PDA

View Full Version : Presale Is Messed Up

TheBlueBlur
04-27-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know, I feel like I really got jipped or something.

I got the presale email from the band a few days ago, I'm sure most of you did, and it says that the presale for IRVINE CALIFORNIA was going to start @ 3:00 PM (Pacific time). I go on Ticketmaster this morning around 11 AM just to give it a check, it turns out the presale started this morning @ 10:00 AM.

I tried to "purchase" a PIT ticket from the website, and it pretty much says that its sold out.

I go on Ebay to research and I already find people/scalpers that are selling PIT tix for over $400 from within that same hour.

What the hell.

No one ever sent an email or anything about a time change. No one.

If this was supposed to be a presale truly to the fans, then either it would've kept it's word, and sold the tix the exact mentioned time, OR at least send out another email about a time change.

Because now I feel like I got jipped. :mad:

I don't know, what do you guys think?

ag3jag
04-27-2010, 05:12 PM
I agree. I checked just for shits and giggles around 1020 and the presale was on. Who is responsible for sending out this information? Now I'm stuck with non-pit tickets. This is terrible.

GWiszard
04-27-2010, 05:21 PM
can anyone PM me the presale code for the irvine show? that'd be awesome... thanks

zamboni_racer
04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
I would love to get the code too!!!

'spring
04-29-2010, 02:55 PM
I don't know, I feel like I really got jipped or something.

I got the presale email from the band a few days ago, I'm sure most of you did, and it says that the presale for IRVINE CALIFORNIA was going to start @ 3:00 PM (Pacific time). I go on Ticketmaster this morning around 11 AM just to give it a check, it turns out the presale started this morning @ 10:00 AM.

I tried to "purchase" a PIT ticket from the website, and it pretty much says that its sold out.

I go on Ebay to research and I already find people/scalpers that are selling PIT tix for over $400 from within that same hour.

What the hell.

No one ever sent an email or anything about a time change. No one.

If this was supposed to be a presale truly to the fans, then either it would've kept it's word, and sold the tix the exact mentioned time, OR at least send out another email about a time change.

Because now I feel like I got jipped. :mad:

I don't know, what do you guys think?

Hey, I don't think it really mattered.

I signed in at exactly 10:00 a.m. for the Irvine show. It seemed like tickets were sold semi-randomly, because in my first try for "best tickets available" I got middle loge!

Passed on that, and after a few tries, got in the first 5 rows for orchestra.

But I tried to get Pit, and never could, even though I tried at least 20 times within the first 5 minutes of tickets being available. So my guess is Pit tickets were not made available. (Although I don't know how eBay sellers got them - maybe from some other source?).

Little_Miss_1565
04-29-2010, 03:22 PM
But I tried to get Pit, and never could, even though I tried at least 20 times within the first 5 minutes of tickets being available. So my guess is Pit tickets were not made available. (Although I don't know how eBay sellers got them - maybe from some other source?).

Could be scalpers snatched them up -- the presale codes were made public.

I know the ticket locations were evenly split between Offspring and 311, so there were simply fewer available for each band's individual preorders.

'spring
04-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Could be scalpers snatched them up -- the presale codes were made public.

I know the ticket locations were evenly split between Offspring and 311, so there were simply fewer available for each band's individual preorders.

I had the presale code. The tickets didn't go on sale to anyone before 10:00. (When you went to the website, it said "tickets not on sale yet," you couldn't do anything, even with the presale code).

Then, at 10:00 a.m. you could buy, IF you had the presale code (which I did).

Whoever got all those Pit tickets, they didn't do it through the 10:00 a.m. fan presale.

christinie
04-29-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm dating myself here, but I'm actually wishing we'd go back to the days of waiting in line all nite for a record store to open & sell the tickets.. true fans would have a better shot at decent seats!!!! BTW: at the July 2009 Irvine show, I bought my tix during the Pre-Sale, but checked again at the Public sale time and got BETTER seats!

\mm/\mm/