PDA

View Full Version : Got some new media for you guys.

mat.kc.
06-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Went to Boonstock last night, and holy shit! It was PERFECT. This has been the second time I've seen them live, but this one took the cake for sure. The set-list was epic too. I was so excited to hear them play Hammerhead and Gotta Get Away, as last time they didn't play those two. As they played Half-Truism, fireworks went off in the sky. I couldn't believe it. Here's the set from yesterday night:

01.) You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
02.) All I Want
03.) Hammerhead
04.) You'll Find a Way
05.) Have You Ever?
06.) Come Out & Play
07.) Gone Away
08.) Kristy Are You Doing Okay?
09.) Why Don't You Get a Job?
10.) Gotta Get Away
11.) Guns of Brixton
12.) Bad Habit
13.) Half-Truism
14.) Starin' At the Sun
15.) Pretty Fly For a White Guy
16.) Want You Bad
17.) Self-Esteem

*Encore*

18.) Americana
19.) Can't Get My Head Around You
20.) The Kids Aren't Alright

Photos from last night, are here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=449820&l=ce44437559&id=772150573

I have quite a few videos too, including some of the new song. They are about 10 to 30 second clips, but in the second verse, you can hear what Dexter is singing. It's a lot more clear than the other videos circulating around the internet (well, I think so anyway). Should I post those as well?

All in all, an epic night. I got some crowd surfing, camera/video footage, showed off my Offspring tattoo (on my back, the Rise & Fall angel haha) and it was just absolutely insane. I've been to over 25 concerts, and this one really topped them all. My favourite band of all time, still rocking on. :D

DMelges
06-27-2010, 03:23 PM
For the love of god man post those videos! :eek:

Thomas
06-27-2010, 03:29 PM
Jesus Christ, that's one of the best setlists I've ever seen! Consider yourself lucky, man!

DMelges
06-27-2010, 03:39 PM
I think that's probably the best set list in Offspring history. :eek:

RageAndLov
06-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Woah! Two new songs! You'll Find a Way and Guns of Brixton. This is good news!
EDIT: Wait, Guns of Brixton is apperantly a cover of The Clash.

KHWHD
06-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Glad you had a great time Matt! :D

mat.kc.
06-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks! I do consider myself REALLY lucky. I was absolutely blown away by last night. I'm STILL smiling over it. :D I can honestly say this was the best night of 2010 for me, so far.

Can anybody recommend a good video uploading website so I can put these up for you guys? Just a reminder as well...Guns of Brixton was the Clash cover. :)

The reason why the videos will be between 10 seconds to a minute long (depending on which one), is because the crowd was incredibly rowdy. It was hard to consistently film, especially being so close. You should've seen my face after the concert...plastered in dirt! lmao I'm tempted to post that picture up too. :P

By the way, new Noodles quote. "There's so many fucking sexy babes here, they should've called it Poonstock!" LOL!

DMelges
06-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Can anybody recommend a good video uploading website so I can put these up for you guys?

Youtube? :confused:

mat.kc.
06-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Haha well I guess I could do that, but I thought you guys wanted to download the videos for yourself? I meant like filesharing XD. I guess I can throw them on Youtube though.

DMelges
06-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Haha well I guess I could do that, but I thought you guys wanted to download the videos for yourself? I meant like filesharing XD. I guess I can throw them on Youtube though.

Well if the videos are only seconds long we don't need to download them. Upload them on Youtube and that'll be great :D

_Lost_
06-27-2010, 04:45 PM
yeah youtube it bro! gives us a chance to see it before committing to a download. if there is one that particularly outshines the others, we'll as for a download link. :)

bhg_rulz2
06-27-2010, 05:25 PM
HERE YOU GO! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8jtC7BvTPM

here are all the videos being uploaded!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BoonstockOffspring

thanks for sharing this on Youtube!

mat.kc.
06-27-2010, 05:53 PM
HERE YOU GO! =)

here are all the videos being uploaded!

http://www.youtube.com/user/BoonstockOffspring

thanks for sharing this on Youtube!

bhg_rulz2 got it right, BoonstockOffspring IS my Youtube account and I just uploaded these videos. I couldn't post a reply earlier because I was having dinner. Follow that link and check out my Youtube account BoonstockOffspring for the remaining videos. =)

By the way, right now I am uploading a brand new video...it's a summarized, 8 and a half minute long video of the footage I've taken. Plus I've added a clip with Dexter and Noodles talking to the crowd. Youtube says it'll be finished uploading within 65 minutes (holy shit, a long time right?!) but I'll post the direct link once it's done!

randman21
06-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Oh, snap! I wish I hadn't seen those. Quality is great, but I feel teased again. :D Thanks for uploading!

Btw, do you work for Boonstock or something?

DMelges
06-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Great pics... I did notice in picture 9 someone is wearing a flip-flop... on their hand...

