PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring News Edition 19/06/2010

TheGodfather
06-19-2010, 03:06 PM
http://x1075lasvegas.radio.com/2010/06/18/listen-to-dustins-interview-with-noodles/#more-6794

NEW NOODLES RADIO INTERVIEW!

Providing news since 2004! Because I (RonWelty, ThePhantom, ElComandante...) deserve to be banned!

Gustavo
06-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Seriously, I still can't believe RonWelty has been banned. :(
He's our best source for news.

Anyway, the radio presenter said he heard something about a new album, which I wonder if he's talking about my question, btw.... and asskedNoodles if they were gonna release a live album... But, anyway, he said no, Noodles, come on, man! But, I think the radio presenter meant to asked if they were going to release a live album in the immediate future, so, probably no. Still got my hopes, though!

cool 2 hate 681
06-19-2010, 03:42 PM
thanks for the interview:)

too bad noodles said it's looking less and less likely the album will be released in 2010:(

DMelges
06-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Kind of a bad news interview... seems like they're still really in the beginning of the recording for the new album... probably won't get released this year.... no album title in mind yet.... no live album so soon.... and still no live recordings of the new song.

Thanks for the interview though.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
06-19-2010, 03:49 PM
they use fucking chord progressions. how does it take them so long if the only thing they've been using lately is chord progressions

cool 2 hate 681
06-19-2010, 04:00 PM
for anyone who wants the mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ydynmmzwmz

Dexter_italy
06-19-2010, 05:33 PM
they use fucking chord progressions. how does it take them so long if the only thing they've been using lately is chord progressions

If you think you're better why..... no you're not better... stop moaning.... It took a year after we heard hammerhead for the first time... now thei're playing a new song on tour... if 2+2 is still 4 we'll have to wait a year more or less.....

06-19-2010, 07:01 PM
If you think you're better why..... no you're not better... stop moaning.... It took a year after we heard hammerhead for the first time... now thei're playing a new song on tour... if 2+2 is still 4 we'll have to wait a year more or less.....

i never said i was better. i mean, for fuck sakes they used chord progressions to make songs. if they half ass it, it will sound good to our ears. if they take their time then it will sound good to our ears too. their obsession with chord progressions... especially ii-IV....

DMelges
06-19-2010, 07:21 PM

The longer they work on the album, the better it'll be :)

Take RFRG as an example :D

And fuck anyone who disagrees :cool:

Budzy
06-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks bud!

And what the fuck? He was banned?

jacknife737
06-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Lets keep the discussion in this section related to the band, rather than inter-board politics.

randman21
06-20-2010, 08:50 AM
i never said i was better. i mean, for fuck sakes they used chord progressions to make songs. if they half ass it, it will sound good to our ears. if they take their time then it will sound good to our ears too. their obsession with chord progressions... especially ii-IV....

But you do realize that the vast, vast majority of bands use chord progressions, yes? I mean, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you would have to go out of your way to not use them. At first I thought you meant power chords, but it doesn't seem like it.

06-20-2010, 01:04 PM
But you do realize that the vast, vast majority of bands use chord progressions, yes? I mean, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you would have to go out of your way to not use them. At first I thought you meant power chords, but it doesn't seem like it.

I was referring to the one they love to use

countless of their songs have it.

To name a few:
All I Want
Half-truism
Trust In You
Have You Ever
Damn it, I Changed Again

I'm sure they have more witht the same progression. And they have Can't Repeat with one progression repeating throughout the whole song(They just variate the style of playing the progression on Can't Repeat)

I never said it was wrong to use chord progressions, as long as you don't over do them.

That's why I was pissed when they said it was gonna take them longer. If they were gonna put shitloads of progressions on the new album then it shouldn't take them long. If they are going to try and lay off the progression a lil bit, then it's okay for them to take a long time

Jeez, it's ridiculous.

Also, does anybody else think the verses sound kinda like
"Denial, Revisited?"

Dexter_italy
06-20-2010, 03:52 PM
I was referring to the one they love to use

countless of their songs have it.

To name a few:
All I Want
Half-truism
Trust In You
Have You Ever
Damn it, I Changed Again

I'm sure they have more witht the same progression. And they have Can't Repeat with one progression repeating throughout the whole song(They just variate the style of playing the progression on Can't Repeat)

I never said it was wrong to use chord progressions, as long as you don't over do them.

That's why I was pissed when they said it was gonna take them longer. If they were gonna put shitloads of progressions on the new album then it shouldn't take them long. If they are going to try and lay off the progression a lil bit, then it's okay for them to take a long time

Jeez, it's ridiculous.

Also, does anybody else think the verses sound kinda like
"Denial, Revisited?"

your post is....

An album takes time to be made, even if you play the same chord again and again, over and over... it will always take time! and now they are touring too, so nobody's gonna record anything in this period. And.... is any of the songs you said bad? I really don't think so... so welcome chord progression if it's a cool song, they know how to sound cool. We were waiting for something new... we have it now...enjoy and take it easy

DMelges
06-20-2010, 04:28 PM

Dude, let's have you wright an awesome music album at The Offspring's level using mostly powerchords. And let's see you do it quickely, with no delays.

It takes a while man. Don't worry, the wait will be worth it. It always is.

dexrocks07
06-20-2010, 05:08 PM
http://x1075lasvegas.radio.com/2010/06/18/listen-to-dustins-interview-with-noodles/#more-6794

NEW NOODLES RADIO INTERVIEW!

Providing news since 2004! Because I (RonWelty, ThePhantom, ElComandante...) deserve to be banned!

I'd like to point out that The Offspring were in Vegas twice last year.
Dustin is an idiot.
I hate him.