Thomas
04-23-2010, 07:40 PM
and I nearly wet my pants. That is all.

DMelges
04-23-2010, 07:49 PM
That was lucky! Good for you.

Bejka
04-23-2010, 10:34 PM
I hope we will hear it LIVE this summer!!!

Alex101
04-23-2010, 10:47 PM
I wonder why the song never gets played as much as "Come Out and Play" and "Self Esteem". Maybe it's because it wasn't as succesful as those singles.

mklemp92
04-24-2010, 12:33 PM
yea i choose is my favorite song ever, by any band. Its fun and has a good meaning. Only thing is, i suck at singing along because i cant get my voice as high as dexter's at the chorus hahah

What radio station did you hear it on?

ad8
04-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Wow, I think I'd do the same. I mean, hearing Offspring on the radio is like a miracle for me but even I Choose? Cool!

Berzerker92
04-24-2010, 10:20 PM
I must be lucky... My local rock station plays either Come Out And Play, Self Esteem, or Pretty Fly pretty much daily... Sometimes I'll hear a couple a day between all the stations by me...

mrXniick
04-24-2010, 10:39 PM
I wonder why the song never gets played as much as "Come Out and Play" and "Self Esteem". Maybe it's because it wasn't as succesful as those singles.

..... you think?

Nah.. thats not how radio play works... they play songs that are less successful than other songs... according to wikipedia

Bejka
04-24-2010, 10:59 PM
I choose is hard to sing. But we don't care if there weill be some mistakes in LIVE version of this song, do we???

yarock
04-25-2010, 03:47 AM
I heard something that the wives of the band members featured in the I Choose video as stewardesses.Anyone know anything?

mklemp92
04-25-2010, 06:51 AM
I choose is hard to sing. But we don't care if there weill be some mistakes in LIVE version of this song, do we???

Yea i could care less. If they play it, i dont even know what i would do haha

Greekoldfan
04-25-2010, 07:38 AM
I heard something that the wives of the band members featured in the I Choose video as stewardesses.Anyone know anything?

yeah the first of them is dexter's wife!kristine

Offspring-Junkie
04-25-2010, 07:47 AM
yeah the first of them is dexter's wife!kristine

That's just a rumor. Lunachicks' frontwoman is in the video for sure. I think she's the tatooed blonde in the back.

Edit: I think all three of them belong to the Lunachicks.

Little_Miss_1565
04-25-2010, 09:25 PM
That's just a rumor. Lunachicks' frontwoman is in the video for sure. I think she's the tatooed blonde in the back.

Edit: I think all three of them belong to the Lunachicks.

One Theo from the Lunachicks (the smoking hot blonde with the tattoos. Her band is now Theo & the Skyscrapers, Lunachicks RIP). Another is the missus. Dunno who the third is. But the three of them were not in the Lunachicks.

Omni
04-25-2010, 09:51 PM

I Choose was actually a pretty big hit on mainstream rock radio. I think it reached #5 or something?

..... you think?

Nah.. thats not how radio play works... they play songs that are less successful than other songs... according to wikipedia

Do you have the link to that article? I do believe you, though. Songs like Evenflow and Black get played from Pearl Jam's first album all the time on my local Alternative/Modern Rock station, as well as Sex Type Thing by Stone Temple Pilots, and none of those songs charted pas the 20s on Alternative Rock stations when they were first released in the early 90s. Also Yellow Ledbetter getst played a good amount, and it wasn't hugely successful. I think just the more memorable and/or influential songs get played years after they're released, not the ones that were bigger hits.

Offspring-Junkie
04-29-2010, 12:04 PM
One Theo from the Lunachicks (the smoking hot blonde with the tattoos. Her band is now Theo & the Skyscrapers, Lunachicks RIP). Another is the missus. Dunno who the third is. But the three of them were not in the Lunachicks.

That's just a rumor. I want proof.

ospringfan112113
05-02-2010, 08:42 PM
The only Offspring songs I've heard on the radio lately is "Kristy are You Doing Okay?".But not too long ago I heard "Self Esteem" and "Come Out And Play" on a local radio station.