PDA

View Full Version : Bootleg stolen, alternate lyrics

Grump
05-20-2010, 01:26 PM
I had an official copy of "The Offspring - Smash it up" bootleg which was recorded in Brussels Luna 32/4/95. My car was stolen yesterday, and this was in my car. Does anyone know where to buy this?

Also, when Americana FIRST came out, there was a pre-release MP3 album released on the internet. The kid's aren't alright had a slight lyric change. In that album, it said "Instead she got fat and had a couple of kids" as opposed to "instead she dropped out..." Does anyone know what official album has the got fat lyrics instead of the widely known lyrics?

Harleyquiiinn
05-20-2010, 02:02 PM
I didn't know there was such a thing as "official bootleg"... :confused::rolleyes:

holland25
05-20-2010, 02:07 PM
I had an official copy of "The Offspring - Smash it up" bootleg which was recorded in Brussels Luna 32/4/95. My car was stolen yesterday, and this was in my car. Does anyone know where to buy this?

Also, when Americana FIRST came out, there was a pre-release MP3 album released on the internet. The kid's aren't alright had a slight lyric change. In that album, it said "Instead she got fat and had a couple of kids" as opposed to "instead she dropped out..." Does anyone know what official album has the got fat lyrics instead of the widely known lyrics?

None. Only the Americana promo for radio stations.

I didn't know there was such a thing as "official bootleg"... :confused::rolleyes:

*cough* *cough*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Theater_discography#Official_bootlegs

Grump
05-20-2010, 07:24 PM
The bootleg was released by "Hoddle Records" which I can't find on google. A search of the album name and brussels luma show a few others have this bootleg too. The CD itself wasn't a burnt CD. I figure it would be illegal for hoddle records to release copyrighted offspring works without permission from the band.

As for the alternate version of the kids aren't alright... I suppose its ultimately evil to ask for an MP3 (PM me!) even tho I own every offspring album, not that I'm asking or anything. :)

Little_Miss_1565
05-20-2010, 08:20 PM
The bootleg was released by "Hoddle Records" which I can't find on google. A search of the album name and brussels luma show a few others have this bootleg too. The CD itself wasn't a burnt CD. I figure it would be illegal for hoddle records to release copyrighted offspring works without permission from the band.

Protip: Just because it was manufactured in a proper plant doesn't mean it's not illegal.

cool 2 hate 681
05-21-2010, 06:10 PM
As for the alternate version of the kids aren't alright... I suppose its ultimately evil to ask for an MP3 (PM me!) even tho I own every offspring album, not that I'm asking or anything. :)

PM sent:)

Berzerker92
05-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I wouldn't mind a pm ;)

SåS
05-23-2010, 06:22 AM
could i have the mp3 please?

holland25
05-23-2010, 07:23 AM
http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/9131273/file.html

SåS
05-24-2010, 12:17 AM