PDA

View Full Version : new forum

For Real
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Can we have a Science forum please???

It 's been my observation that musical people love science, and that science people love music. I'm sure we could have some really neat discussions. Some proposed threads could be:

1. Astronomy/Hubble telescope/SETI
2. Physics :eek: (but I'm not any good at this one, well not yet)
3. Geology/Earth Sciences
4. Biology/Life Sciences
5. Chemistry/Alchemy
6. Extreme weather
7. NASA

etc...

littleCentipede
04-12-2010, 05:25 PM
This is something that I would probably get into, actually. I'm an art major but when I was in middle/high school I loved science (and I like watching programs since I'm not taking any science classes atm, especially those with Michio Kaku.) Heck, maybe Dexter might come on more and post in these, like Noodles (used to) get into the Politics board.

disclaimer_07
04-13-2010, 09:01 AM
8. LaTeX

ad8
04-13-2010, 09:33 AM
A science forum would be a great idea in my opinion but technically the General Chat forum is the place to talk about stuff like that.

Little_Miss_1565
04-13-2010, 09:52 AM
When we have General Chat as a catchall (and the tag system so that you can search for everything tagged 'science'), I'm not sure it makes sense to create more specialized subforums. The politics forum is already not very frequently trafficked, and when it is it's mostly to say the same things about abortion over and over again.

Harleyquiiinn
04-13-2010, 12:47 PM
When we have General Chat as a catchall (and the tag system so that you can search for everything tagged 'science'), I'm not sure it makes sense to create more specialized subforums. The politics forum is already not very frequently trafficked, and when it is it's mostly to say the same things about abortion over and over again.

Ooooooh so that's what the tags are for ! I thought it was only to insert discrete jokes :D

Anyway, yes that would be nice but as Ad8 and LM said... Even the politics forum, which is kind of a good idea too is a little bit useless... Nobody posts science stuff in the General Chat anyway, but if you do, I'd be really happy to participate. I usually enjoy these discussions. :)

PS: lol at the tag :D

For Real
04-14-2010, 11:36 PM
So that's:

Ayes = 3
Nays = 3

:cool:

Jojan
04-15-2010, 02:48 AM
8. LaTeX

There should be one entierly dedicated to Mr. Knuth.

Drafan
04-15-2010, 09:25 AM
mmm Alchemy, we could extract new booze and drugs, and become rich and drunk :cool:

Endymion
04-28-2010, 08:35 AM
There should be one entierly dedicated to Mr. Knuth.

why? he did very little that could be considered science. and although latex is a very valuable tool for those in the sciences, it itself is not science so wouldn't really have a place in a science forum.

nancyoff
04-29-2010, 10:49 PM
mmm Alchemy, we could extract new booze and drugs, and become rich and drunk :cool:

hahah yeah!
now thatīs science ;)