I think that was probably your best post ever. LOL

I can NOT wait until I get to go see them in a month! *stoked*

I envy you.

mat.kc.
06-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Oh, snap! I wish I hadn't seen those. Quality is great, but I feel teased again. :D Thanks for uploading!

Btw, do you work for Boonstock or something?

No problem! I didn't work for the Boonstock festival haha. I just had a VIP ticket, so I did my best to get as close as I could without being trampled!

As for the flip flop (LOL) yeah it hit me in the face a few times. Talk about gross! dexter12296566, have fun at your concert! I'm on my way to Massachusetts in July and I might be seeing them again with 311. I'm crossing my fingers for that opportunity as well. :)

Guys, here's the montage/summary video that was uploaded just seconds ago. Around the mid-mark is Dexter and Noodles hyping the crowd. I didn't get the 'Poonstock' quote on video though. I seriously wish I could have, it was hilarious! Anyway, here it is! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2TCUn0Jw2Y

It says the video is still being processed, so the quality may become better in a few minutes lol. Youtube kind of butchered some of the quality on my videos anyway, but that's okay haha :P

DMelges
06-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Is it only me or in the 3rd segment of the new song in that montage you made, they changed the guitar chords? Sounds better like that IMO.

Loved how Dexter talked to the crowd during Bad Habit :D

mat.kc.
06-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Is it only me or in the 3rd segment of the new song in that montage you made, they changed the guitar chords? Sounds better like that IMO.

Loved how Dexter talked to the crowd during Bad Habit :D

I think they did switch it up a bit, yeah! Oh man...Bad Habit, the place went insane. I can't believe I was able to get footage without being tossed around haha. My favorite Dexter line I caught on tape was 'So are you guys like...camping and stuff? You know what's gonna happen later Noodles.' LOL I don't know why but I laughed when I heard that lmfao. Just sounded hilarious.

DMelges
06-27-2010, 07:35 PM
I think they did switch it up a bit, yeah! Oh man...Bad Habit, the place went insane. I can't believe I was able to get footage without being tossed around haha. My favorite Dexter line I caught on tape was 'So are you guys like...camping and stuff? You know what's gonna happen later Noodles.' LOL I don't know why but I laughed when I heard that lmfao. Just sounded hilarious.

I bet until we get the studio version of this new song they're still gonna change alot of stuff. Noodles said the same thing to us 'You're a sexy fucking audience' and I felt my dick move.

DMelges
06-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Compare these...

http://www.youtube.com/user/BoonstockOffspring#p/u/7/SGD-qDqX2S4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1vyhocwgxM

During the "Drivers are rude" part his voice sounds so similar yet fairly different... What do you think?

Same voice, diferent age.

brothadave79
06-27-2010, 08:01 PM
I still don't really understand how age effects his voice... He's not like wicked old...

Compare any band/singer that's been around a couple decades or so, and you'll see the same thing. Bad Religion's first couple albums compared to the last two for instance. Or Billy Joel's voice over the years.

It's just like any part of your body. Your face will age too, but it'll still be recognizably yours.

DMelges
06-27-2010, 08:13 PM
His voice is still clearly his! I have never heard a voice like his before! Best voice in the world...

Even though, age takes it's toll on everyone. Dexter clearley had more energy in that 2001 video than he does now. Still rocks though.

Ryder1234
06-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Try to guess the lyrics now?

What I have:

"Hey now, are we crumbling to the ground?
Well we ought to try to get back to who we are (?)
(incomprehensible), see the sunrise all around (?)"

(video cuts out) I cant make out the first part of the sentences haha

_Lost_
06-27-2010, 10:13 PM
I still don't really understand how age effects his voice... He's not like wicked old...

if I were to re-record the Hammerhead cover today, you would hear a difference in my voice from just one year ago (range, tone, control, execution). Imagine how much it could change in 9 years! His voice certainly won't hold up to the same level of abuse as it used to. EDIT: Also, the second video is made for tv, so they had several shots at doing it.

Let's also not forget that he smokes, which does some serious damage to the vocal chords and ages your voice faster as a result.

EDIT: Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmJnSZkKCq4 '94 performance. You can hear a difference then too. Not as much but the wear on his voice will become more and more pronounced as he gets older at a much faster rate.

Btw, dude your location for hearing the mic monitors is insane! I'm usually in a bad spot for those and all I can hear would be what is physically coming from his mouth. Mostly I end up hearing guitar.

BigFish
06-27-2010, 11:26 PM

I can't hear anything different.

