PDA

View Full Version : Question about "D.U.I."

tylercosgrove1989
06-10-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm a huge fan of The Offspring and obviously it's hard to not love all of their songs, but I was wondering what the story of D.U.I. is because It's one of my favorite songs from them, and it's not even on any of their 8 official albums. It's not a cover is it? And why didn't it make it? It's an AMAZING song.

_Lost_
06-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Noodles wrote it. I believe they recorded it for the fun of it.

yarock
06-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Noodles was whining all the time and has been very jealous because Dexter got all the credits and reputation.So Dexter gave him a chance.

It's the only song in the universe that totally belongs to Noodles.

tylercosgrove1989
06-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Noodles was whining all the time and has been very jealous because Dexter got all the credits and reputation.So Dexter gave him a chance.

Wow. Thanks for letting me know. Am I the only one who feels like it's an amazing song?

yarock
06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Wow. Thanks for letting me know. Am I the only one who feels like it's an amazing song?

And D.U.I. was way ahead of Dexter's all writings,work,etc. and became one of the best ever Offspring songs,now this time Dex got jealous and never let Noodles to write another song.

Word is Noodles composed many songs secretly after that,and he's planning to release them after Dexter passes away.

tayluhhx3
06-10-2010, 10:27 PM

I think it's amazinggg. (:
But i think the whole "Noodles was whining and he was jealous.. blah blah blah." sounds super far fetched..

tylercosgrove1989
06-10-2010, 10:40 PM
And D.U.I. was way ahead of Dexter's all writings,work,etc. and became one of the best ever Offspring songs,now this time Dex got jealous and never let Noodles to write another song.

Word is Noodles composed many songs secretly after that,and he's planning to release them after Dexter passes away.

That sounds.....not true haha. Whos going to sing them? Whoever did sing them would suck compared to dexter. I mean I love D.U.I for the writing, the sounds, and all that...But Dexter's voice is an important part...a really important part.

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2010, 06:51 AM

Wow. Did Dexter shit in your Cheerios? Or kill your dog? :(

But seriously, come on. This is clearly not the place to fill in historical blanks with conjecture.

Tylercosgrove, it was on the soundtrack to "I Know What You Did Last Summer."

yarock
06-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Wow. Did Dexter shit in your Cheerios? Or kill your dog? :(

But seriously, come on. This is clearly not the place to fill in historical blanks with conjecture.

Tylercosgrove, it was on the soundtrack to "I Know What You Did Last Summer."

Cheerios?I'm sorry,I'm quite stranger.

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Forgive me if I feel this is dubious. You have insight to the personal feelings and such of the band members but are unfamiliar with a popular breakfast cereal?

yarock
06-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Forgive me if I feel this is dubious. You have insight to the personal feelings and such of the band members but are unfamiliar with a popular breakfast cereal?

Well,kinda yeah.

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Well,kinda yeah.

Just stop it.

yarock
06-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Just stop it.

Stop what?You ask me questions honey and I answer them.I'm sure you know how it's gonna stop.

Oxygene
06-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Why does everyone think Noodles wrote DUI?

Little_Miss_1565
06-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Stop what?You ask me questions honey and I answer them.I'm sure you know how it's gonna stop.

What I meant was stop with the slander towards the band.

Oxy, pretty sure there were interviews, and I thought I remembered reading something in the credits of the soundtrack listing Noodles but this was 12 or 13 years ago so I can't be sure.

Oxygene
06-11-2010, 02:22 PM
What I meant was stop with the slander towards the band.

Oxy, pretty sure there were interviews, and I thought I remembered reading something in the credits of the soundtrack listing Noodles but this was 12 or 13 years ago so I can't be sure.

I remember distinctly Dexter telling me that he wrote most of it, didn't really like where it was going and he gave it to noodles to finish up hence the 3 solos :)

or something along the lines of that.. I don't think he wrote all of it. I'll ask next time

jacknife737
06-11-2010, 02:33 PM
For some reason I was under the impression that Noodles only wrote the lyrics, but I have no idea how that came into my head.

_Lost_
06-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I remember distinctly Dexter telling me that he wrote most of it, didn't really like where it was going and he gave it to noodles to finish up hence the 3 solos :)

or something along the lines of that.. I don't think he wrote all of it. I'll ask next time

For some reason I was under the impression that Noodles only wrote the lyrics, but I have no idea how that came into my head.
I've heard both of these.

Maybe its like, Dexter started writing out some music, didn't like it, gave it to Noodles, then Noodles filled it in with some solos and some bad ass lyrics.

dff_punk
06-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Maybe its like, Dexter started writing out some music, didn't like it, gave it to Noodles, then Noodles filled it in with some solos and some bad ass lyrics.

This, to me the song sounds so typical Offspring-y that no other than Dexter could have written the music. Noodles just upgraded it.

Jojan
06-12-2010, 09:30 AM
Noodles, then, had the samllest penis. Greg has always had the greatest one, and Dexter's grew more and more as he wrote songs. So when Noodles wrote DUI, Ron's became the smallest and that is why he left the band.

DMelges
06-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Noodles, then, had the samllest penis. Greg has always had the greatest one, and Dexter's grew more and more as he wrote songs. So when Noodles wrote DUI, Ron's became the smallest and that is why he left the band.

That actually makes sense.