PDA

View Full Version : Blink 182 UK/European tour

dav0147
04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Is anyone seeing them when they come over in the summer. I got tickets for them in glasgow on august 17th, just wondering if anyone else is seeing them?

Also what were their gigs like on the US tour - setlists, and of course Tom's voice lol

Alison
04-29-2010, 03:58 AM
YES!
Seeing them in Dublin in August:D

dav0147
04-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Cool! Have you seen them before, were they good?

:D

Alison
04-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Never seen them before. Wanted to go to the last one they did here (think it was even the last show before they broke up), but I had exams.
They'd better be good. I'm scared that I'll end up disappointed

nameless
04-29-2010, 05:33 PM
i thought they were only playing the reading/leeds festivals rather than an actual tour. i saw them at the end of 2004 and am sorry to say they were awful. they were just rushing all the songs and at times you couldnt tell what they were playing or trying to play. it was right before they went on hiatus with the problems they were having so it may have been a rare couple of shows!

Alison
04-30-2010, 02:42 AM
Well I know they're doing quite a few festivals around Europe. But they are playing Dublin seperately. And I heard they were playing a few places in the UK.

I hope they're better than what they were for you then. Fingers crossed!

dav0147
04-30-2010, 03:28 AM
Yeah they are playing Aberdeen, Glasgow and Dublin.

I hope they are better than you say too, really excited about seeing them. Although there is a lot od bitching on youtibe videos about how bad Tom's voice is now.

nameless
04-30-2010, 06:12 PM
it was right before they went on hiatus so there was trouble in the camp at the time but then again, that may just be the way they like to perform. the new album should be realeased soon which should be interesting to see the direction they go!

Llamas
05-09-2010, 05:32 AM
All my personal bias aside (I really despise tom delonge as a "musician"), I'd suggest not getting your hopes too high about a live show. I mean, it totally depends on what you look for in a show, though. If you love their brand of immature fart jokes, that might make their shows more enjoyable. If you're looking for goofiness and light-heartedness, that might make it more enjoyable. But if you're looking for really solid musicianship and and impressive live performance of their songs, I'd be inclined to expect disappointment. I just know a lot of people who were big fans of theirs, but when they went to see them, they went home early. But of course, Blink has a pretty huge fan base, so their shows must be good in some people's opinions :P

Anyway, if they were to play a festival in the Czech Republic, I might consider checking it out. I'd never pay full-price to see them in their own show, but they've got some catchy songs and it could be fun to hear them :)

dff_punk
05-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Anyway, if they were to play a festival in the Czech Republic, I might consider checking it out. I'd never pay full-price to see them in their own show, but they've got some catchy songs and it could be fun to hear them :)

Highly improbable they would play in Czech Republic or Slovakia(well maybe Czech republic, they have more concerts, but still), but I would go too if that accidentally happens :)

Alison
05-12-2010, 04:04 AM
Yeah, I've seen some pretty terrible videos of them live, and their jokes are often cringy, but can only hope for the best!

Cock Joke
05-12-2010, 06:27 AM
When the fuck's their fuckin' new fuckin' album fuckin' coming the fuck out?

Like, seriously, what the fuck?

nameless
05-12-2010, 04:14 PM
All my personal bias aside (I really despise tom delonge as a "musician"), I'd suggest not getting your hopes too high about a live show. I mean, it totally depends on what you look for in a show, though. If you love their brand of immature fart jokes, that might make their shows more enjoyable. If you're looking for goofiness and light-heartedness, that might make it more enjoyable. But if you're looking for really solid musicianship and and impressive live performance of their songs, I'd be inclined to expect disappointment. I just know a lot of people who were big fans of theirs, but when they went to see them, they went home early. But of course, Blink has a pretty huge fan base, so their shows must be good in some people's opinions :P

to be fair they did play a very long show when i saw them but the song quality just kept getting worse throughout the night. its a shame really, if they could perform the songs as they were on the album they would be amazing but then again given style and tempos, you can see why they have problems!

dav0147
08-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Bump!
seen them on the 17th at the SECC in Glasgow thought it was great, the jokes were funny but got a bit boring at some points. Band performed really well, crowd was well into them and travis is incredible!!

cool 2 hate 681
08-30-2010, 05:12 PM
fopr anyone who wants it here is a flv of blink at reading 2010

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3C7O4N5R

batfish
08-31-2010, 01:56 PM
I saw them live at Reading a couple of days ago and really had a good time - I couldn't not really, they're one of my favourite bands - but they didn't absolutely blow me away. There were a couple of really brilliant moments, such as Travis' drum solo upside down, and most of their jokes were actually pretty funny and it didn't even seem to matter that they're not young 20somethings anymore (and I was expecting this to matter a lot).

What did bring it down for me was that Tom was pretty obviously drunk or high or both and frequently filled in lyrics by screaming "Fuck!" which is great and lighthearted a few times but with almost every single song it gets a bit tiresome...

