little while.

Or Justin Bieber. Everyone hates Justin Bieber.

Free?
04-09-2010, 09:09 AM
I hope that terrorists will actually get into that kind of music, like it enough to start digging the lyrics and eventually change their terroristic intentions into harmless co-existence in love and peace and thrashing riffz. Would be so cool.

Harleyquiiinn
04-09-2010, 09:19 AM
I hope that terrorists will actually get into that kind of music, like it enough to start digging the lyrics and eventually change their terroristic intentions into harmless co-existence in love and peace and thrashing riffz. Would be so cool.

Ah I remember readin an interesting article about this... it was about how blue jeans made a lot more for equality between men (mainly rich and poor) than any human rights declaration or law... I thought it was a cool thought...

dexter12296566
04-09-2010, 11:59 AM

Somehow I don't think that will happen... I think the Taliban will get more mad at the soldiers and now at the bands! When did they start doing this anyway?

PAC90
04-09-2010, 01:05 PM

it will be the perfect world when terrorists and the us army start enjoying offspring together. maybe they'll start bands together? epic

jacknife737
04-09-2010, 01:39 PM
The mental image of a couple humvees rolling through Kandahar blasting pretty fly, is rather amusing.

Same here...