Oxygene
06-28-2010, 02:48 AM
fuck that's a great setlist.. I need an offspring show like NOW :)

Tomasisko
06-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Am I missing something? What's so special about the setlist? Except Guns of Brixton and new song of course...

joshgenis
06-28-2010, 06:15 AM
that wasnt when they were touring with 311 huh? man i dnt think we are ganna get as good a set list and as many songs once 311 shows up

one hundred punks
06-28-2010, 06:35 AM
I think that's probably the best set list in Offspring history. :eek:

http://ftp.georgetek.com/George/Sigs/face_palm.gif

one hundred punks
06-28-2010, 06:40 AM
Am I missing something? What's so special about the setlist? Except Guns of Brixton and new song of course...

Nothing. It's like they don't wanna bust out anything special. How hard can it be to rehearse some different songs? The first two albums don't exist (even though MOST people at the shows would either own or have downloaded them by now) and it's a typical Greatest Hits set.

DMelges
06-28-2010, 09:18 AM
that one sounds much mmore like the album... does that mean that now they are changing his voice with machines and stuff on the album to make it sound like before?

Of course not. His voice simply changes a little with time. The same way your voice will be differente 20 years from now.

Krojd
06-28-2010, 09:26 AM
http://ftp.georgetek.com/George/Sigs/face_palm.gif

Holy fuck this is hilarious :D

I dont know whats so special about the setlist either.

DMelges
06-28-2010, 09:33 AM
I dont know whats so special about the setlist either.

A new song, a Clash cover, Gotta Get Away, Half-Truism, plus all the best hits ?

That's a fucking awesome setlist.

one hundred punks
06-28-2010, 09:40 AM
A new song, a Clash cover, Gotta Get Away, Half-Truism, plus all the best hits ?

That's a fucking awesome setlist.

There is a huge difference between what you posted here and your previous post about "OMFG THE BEST OFFSPRING SET LIST EVER!!!!!!111'

DMelges
06-28-2010, 09:53 AM
There is a huge difference between what you posted here and your previous post about "OMFG THE BEST OFFSPRING SET LIST EVER!!!!!!111'

Yeah I do think it's the best Offspring setlist I've seen.

Jojan
06-28-2010, 09:53 AM
05.) Have You Ever?
14.) Starin' At the Sun
17.) Self-Esteem

Never heard of those.

one hundred punks
06-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah I do think it's the best Offspring setlist I've seen.

Read some more from back in the day when they actually played more than just the hits.

Little_Miss_1565
06-28-2010, 09:59 AM
I wish you'd build yourself a time machine and quit being Killjoy McTrupunx here.

Thomas
06-28-2010, 10:00 AM
I wish you'd build yourself a time machine and quit being Killjoy McTrupunx here.

Quoted for truth.

Contemplating sigging for truth.

one hundred punks
06-28-2010, 10:03 AM

I saw em in 95, I don't need a time machine. Broham. If I was fan from say 2000's -current or I had never seen them back in the day, then I might think these stagnant set lists were teh_awesum too.

AllIn All It's Not So Bad
06-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Best setlist=non singles

DMelges
06-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Best setlist=non singles

That doesn't exist, so we enjoy the setlist with the best singles.

I saw em in 95, I don't need a time machine. Broham. If I was fan from say 2000's -current or I had never seen them back in the day, then I might think these stagnant set lists were teh_awesum too.

Funny, I don't remember asking if you agree with me. Broham. Don't give a crap if you don't care for the setlist.

_Lost_
06-28-2010, 10:30 AM
Lol. I like you this week Dan M.

that one sounds much mmore like the album... does that mean that now they are changing his voice with machines and stuff on the album to make it sound like before?

It's not that they change his voice when they record. He has lots of chances for redos, can take breaks between takes, and an unlimited supply of Ricola cough drops too. Bad Habit was pretty late in the set list. The way this guy writes melody so high combined with his age are gonna leave his voice sounding a little bit trashed towards the end of the show.

Killjoy McTrupunx
hehehehe Imma make that my user title!

Tomasisko
06-28-2010, 10:31 AM

In other words 2 unconventional songs + still the same

DMelges
06-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Half-Truism and Gotta Get Away are rarely played live, plus a cover and a new song. That's awesome to me.

But there's really no point in discussing this. It's a good setlist. Leave it at that.

Little_Miss_1565
06-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Oh, okay, sweet. So if you don't need a time machine, please stop antagonizing other fans now. Kthx.

one hundred punks
06-28-2010, 10:41 AM
Oh, okay, sweet. So if you don't need a time machine, please stop antagonizing other fans now. Kthx.

How is this antagonizing? I am having a discussion without resorting to any name calling.

one hundred punks
06-28-2010, 10:43 AM

Please don't criticize the set list. Some of the 4 minute songs the band has chosen not bother to learn are incredibly difficult. If you dare question the set list, you are not a true fan, Please accept whatever the band does and bow down. Thanks.

Little_Miss_1565
06-28-2010, 10:46 AM
How is this antagonizing? I am having a discussion without resorting to any name calling.

