PDA

View Full Version : Name Some Bands That We Should Give A Listen Too

Moose
10-26-2004, 09:48 PM
no one new, special, or rare, but soundgarden is amazing, and eve6 are also pretty good. and the strokes, those are all different kinds of bands you could try out. im sure you all could think of more lesser known bands or just ones that dont get noticed as much.
________
teen vid (http://teenvid.org)

Jake
10-26-2004, 09:56 PM
you could lisen to:
limp bizkit
eminem
blood hound gang
tom green
or even this band:
OFFSPRING!

Jebus
10-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Dream Theather
Cacophany

sKratch
10-26-2004, 10:06 PM
Dream Theather

Yes.

Also,
Pain of Salvation
Incubus
CAKE

FooSnake
10-26-2004, 10:23 PM
Blink 182, Foo Fighters, Papa Roach...

sKratch
10-26-2004, 10:29 PM
wtf did the bbs breaking act as a time machine...

Endymion
10-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Actions Aside, Actions Fall Short, Affront, AFI, All Bets Off, American Nightmare, Annabel Lee Murders, As I, Beneath My Dreams, Beyond Your Eyes, Black Marker, Black Roses, Bleed13, Cremasters of Disaster, Darker My Love, DeathXDeath, December Suicide, Demented are Go, Die With Tonight, Dispute, Dreams of Nightmares, Envain, Epilogue, Explosion, F-Minus, Frisk, Fury 66, Gallows, Give Up The Ghost, Germs, Harms, Hearts, Himsa, Hunter Revenge, Iscariot, Jealous Again, Jet Black Halo, Keep Screaming, Kill The Lights, Kill Your Idols, Klingonz, Knife to the Gunfight, Lab Rats, Last Chapter, Lights Out!, Lobstrosities, Litmus Green, Loose Change, Love=Death, Mad Sin, Minor Threat, Minus You, Model American, Mourning Dawn, Nekromantix, Nerve Agents, Never Again, Only In Dreams, Order of the Fly, Original Sinners, Phantom Pains, Pitch Black, Redemption 87, Revolution Summer, Rites Of Spring, Scattered Fall, Scissorhands, Scurvy, Send More Paramedics, Shadowboxer, Sharp Knife, Silenced, Silent Film Stars, Some Girls, Sound the Alarms, Spotlight Syndicate, Spring of Rage, Stray Cats, The Will of Another in Dreams, These Days, This is My Fist, Thought Riot, Three Bad Jacks, Tiger Army, Tronn, Tsunami Bomb, Waters Turned Black, Wooden Horse, Wretched

SicN Twisted
10-26-2004, 11:45 PM
you could lisen to:
limp bizkit
eminem
blood hound gang
tom green
or even this band:
OFFSPRING!

Damn you're an idiot.

I'd recommend Guided by Voices, Pavement, Broken Social Scene, Modest Mouse, and the Genuine Imitations.

NoHopeNoFuture
10-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Aviril
Simple Plan
Good Charlete
New found Glory
Ashley Simpson
Blink 182

they are so punk rock

MindlessSelfIndulgent
10-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Electric Eel Shock. They deserve some credit.

Pyro
10-27-2004, 02:14 AM
Alkaline Trio
Static-X
Jimmy Eat World
Less Than Jake

wheelchairman
10-27-2004, 06:20 AM
hmm well if you can find it, I'd recommend Neiro Dyubel,

also The Pogues and The Dubliners are always good.

Sort Sol is worth a listen. Johnny Deluxe if you want to hear a good Danish band that sings in Danish.

Paul Robeson, recently got one of his albums, great stuff.
30 Seconds to Mars is nice. The Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan will always be up there for me.

Edith Piaf is good too.

Utah Phillips is a nice listen. And definitely Billy Bragg.

