PDA

View Full Version : ¿What are the songs dark offspring?

chicapowerpunk
04-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Someone said Mota,now Dirty Magic,but I think there are more......:rolleyes:

I want to know

Jojan
04-13-2010, 03:45 AM
Sound does not have colors.

disclaimer_07
04-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Someone said Mota,now Dirty Magic,but I think there are more......:rolleyes:

I want to know

Someone said it's alright
Save it now, don't say it for my sake
Someone said it's alright
Faster now, you know I got NO BRAKES

Offspring-Junkie
04-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Vultures comes to my mind. But hey, take the whole Smash album, it's pretty dark and shady in my point of view.

Tompo2000
04-13-2010, 12:30 PM

oh, rly?:D

@topic: the whole self titled album is very dark

chicapowerpunk
04-13-2010, 05:24 PM

Oh Jojan,you can´t see them,but if there is color in your mind...:D;)

chicapowerpunk
04-13-2010, 05:29 PM
May be Original Prankster,I think it has a double meaning just me & my old lady...:confused::eek:

yarock
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
worst hangover ever
pretty fly
why don't you get a job?
don't pick it up
let's hear it from rock whatever
one fine day

these are pretty qualm,suicidal songs from offspring.definitely dark offspring.oh,i almost forgot to mention killboy powerhead(does covers count?);i think it's about a woman who wants to slaughter her boyfriend.i might be wrong though.

SuperKnux
04-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Oh, you kids. Ya'll rule and I wish I could adopt you.

Not really.

Uh, anyway.. a song like "I Choose" is pretty "dark" and "cryptic" despite it's very bubblegum-y pop sound. Infact, it's one of the tracks I would most likely want played at my funeral cause it has that kind of dark humor that I tend to enjoy. I also don't think anybody in attendence would actually understand what I was getting at.

Supa
04-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Oh, you kids. Ya'll rule and I wish I could adopt you.

Not really.

Uh, anyway.. a song like "I Choose" is pretty "dark" and "cryptic" despite it's very bubblegum-y pop sound. Infact, it's one of the tracks I would most likely want played at my funeral cause it has that kind of dark humor that I tend to enjoy. I also don't think anybody in attendence would actually understand what I was getting at.

I disagree about I Choose. I think it has more to do with life being hard, and sucking a lot of the time ("this is life, what a fucked up thing we do, what a nightmare come true"), but you can also choose and make it better ("or a playground if we choose").

Anybody agree?

mynamewastaken
04-16-2010, 07:34 AM
I disagree about I Choose. I think it has more to do with life being hard, and sucking a lot of the time ("this is life, what a fucked up thing we do, what a nightmare come true"), but you can also choose and make it better ("or a playground if we choose").

Anybody agree?

ME!!! lulz.

I think Demons or Beheaded would be the "darkest."

Tijs
04-16-2010, 08:04 AM
What is meant by 'dark'? For me dark means a song that makes me feel... well, kind of hopeless and sad. And by this interpretation I would say Amazed would win this 'contest' easily.

Sometimes I think I'm gonna drown
Cause everyone around's so hollow
I'm alone
And if I make it I'm still alone
No more hope for better days

Even if it contains one of the most raped lines by this BBS.

Uh, anyway.. a song like "I Choose" is pretty "dark" and "cryptic" despite it's very bubblegum-y pop sound. Infact, it's one of the tracks I would most likely want played at my funeral cause it has that kind of dark humor that I tend to enjoy. I also don't think anybody in attendence would actually understand what I was getting at.Oh shit yes, the lyrics is the exact opposite of the feeling the music gives you. I fucking love that song to death.

And why not leave them with some confusion at your funeral? Gives them something to think about.

ad8
04-16-2010, 10:22 AM
What is meant by 'dark'? For me dark means a song that makes me feel... well, kind of hopeless and sad. And by this interpretation I would say Amazed would win this 'contest' easily.

I'm alone

I think there is one line that was even more raped, taken from the song that might be the only song to keep up with Amazed concerning its "darkness" - and it feeeeeeeeels...

Free?
04-16-2010, 12:29 PM
worst hangover ever
pretty fly
why don't you get a job?
don't pick it up
let's hear it from rock whatever
one fine day

these are pretty qualm,suicidal songs from offspring.definitely dark offspring.oh,i almost forgot to mention killboy powerhead(does covers count?);i think it's about a woman who wants to slaughter her boyfriend.i might be wrong though.

That was ugly.

Supa
04-16-2010, 12:51 PM

I'm alone

Oh shit yes, the lyrics is the exact opposite of the feeling the music gives you. I fucking love that song to death.

And why not leave them with some confusion at your funeral? Gives them something to think about.

What's the most "raped line"? I'm not around here enough to know.

And I still don't see the deep deep depressing meaning in I Choose. Someone care to elaborate a bit more?

Also, Race Against Myself and The Noose are really dark, especially Race Against Myself.

Tijs
04-16-2010, 01:17 PM
I think there is one line that was even more raped, taken from the song that might be the only song to keep up with Amazed concerning its "darkness" - and it feeeeeeeeels...I wanted to write it without "one of the..." but then I thought of that line haha.

What's the most "raped line"? I'm not around here enough to know. The "No more hope for better days" line.

ThunderPX
04-17-2010, 03:53 AM

O RLY? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthaesia) 10char

disclaimer_07
04-17-2010, 05:06 AM
Seriously though, Lightning Rod is probably their darkest song.