Please don't criticize the set list. Some of the 4 minute songs the band has chosen not bother to learn are incredibly difficult. If you dare question the set list, you are not a true fan, Please accept whatever the band does and bow down. Thanks.

If you can't tell the difference between being antagonistic versus disagreeing with what the band does but managing not to take a shit on anyone who's excited about what they're doing regardless of how you personally feel about it, I cannot help you. I'm done playing now.

_Lost_
06-28-2010, 10:46 AM
I think the issue is that this is the second thread you are trying to take over with your explainations about how lack luster their concerts have become. We get it. You're disappointed because you have unrealistic expectations.

Don't try to jump down my throat saying I'm an ass kisser. I just realize that if they've been doing the same thing for fifteen years, who am I to expect them to change?

Tomasisko
06-28-2010, 11:01 AM

what are you talking about?

Krojd
06-28-2010, 11:35 AM
what are you talking about?

I'm sure it was irony.

cool 2 hate 681
06-28-2010, 03:00 PM
thanks for the setlist/pics mat.kc.:)

randman21
06-28-2010, 05:07 PM
No problem! I didn't work for the Boonstock festival haha. I just had a VIP ticket, so I did my best to get as close as I could without being trampled!

Ahh, I was asking because of your YouTube name. I thought you had something to do with it, but it just dawned on me that you probably created the username after the show.:o

Gustavo
06-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Thank you very much for posting the infos, videos and pics, man! I really appreciate them, that does sound like it was an awesome concert.

Oh, and One Hundred Punks is definitely the second official asshole of the BBS, after Jojan, of course. Oh, but wait, there's bouncingcoles, too. Geez!

offsrx
06-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Went to Boonstock last night, and holy shit! It was PERFECT. This has been the second time I've seen them live, but this one took the cake for sure. The set-list was epic too. I was so excited to hear them play Hammerhead and Gotta Get Away, as last time they didn't play those two. As they played Half-Truism, fireworks went off in the sky. I couldn't believe it. Here's the set from yesterday night:

01.) You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
02.) All I Want
03.) Hammerhead
04.) You'll Find a Way
05.) Have You Ever?
06.) Come Out & Play
07.) Gone Away
08.) Kristy Are You Doing Okay?
09.) Why Don't You Get a Job?
10.) Gotta Get Away
11.) Guns of Brixton
12.) Bad Habit
13.) Half-Truism
14.) Starin' At the Sun
16.) Want You Bad
17.) Self-Esteem

*Encore*

18.) Americana
20.) The Kids Aren't Alright

Photos from last night, are here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=449820&l=ce44437559&id=772150573

I have quite a few videos too, including some of the new song. They are about 10 to 30 second clips, but in the second verse, you can hear what Dexter is singing. It's a lot more clear than the other videos circulating around the internet (well, I think so anyway). Should I post those as well?

All in all, an epic night. I got some crowd surfing, camera/video footage, showed off my Offspring tattoo (on my back, the Rise & Fall angel haha) and it was just absolutely insane. I've been to over 25 concerts, and this one really topped them all. My favourite band of all time, still rocking on. :D

HOLY SHIT MAN!! TKAA WAS THE LAST ONE ON ENCORE?? THE LAST ONE WAS THE BEST SONG?? THAT'S SO FUCKING AWSOME MAN!!!
U are very, very lucky.. :)

offsrx
06-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Oh man, so there's no video for TKAA??? :(

mat.kc.
06-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it a lot. I see there was some discussion about the setlist. Well, in my opinion, it was a great setlist and I feel very privileged to hear the majority of my favourite songs. I had an amazing time and I think that's what really mattered the most, yeah? :)

Unfortunately, TKAA wasn't filmed from me. I was too busy rocking out to the last song haha. Sorry people, it was one of those moments where it needed my undivided headbanging attention. :D And randman21, yeah I made the Youtube username BoonstockOffspring so people could search/remember it easier. More accessible! :D

tayluhhx3
06-29-2010, 12:27 AM
When I saw them at Summerfest last year, it was basically the SAME songs minus The Clash cover & the new song. So yeah, I really don't see what's TOTALLY AMAZING about it, but it is a decent setlist. Although, I'd love to hear something off of Ignition. I'd dieee. (:

one hundred punks
06-29-2010, 06:47 AM
When I saw them at Summerfest last year, it was basically the SAME songs minus The Clash cover & the new song. So yeah, I really don't see what's TOTALLY AMAZING about it, but it is a decent setlist. Although, I'd love to hear something off of Ignition. I'd dieee. (:

Don't plan your funeral anytime soon. I guess there is a slight chance of KHWHD but who knows. I know they played a couple older songs at Warped 05 which was smart as to not get booed out of the building by all the TRUPUNX who go to Warped with their one-day mohawx.

nevo
06-29-2010, 10:58 AM
HERE YOU GO! =)

This should be edited into the first post. :]