PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry/Heritage of the band members

Alex101
05-19-2010, 09:06 AM
I know Wikipedia isn't a reliable source at all, but the pages of 3 of the band members mention what language they are. Dexter's page says he's Mexican and Irish, Noodles German and Greg also German. Scroll down on all the pages until you see Categories. I'm just curious if this information is true.

Harleyquiiinn
05-19-2010, 09:39 AM
I know Wikipedia isn't a reliable source at all, but the pages of 3 of the band members mention what language they are. Dexter's page says he's Mexican and Irish, Noodles German and Greg also German. Scroll down on all the pages until you see Categories. I'm just curious if this information is true.

Dexter is from Holland, that's written in his name.

Noodles is from China.

And I always thought K was for Korea. But it could also be for Kazakhstan so I have my doubts.... it could also mean Kurdish which would explain why they don't play in Turkey...

Greekoldfan
05-19-2010, 11:56 AM
noodles said in an interview in the german music channel viva during their 2001 tour in germany that his father is half german half mexican. thats why he knows a lot of german words

Rooster
05-19-2010, 12:31 PM
noodles said in an interview in the german music channel viva during their 2001 tour in germany that his father is half german half mexican. thats why he knows a lot of german words

Gunter glieben glauchen globen?

dff_punk
05-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I heard Noodles is half-jewish.

Rooster
05-19-2010, 12:44 PM
I heard Pete Parada is actually black.

Offspring-Junkie
05-19-2010, 01:43 PM
I heard I'm deaf.

Tijs
05-19-2010, 01:50 PM
I heard Greg's even whiter.

ThunderPX
05-19-2010, 02:50 PM
I heard I'm Dutch.

Rooster
05-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I heard they tossed out guitar picks to the crowd, with offspring-ish artwork on it.

Let's face it, someone was gonna do it sooner or later...

Greekoldfan
05-19-2010, 03:29 PM

i'm only giving you real info. i guess i'm one of the oldest fans here and I never give you shitty information.this video was in offspringbootlegs too.

ad8
05-19-2010, 03:31 PM
I heard I laughed about that "tijsholland" tag

Rooster
05-19-2010, 03:44 PM
I heard I laughed about that "tijsholland" tag

I heard you forgot to put space between "tijs" and "holland"

mrXniick
05-19-2010, 10:55 PM

-__- you can't be half of a religion.

dff_punk
05-20-2010, 08:19 AM
I didn't mean religion, I meant nationality.

yarock
05-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Jew:Nation
Judaism:Religion

Just for information.

Speaking of ancestry;Holland is kinda Irish name;also the name Keith derived from some Scottish word 'cet';meaning wood.You can find some Scottish families use the word as their surnames.It wasn't used as a first name before 19th century.

Wasserman;obviously Germanic,also Jewish.Probably 'Wassermann' was the original name.

Kriesel sounds kinda nordic too,probably Germanic again.'Kreisel' is some winter-sports term in German means 'gyro'.

Welty;I don't know.Maybe something with Welsh-Wales or 'Waldo',a German word means nowadays 'jungle' and in the old times 'rule'.

Parada;hispanic.

zsk
05-20-2010, 02:13 PM

so his grandfather/grandmother could have been a german-jewish emigrant(you know- > the holocaust thing in the 40's ...)
that would be very plausible

Wassermann is absolutely a german name
(BTW: In english it would be "Waterman", strange , but funny :D )

zsk
05-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Kriesel sounds kinda nordic too,probably Germanic again.'Kreisel' is some winter-sports term in German means 'gyro'.

it should be german again, yes
there are about 342 people in germany named Kriesel
(source: http://www.verwandt.de/karten/absolut/kriesel.html )

BTW: if you ask yourself, WTF? why do they all have german ancestors: The german the most ancestry of americans is German , it's about 15% )

offsrx
05-20-2010, 03:11 PM
I heard I'm deaf.

hahaha, this one's good :)

Gustavo
05-20-2010, 06:25 PM
I've been told I'm dumb.

mrXniick
05-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Jew:Nation
Judaism:Religion

Just for information.

Speaking of ancestry;Holland is kinda Irish name;also the name Keith derived from some Scottish word 'cet';meaning wood.You can find some Scottish families use the word as their surnames.It wasn't used as a first name before 19th century.

Wasserman;obviously Germanic,also Jewish.Probably 'Wassermann' was the original name.

Welty;I don't know.Maybe something with Welsh-Wales or 'Waldo',a German word means nowadays 'jungle' and in the old times 'rule'.

Parada;hispanic.

Jew is not a nation, nor a nationality... do you think that jews come from a place called Jewland or something?

yarock
05-21-2010, 03:10 AM
Jew is not a nation, nor a nationality... do you think that jews come from a place called Jewland or something?

Yeah,I think just like that.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
05-21-2010, 06:26 AM
do you think that jews come from a place called Jewland or something?

Jerusalem
(jewrusalem) sounds alike

from Israel

Tompo2000
05-22-2010, 07:49 AM
i'm only giving you real info. i guess i'm one of the oldest fans here and I never give you shitty information.this video was in offspringbootlegs too.

yeah that's true, here's the video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12hMAlOZuM
a little translation, noodles says "du bist so rot wie ein krebs" which means "you are red like a crab" and "willst du meine geliebte sein" which means "do you want to be my girlfriend"

SåS
05-23-2010, 07:25 AM
i heard noodles was jew-ish, not jewish, jew-ish.

ivandax_89
05-23-2010, 10:47 PM
I heard Pete Parada is actually black.

what the... haha

Greekoldfan
05-24-2010, 10:29 AM
yeah that's true, here's the video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12hMAlOZuM
a little translation, noodles says "du bist so rot wie ein krebs" which means "you are red like a crab" and "willst du meine geliebte sein" which means "do you want to be my girlfriend"

here is one more...the one I was talking about.really funny by the way...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxn-po9YJ1w&feature=related