PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot bassist dead at 38

Alex101
05-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Slipknot bassist Paul Gray died today at the age of 38. So sad, R.I.P. and God bless him.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140601

holland25
05-24-2010, 03:31 PM
What the fucking fuck!?

cool 2 hate 681
05-24-2010, 05:25 PM
very sad news R.I.P.

PAC90
05-24-2010, 06:12 PM
dammit slipknot is one of my favourite bands i will miss him.

R.I.P. Paul Gray

Alex101
05-24-2010, 07:16 PM
very sad news R.I.P.
Absolutely sad.

Krojd
05-25-2010, 03:21 AM
Well, they said that they cant play-continue without any member of the band, so lets see. I think this is the end of Slipknot. R.I.P

SåS
05-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Fuck, this is so wrong.

all the great musicans are passing, whats even more sad is that he was only 38.

God is getting rid of all the bands that could take over the world.

Whos next? deaths usally come in threes.

Fuck :(

holland25
05-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Peter Steele was the first one. So that makes it three.

Llamas
05-25-2010, 09:22 AM
I dig some of Slipknot's music, but absolutely no member of that band is worthy of being called a "great musician". It makes me feel dirty to even read it.

Also: joke about "which bassist?" since Slipknot has like 80 members because they can't actually play their instruments well enough to do it one guy per instrument. Hacks.

All signs point to drugs. I fail to feel bad/have pity.

Static_Martyr
05-25-2010, 04:13 PM
^You said what I was thinking but dared not say, llamas....

Alex101
06-21-2010, 04:00 PM
According to DesMoinesRegister.com, Paul died of an accidental overdose of morphine and fentanyl, a medical examiner has ruled.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141904

Omni
07-13-2010, 09:47 PM
I dig some of Slipknot's music, but absolutely no member of that band is worthy of being called a "great musician". It makes me feel dirty to even read it.

I don't listen to much Slipknot myself, but isn't their drummer really highly acclaimed?

Also, this is definitely not the end of Slipknot. I don't know about that "can't go on" bullshit. The band seriously had nine members at one point, three of which served no real purpose. I'm looking at their Wikipedia page right now and I see five former members. No way they're going to break up over the death of their bassist. It usually takes the death/leaving of the vocalist, and half the time not even that stops the band.

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2010, 12:53 AM
Llamas, really? Dude dies and you just have to spew venom? Slipknot was not a favorite of mine by any means but they are friends of friends, and they don't deserve what you had to say. Paul OD'd. It's a demon he's been fighting for a long time. That's great you don't have any sympathy, but it'd be greater if you kept that to yourself.

Offspring-Junkie
07-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Llamas, really? Dude dies and you just have to spew venom? Slipknot was not a favorite of mine by any means but they are friends of friends, and they don't deserve what you had to say. Paul OD'd. It's a demon he's been fighting for a long time. That's great you don't have any sympathy, but it'd be greater if you kept that to yourself.
You girls have seriously no more problems that bitchin' at each other? I mean, sure, it's bad, and taking drugs doesn't make a person less worth. And saying that his death doesn't affect her (Llamas) is a bit less sensitive. But have you heard this one: Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. So listen to this one instead: :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqOOBKGvUF0

Stza
07-14-2010, 10:19 PM

Also: joke about "which bassist?" since Slipknot has like 80 members because they can't actually play their instruments well enough to do it one guy per instrument. Hacks.

All signs point to drugs. I fail to feel bad/have pity.

I second the previously stated.

holland25
07-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Also, this is definitely not the end of Slipknot. I don't know about that "can't go on" bullshit. The band seriously had nine members at one point, three of which served no real purpose. I'm looking at their Wikipedia page right now and I see five former members. No way they're going to break up over the death of their bassist. It usually takes the death/leaving of the vocalist, and half the time not even that stops the band.

Just for your information, those 5 ex-members are all from the first era of Slipknot, their indie times when they played totally different style of music and released an underground album Mate Feed Kill Repeat. Their line-up has been stable since 1998.