Tijs
10-27-2004, 06:22 AM
Actions Aside, Actions Fall Short, Affront, AFI, All Bets Off, American Nightmare, Annabel Lee Murders, As I, Beneath My Dreams, Beyond Your Eyes, Black Marker, Black Roses, Bleed13, Cremasters of Disaster, Darker My Love, DeathXDeath, December Suicide, Demented are Go, Die With Tonight, Dispute, Dreams of Nightmares, Envain, Epilogue, Explosion, F-Minus, Frisk, Fury 66, Gallows, Give Up The Ghost, Germs, Harms, Hearts, Himsa, Hunter Revenge, Iscariot, Jealous Again, Jet Black Halo, Keep Screaming, Kill The Lights, Kill Your Idols, Klingonz, Knife to the Gunfight, Lab Rats, Last Chapter, Lights Out!, Lobstrosities, Litmus Green, Loose Change, Love=Death, Mad Sin, Minor Threat, Minus You, Model American, Mourning Dawn, Nekromantix, Nerve Agents, Never Again, Only In Dreams, Order of the Fly, Original Sinners, Phantom Pains, Pitch Black, Redemption 87, Revolution Summer, Rites Of Spring, Scattered Fall, Scissorhands, Scurvy, Send More Paramedics, Shadowboxer, Sharp Knife, Silenced, Silent Film Stars, Some Girls, Sound the Alarms, Spotlight Syndicate, Spring of Rage, Stray Cats, The Will of Another in Dreams, These Days, This is My Fist, Thought Riot, Three Bad Jacks, Tiger Army, Tronn, Tsunami Bomb, Waters Turned Black, Wooden Horse, Wretched

Yeah, I'll check those out...

Tiger Army (Power Of Moonlite is the best album)

selfrighteoussuicide
10-27-2004, 06:25 AM
soil, qotsa, cky and system of a down

Obie2trice
10-27-2004, 06:32 AM
Lit - st
Heideroosjes ( well.. yeah give it a try ) - Schizo, Kung-fu, Fifi
Flogging Molly - new album, dont remeber the name
Rammstein - Reise Reise

[popple]
10-27-2004, 07:32 AM
Prince,
Joss Stone,
Incubus,
Placebo,
Frank Zappa,
Har Mar Superstar,
The Music,
N*E*R*D,
Nobuo Uematsu,
Pink Floyd,
Prodigy,
Rage Against the Machine,
Steve Vai,

rocker dude!!!
10-27-2004, 09:46 AM
atreyu
avenged sevenfold
otep
cky
him
fear factory
eighteen visions
killswitch engage
alot of the bands r metal so if u like metal etc check em out

Fozzy
10-27-2004, 09:55 AM
']Prince,

Frank Zappa,
Pink Floyd,
Prodigy,
Rage Against the Machine,
Steve Vai,

Excellent :cool:
Also Annihilator and The Haunted :D

[popple]
10-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Excellent :cool:
Also Annihilator and The Haunted :D

Lol, The Haunted is like 'Ultimate Riffage' isn't it hehe.

dirty_magic
10-27-2004, 11:10 AM
you could lisen to:
limp bizkit
eminem
blood hound gang
tom green
or even this band:
OFFSPRING!

try some good music..

Yellowcard
The (International) Noise Conspiracy
Only Crime
Descendents...

these are all very good and worth listening to

SuperKnux
10-27-2004, 11:53 AM
Suzanne Vega
Bright Eyes
Finger Eleven
theSTART

Andy
10-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Death On Wednesday
McLusky
Tiger Army
Teen Idols

Woodles42
10-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Give the Eyeliners a listen. Finding their CDs is hard, but they're so good.

Endymion
10-27-2004, 12:00 PM
eyeliners cds are all over.

ps: sealed with a kiss is the best.

little_miss_kyuss
10-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Lynchpin are my local band and they are really great, well worth a listen! They play sort of rock/rap-metal music with influences from RATM and Lostprophets, to name a few. You can give them a listen by following the links at their website, www.lynchpinmusic.com

plakkert
10-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Rise Against.

XYlophonetreeZ
10-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Sponge
Lucky Boys Confusion
The Blood Brothers
Sonata Arctica

None of them sound anything alike, but they're all damn good at what they do.

Hysteria
10-27-2004, 02:57 PM
S2A (http://www.sta-online.tk/)
Hear them here (http://www.purevolume.com/sta)

HA!

Goki
10-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Dream Theater, Leave's Eyes, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Sopor Aeternus, Pink Floyd, Opeth ...

Betty
10-27-2004, 03:03 PM
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists

Snoopy
10-28-2004, 12:05 PM
Anathema, Andromeda, Alice in Chains, Judas Priest, A Perfect Circle, Dissection, Amorphis, and above mentioned Opeth & Dream Theater.

Tired_Of_You
10-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Les Cowboys Fringants , I don't like all their songs but they're a good political band. Grimskunk and Les Ordure Ioniques are goo too.