Mark and Travis were well on form though.

jacknife737
08-31-2010, 02:47 PM
Have they played anything new during any of the recent tours?

dav0147
08-31-2010, 02:54 PM
nope setlist mainly made up of songs from their self titled album so it would suggest thats the direction they are going in.

setlist for Glasgow 17th August 2010

1.Dumpweed
2.Feeling This
3.The Rock Show
4.What's My Age Again?
5.Violence
6.I Miss You
7.Stay Together For The Kids
8.Down
9.Always
10.Stockholm Syndrome
11.First Date
12.Man Overboard
13.Don't Leave Me
14.Not Now
15.All The Small Things
16.Reckless Abandon
17.Josie
18.Anthem Part Two
Encore:
19.Drum Solo
20.Carousel
21.Dammit

Reading Setlist Sunday 29th August 2010

1.Dumpweed
2.Feeling This
3.Rock Show
4.What's My Age Again?
5.Violence
6.I Miss You
7.Stay Together For The Kids
8.Down
9.Always
10.Stockholm Syndrome
11.First Date
12.Man Over Board
13.Don't Leave Me
14.Not Now
15.All The Small Things
16.Reckless Abandon
17.Carousel
18.Dammit

Alison
09-01-2010, 06:30 AM
Think the setlist was the same for Dublin but they played Family Reunion at the very end.

They were actually so good. I admit I was expecting them to only be okay, but it was definitely one of the best concerts i've been to!
I'm also really glad they played their own concert rather than at a festival here.
I cant wait till they return!:):)

Alison
09-02-2010, 12:47 PM
some videos from the Dublin show:

Travis drum solo (sound quality is awful)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baGcgeI-Rzk

A short clip of I Miss You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HPQeUW4yzg&feature=channel

And Stay Together For The Kids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbvDqAcGyoA&feature=channel

nameless
09-02-2010, 02:42 PM
i heard they were pretty good at reading but then again everything got over shadowed by certain axl somebody! travis solo sounded good though even though i didnt see it!

Retard
09-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Both times I saw them last summer I was thorougly impressed. Thank god they played different sets both times, granted I doubt my friends and I woulda cared if they had played the same set both times. It was pretty even between the last two with a couple thrown in from the first two. I can't wait til the album.

_Lost_
09-02-2010, 07:56 PM
They came here late last summer and it was the worst concert I've ever been to. Hopefully ya'll are getting better than the US did last year.

Retard
09-02-2010, 09:04 PM
damn that sucks.... I saw them twice in the US in MASS and CT both were great shows.

jacknife737
09-03-2010, 03:56 AM
I saw blink during their s/t tour and had a great time, that said I had a pretty good idea of what tom expect going into it.

dav0147
09-06-2010, 04:54 AM
Here's some of their performance at Reading

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3fTx5xUxQc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yj68Ngar9U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byqI7AAX1fk&feature=related

Llamas
09-06-2010, 05:00 AM
Travis is definitely a good drummer, ESPECIALLY for playing in a pop punk band. Really rare to see a punk drummer who can play like that.

Tom sounds like utter shit, but I'm not surprised about that. I was just hoping he'd get better after a year or two.

This video reminds me of how much more fun their older music is. They were just so much better at writing fun silly punkish tunes. But I DO love Mark's deep manly voice in "I Miss You" :P

Retard
09-06-2010, 10:14 AM
My favorite record is probably Cheshire Cat, or Enema. But their best album is definitley the untitled. I still really haven't heard many albums that sound like it. It mustve been good enough that Robert Smith agreed to be on it. The sounds the recording process, everything was just strange and out there and it all actually sounded really cohesive. I love that album.

nameless
09-06-2010, 03:47 PM
there were some good parts on the self titled album but i just could get into it. i much prefered the two previous albums but everything seemed to change after the pop disaster tour in 2002!

dff_punk
09-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Their last album is their most uninteresting. Yeah, progress is good for a band, but I hear some good songs, some filler stuff and some really weird AvA-predicting stuff on that album.

jacknife737
09-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Their self titled took a while to click for me, but of all their albums, if i decide to listen to blink these days, that will be the one that i put on.

Retard
09-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I gotta find an edited version of it so i can play it at work... goddammit. but i think I'm gonna listen to the untitled tonight.... I remember the day I bought it my friends and I had left school after it got out. Walked down to newbury comics(my present job) as we were about to walk in a few kids that we kinda knew from school said oh hey man the new blink album is sold out! we all got freaked out ran in and there were still loads of them... we all grabbed a copy and i forget I think Let It Be Naked came out that day to cuz I had a pile of stuff. I had to wait all friggen night to listen to it because I had to go to my grandparents after school. But once I got home I put it on, and I was floored by it. At first I was like wait is this the right disc? Yes blink 182 was on the cover... oh wait theres mark and tom... aaahhh i loved it and still do actually.