PDA

View Full Version : I saw the Offspring on Tuesday in Seattle

jiminycriket
06-24-2010, 09:20 AM
I was shocked, disgusted, and disappointed on Tuesday after the Offspring concert. There were somewhere around ten people outside the venue waiting for pictures and autographs. All but two had gotten one, the other or both; me and one woman in front of me. After Dexter signed some stuff for the woman he went and got in the van, leaving me the only one who got nothing. I've never been more offended in my life.

Dexter1990
06-24-2010, 09:25 AM
First it was the Reno show and now this.

dexterone
06-24-2010, 09:31 AM
when they played in Slovakia 1 year ago,I was happy,that they were here and played for us...man,donīt be so childish....they canīt sign everything to everyone...itīs impossible...and be happy,you heard the new song live!

Little_Miss_1565
06-24-2010, 09:33 AM
That sucks, but sometimes they have to leave. It's not personal.

randman21
06-24-2010, 09:45 AM
I can actually empathize with this guy. I'd be hurt, too. Ten people, and he's the only one who didn't get one? That's rough. At the same time, don't blame Dexter, just be pissed at the universe. And please, PLEASE, for the love of love, don't make a huge deal about it on this message board.

one hundred punks
06-24-2010, 09:48 AM
I doubt Dexter intentionally blew you off. When I met him, he signed all of my Offspring albums and took two pictures. I left during one of the opening bands (Auf Der Maur-Splinter Tour) to go eat and when I came back he was just standing behind the venue. I had at least 8 CD covers with me. Anyway, sometimes you just gotta be in the right place at the right time.

MAXTER
06-24-2010, 09:55 AM
When I met him, he signed all of my Offspring albums and took two pictures. I left during one of the opening bands (Auf Der Maur-Splinter Tour) to go eat and when I came back he was just standing behind the venue. I had at least 8 CD covers with me. Anyway, sometimes you just gotta be in the right place at the right time.

You're Soooo Lucky!!!! :)

one hundred punks
06-24-2010, 09:56 AM
You're Soooo Lucky!!!! :)

Well despite what some of The Offspring-Educators(TM) on here would have you believe, I am a big fan. Somewhere I have an cassette tape(!) of me talking to them on a show called ROCKLINE from when IXNAY was released.

Beevis
06-24-2010, 10:00 AM
In my opinion, the memory of the live performance is what the experience is all about. Not the (insert Item here) that wasn't signed. A true fan, especially a punk fan will shrug it off and keep moving. "You will find a way, I know, I Know"

MAXTER
06-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Well despite what some of The Offspring-Educators(TM) on here would have you believe, I am a big fan. Somewhere I have an cassette tape(!) of me talking to them on a show called ROCKLINE from when IXNAY was released.

I'm a big fan too.... But I repeat, you're sooo Lucky a lot!!!! :D

one hundred punks
06-24-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm a big fan too.... But I repeat, you're sooo Lucky a lot!!!! :D

Here's the thread with my story and pics. Most of the CDs are autographed personally to me except CLUB ME.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26323
Yeah, meeting Dexter was pure luck. Pretty much everyone else was inside the venue watching the openers.

Harleyquiiinn
06-24-2010, 10:06 AM
True but it's such a thrill to meet the people you admire.

I stopped washing my face since Mr E. kissed my cheek.

That was in 2006.

But yes, I wouldn't blame that user. It must be complete frustration to see them sign autographs and not getting your chance... but that will be for another time :)

MAXTER
06-24-2010, 10:09 AM
But yes, I wouldn't blame that user. It must be complete frustration to see them sign autographs and not getting your chance... but that will be for another time :)

I'm trying since 2001 for an autograph and/or photo with somebody of their :D

Dexter_italy
06-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Maybe you stink.....

MAXTER
06-24-2010, 10:26 AM
Maybe you stink.....

hahahahaha :D

Dexter1990
06-24-2010, 11:10 AM

This .

jacknife737
06-24-2010, 12:41 PM

Word.

I feel for you man, but sometimes things just don`t work out.

Dexter1990
06-24-2010, 01:23 PM
I was shocked, disgusted, and disappointed on Tuesday after the Offspring concert. There were somewhere around ten people outside the venue waiting for pictures and autographs. All but two had gotten one, the other or both; me and one woman in front of me. After Dexter signed some stuff for the woman he went and got in the van, leaving me the only one who got nothing. I've never been more offended in my life.

Sorry to come out as a jerk. But you must realise the fact that they get tired and I hope the next time will end up a whole lot greater!