PDA

View Full Version : Would it be too much to ask for to have ONE song on the new album that sounds like

one hundred punks
06-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Something from the Pre-Americana era? I love all the albums, RAFRAG is in my top three but is it too much to ask for one old-school song like Kick Him When He's Down or Session or Jennifer Lost The War? Look, The Offspring is pretty much done as far as smash albums go in the US. It's not gonna hurt them at this point to put some old-school stuff on a new album.If they couldn't have a huge hit with either Kristy or Fix You then that ship has probably sailed. I know they are in their 40's and multi-millionaires but how about just one old-school song? Go ahead, flame away, I'm not a "true fan" or whatever, I just (legally) own all their music and have seen them over a dozen times since 1995.But what do I know?

Dexter_italy
06-11-2010, 02:47 AM
Something from the Pre-Americana era? I love all the albums, RAFRAG is in my top three but is it too much to ask for one old-school song like Kick Him When He's Down or Session or Jennifer Lost The War? Look, The Offspring is pretty much done as far as smash albums go in the US. It's not gonna hurt them at this point to put some old-school stuff on a new album.If they couldn't have a huge hit with either Kristy or Fix You then that ship has probably sailed. I know they are in their 40's and multi-millionaires but how about just one old-school song? Go ahead, flame away, I'm not a "true fan" or whatever, I just (legally) own all their music and have seen them over a dozen times since 1995.But what do I know?

You like the Pre-Americana era (as we all do)? listen to those albums then... I sincerely prefer the making the songs they feel to do than to make a song just to please us and that is not really a product of theyr will.... Boybands do make music just to please fan and let them hear again and again the same kind of songs.
If they'll make a song with an older vibe we'll be really happy, but otherwise there will be other songs to be happy for. I'm not bashing you.. I have just a different opinion :)

randman21
06-11-2010, 03:40 AM
Geez, at least wait for someone to attack you before you get so defensive. :p

Normally, I think everyone would say it's too much to ask if it's something they don't want to do. But Noodles has said something like it's going to be a continuation of Rafrag via Smash...or something like that. Whatever he meant by that, it sounds super exciting.

holland25
06-11-2010, 03:44 AM
Uhh, doesn't Trust in You sound like pre-Americana era songs?

Free?
06-11-2010, 04:13 AM
I remember the time when we were introduced to Hammerhead and how awesome it was with its Ignition meets Americana chemistry. I wouldn't mind such thing again.
But I'm guessing this is like 39556234th reincarnation of some very old thread.

dr.vanessa
06-11-2010, 05:19 AM

i second that..:cool:

Oxygene
06-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I like the pre-americana era too.. that's why I listen to the old albums sometimes :)

jacknife737
06-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Geez, at least wait for someone to attack you before you get so defensive. :p

Normally, I think everyone would say it's too much to ask if it's something they don't want to do. But Noodles has said something like it's going to be a continuation of Rafrag via Smash...or something like that. Whatever he meant by that, it sounds super exciting.

Really? That sounds pretty rad.

Yeah: not to mention Hammerhead.

Apathy
06-11-2010, 01:01 PM
I haven't heard Trust In You but I don't think Hammerhead sounds Pre-Americana at all.

offsrx
06-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Fuck you all! Americana RUllezs! And after Americana..
Ixnay is the one where the sound has been changed, not Americana!

Free?
06-11-2010, 04:18 PM
I haven't heard Trust In You but I don't think Hammerhead sounds Pre-Americana at all.

It doesn't sound Pre-Americana, but the riffs are very Ignition-like, then there's slowdown and the Have You Ever thing. While mastering and all the techincal mumbo-jumbo makes it sound different.

Same thing about Trust In You, but it's even further from Pre-Americana sound with all the synths on top.

Fuck you all! Americana RUllezs! And after Americana..
Ixnay is the one where the sound has been changed, not Americana!

Now who exactly said anything bad about Americana or Pre-/Post-Americana? And the sound was changing with every album.

offsrx
06-12-2010, 04:19 AM
Now who exactly said anything bad about Americana or Pre-/Post-Americana? And the sound was changing with every album.

I don't know.. Everybody sounded like they dislike "Americana era", and are more into "pre americana" era, so I thought they were attacking it, or something.. :S

Jojan
06-12-2010, 06:51 AM
http://www.ianfernando.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/funny-pictures-racoon-yes.jpg

(yes, it is too much to ask for)

Thomas
06-12-2010, 09:50 AM

This ^

SuperKnux
06-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I think we've reached a point where the band can write a song that is very reminecent of their older material, yet it we would never really please many of us only for the sheer fact that it is "new" and on "the new album."

As stressed by a few of the members, tracks like Trust In You, The Noose, Long Way Home, and in a way Hammerhead all have an "old-school" element. We just don't recognize that because they're more recent.

SMASHedTHEignition
06-14-2010, 02:48 AM
somethn that sounds like th cure, like with a mad high pitched indie melody guitar line, tha wuld be great (:

Outerspaceman21
06-14-2010, 04:20 PM
I believe Dexter said this once, but I can't remember where. He said theres no point in going back and trying to recreate something thats already been done. He said he would rather make something new, not make the same old album over and over again. So thats why I think they try to refrain from trying to go back to their older sound, because they want to keep trying new stuff.

Ryder1234
06-15-2010, 02:32 AM
Indeed ^ .