Vive le Québec :D

All the other bands I can think about I'm pretty sure that they have already been mentioned.

dirty_magic
10-28-2004, 12:24 PM
Only Crime

nieh
10-28-2004, 03:02 PM
try some good music..

Yellowcard

pfft. You shouldn't talk.

Dismemberment Plan, Blood Brothers, Mars Volta, Refused, Cursive, At the Drive In, Primus, Guster, Jets to Brazil, Minus the Bear, Notwist, Pearl Jam, Tomahawk, Pinback, Blind Melon, Mr. Bungle.

NeoCoN
10-28-2004, 03:15 PM
Tsunami Bomb, Sugarcoma, Billy Talent, Nightwish

give them a go or else!

Hysteria
10-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Ha, Nightwish are strange. Still a pretty good band though.

TheUnholyNightbringer
10-29-2004, 07:55 AM
I love Nightwish. Their new one's fab.

Vera
10-29-2004, 08:12 AM
To, not too. *nitpicks*

The Housemartins
Patrick Wolf
Snow Patrol
Kent
The Barenaked Ladies

GunForHire
10-29-2004, 08:34 AM
William Shatner - LMAO
John Frusciante
Audioslave
Muse - probably not for the tastes of most people on here, but I think they're great

BuddyHolly
10-29-2004, 10:37 AM
The Offspring, 28 Days, NOFX, Groovie Gouhlies, Cooper, Pennywise, AFI, Green Day, Bad Religion, Strung Out, Good Riddance, Weezer, Pulley, Rancid, Get Up Kids, The Hives, No Fun At All, The Dwarves, De Heideroosjes, Ten Foot Pole, New Bomb Turks, Underworld, Dwarves, Beatsteaks, Voodoo Glowskulls, Bad Manners, Royksopp, Madness, Ska-P, Skaos, Skatalites, Laternpoll, Less Than Jake, Osker, I Against I, Down By Law, T. Raumschmiere, CKY, Boxcar Racer, The Ataris, Sex Pistols, Dire Straights, TSOL, Black Flag, Me First And The Gimme Gimmes, Hermans Hermits, Descendents, Exploited, Danzig, Goldfinger, Lagwagon, Ramones, The Specials, Millencollin, Police, I Defy, New Found Glory, Flogging Molly, Beastie Boys, Rolling Stones, REM, Dropkick Murphys, Vandals, A, The Damned, Guttermouth, One Hit Wonder, Lagwagon, Puss, Mark Foggo, AC/DC, All Systems Go, Anti-Flag, At The Drive In, Dillinja, Sick Of It All, I Against I, Misfits, Osdorp Posse, Dead Kennedy's, The Birds, Didjits, Dog Eat Dog, Ez Roller, Bloodhound Gang, Human Alert, Neuk, Don't Look Down, Ignite, No Fun At All, Iggy Pop, The Clash, Prodigy, MXPX, No Use For A Name, Chemical Brothers, Operation Ivy, Peterpan Speedrock, Propaghandi, Faithless, Bob Marley, Disillusion, Rammstein, Tanzwut, Sugarcult, System Of A Down, Reel Big Fish, Samiam, Less Than Jake, Lemon D, Don't Look Down, Son Of Sam, Dire Straits, Satanic Surfers, Social Distortion, Aphex Twin, Taproot, Mad Capsule Markets, Beastie Boys, The Mama's And The Papa's, Aquabats, Suicidal Tendencies, Andy C, Total Chaos, Audio Bullies, Toydolls, Undeclinable

and a lot more

little_miss_kyuss
10-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Mad Capsule Markets Agreed. Good album (OSC-DIS)

Sunny
10-29-2004, 11:15 AM
bauhaus
her space holiday
mindless self indulgence
love & rockets
flogging molly

punkangel
10-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Authority Zero
Green Day
Breaking Benjamin
New Found Glory
Bowling for soup

BREAK
10-29-2004, 05:09 PM
Clair De Lune
Fear Before The March Of Flames
These Arms Are Snakes
Codeseven
Planes Mistaken For Stars
Brandtson
Read Yellow
Benton Falls
My Chemical Romance
Dillinger Escape Plan

Hi to everyone that remembers me, by the way.

nitropenguin!
10-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Jakalope
Fenix TX
Alexisonfire
Kill Hannah
Hot Water Music
Sector Seven
Steriogram
Scarling.
Nothingface