PDA

View Full Version : You Will Find A Way lyrics

DMelges
06-27-2010, 08:33 PM
So let's try to figure out the lyrics to our first new song :)

First Verse
Hold on
Sometimes lost is all we are
Sometimes being lost is just
Another way to run
Drive on
Feel the road that calls your name
Feel the desert
It wields away the shadows when you're gone

Chorus
You will find a way, I know, I know
You will find a way, back home
Too many yesterdays, I know
You will find a way
Back home!

Second Verse
Hey now
Are we crumbling to the ground?
Maybe I'm just trying to get
Back to who we are
Somehow
Feel the sunrise all around
Feel the desert wind blow (?)
I told God you saw

Chorus
Ran away from yesteday, I know
You will find a way
Back home!

Final Chorus
A millions yesterdays, I know
You will find a way
Back home!

Ryder1234
06-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Chorus
You will find a way, I know
You will find a way
I know!

Second Verse
Hey now
Well we ought to try to get
Back to who we are
So now
Feel the sunrise all around (?)

That's what I got, just changed what you had.

DMelges
06-27-2010, 09:42 PM
First Verse
Hold on
.... is all we are
I'm bleeding ......
..... lead your way
Drive on
You know that path ....
Feel the desert wheels away (?)
Shadows where you go

Chorus
You will find a way
I know!

Second Verse
Hey now
Back to who we are
So now

BigFish
06-27-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm pretty sure the line in the first verse is...

Hold on

DMelges
06-28-2010, 09:27 AM
I'm pretty sure the line in the first verse is...

Hold on

You're right! Great!

First Verse
Hold on
I'm bleeding ......
..... lead your way
Drive on
You know that path ....
Feel the desert wheels of grace (?)
Shadows where you go

Chorus
You will find a way
I know!

Second Verse
Hey now
Back to who we are
So now

Ryder1234
06-28-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm positive it's more like "Oh we ought to try to get back to who we are" in the second verse. If you watch the first video there was of the song, you can't hear the words very well, but if you look at his mouth, you can tell he says a one syllable word as his mouth stays wide open, whereas Maybe is two syllables, so his mouth would close.

Granted, he may have changed the lyrics since then, but I'm going with that

brothadave79
06-28-2010, 12:05 PM
I think it's "Somehow Feel the sun rise all around" instead of "So Now." But hard to say.

For Real
06-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Yayyy! Yippee! Peeps are good at deciphering lyrics. Thanks guys! :cool:

For Real
06-28-2010, 11:53 PM
I think it's "Somehow Feel the sun rise all around" instead of "So Now." But hard to say.

Oh, that's just so beautiful - I had NO idea he was saying that. :)

Hmmm, maybe the new song should be called "Sunrise". Or maybe the new album? Or something to do with that theme?? hmm....

LuisAh
06-29-2010, 06:01 AM
I think the first bit of the first verse is:

Hold on
Sometime being lost is just
a new way to run

DMelges
06-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks to this new video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADI2WX_1oko), I'm pretty what I have here is correct. Only a couple lines missing.

First Verse
Hold on
Another way to run
Drive on
You know that path .... (?)
................................ ??
Shadows where you go

Chorus
You will find a way
Back home!

Second Verse
Hey now
Back to who we are
Somehow
............................??
I told God you saw

Chorus
Ran away from yesteday, I know
You will find a way
Back home!

Final Chorus
A millions yesterdays, I know
You will find a way
Back home!

Help me out with the missing pieces guys!

Outerspaceman21
06-30-2010, 01:58 AM
First Verse
Hold on
Another way to run
Drive on
Feel the deserts wheels away?
Shadows where you go

Second Verse
Hey now
Back to who we are
So Now
Fell the desert wind blow
I told God you saw

Thats what I was able to catch. I was listening to this version btw if anyone wants to cross reference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADI2WX_1oko

OffspringWAfan
06-30-2010, 03:36 AM
heres my video of it to help you guys out:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ev6MjVB2HE

Llamas
06-30-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm hearing "never went away" instead of "another way to run"

Also, "Feel the desert, it wields away the shadows when you're gone"

Can't understand the lyrics in OffspringWAfan's video... sound is crap.

OffspringWAfan
06-30-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm hearing "never went away" instead of "another way to run"

Also, "Feel the desert, it wields away the shadows when you're gone"

Can't understand the lyrics in OffspringWAfan's video... sound is crap.

quit your bitching my sound is fine, its called a front row video, with speakers only 10 feet from me. its not like it sounds all distorted like half of the front row videos out there.

you want a crappy video, heres one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOR6jQfJxIo

_Lost_
06-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Do you really care that much? Fact: The sound IS terrible.

OffspringWAfan
06-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Do you really care that much? Fact: The sound IS terrible.

ya thats why its got like 32 likes and 2 or 3 dislikes, let me guess your one of the 2 or 3 that dislike?

and no its not a fact that is you're opinion.

Free?
06-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Take it easy, pal. We should be only thankful to you indeed, but the sound is far from perfect to the point where you struggle to hear the words and this is what this thread is about. Nobody blames you for that.

Llamas
06-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Whoa... I didn't think my comment was harsh enough to elicit such a response. I didn't say the video is shit or anything... the sound quality is not good, and I wasn't bashing you for it. It's cool you got to hear the song live. Very cool. But the sound on your video isn't good. I never said "omg you suck at videoing!!! lrn 2 record!!!" The other video posted has much better sound quality, and that's what I was looking for when trying to make out the lyrics to the new song. I don't care what the reason for it was... if it was a shitty camera, if you were drunk, if you drunkenly spilled your beer on your camera before filming... doesn't matter to me at all. The fact is that the sound quality isn't as good as in the other video. That's all. Good day.

OffspringWAfan
06-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Take it easy, pal. We should be only thankful to you indeed, but the sound is far from perfect to the point where you struggle to hear the words and this is what this thread is about. Nobody blames you for that.

Thanks Free:) I'm not sure if I am getting struggle to hear the words and not understanding what Dexter is saying confused with what you are saying.. Cause I don't know about you guys but there are some songs on the albums themselves and I can't even make out what each word is. Like for instance You're Gonna Go Far, Kid, I've listened to that song so much and I still can't make out every word so then I look it up on google. A lot of older Green Day is like that too...

OffspringWAfan
06-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Whoa... I didn't think my comment was harsh enough to elicit such a response. I didn't say the video is shit or anything... the sound quality is not good, and I wasn't bashing you for it. It's cool you got to hear the song live. Very cool. But the sound on your video isn't good. I never said "omg you suck at videoing!!! lrn 2 record!!!" The other video posted has much better sound quality, and that's what I was looking for when trying to make out the lyrics to the new song. I don't care what the reason for it was... if it was a shitty camera, if you were drunk, if you drunkenly spilled your beer on your camera before filming... doesn't matter to me at all. The fact is that the sound quality isn't as good as in the other video. That's all. Good day.

Haha thanks for the Laugh Ilovesllamas, sorry I took it too seriously... When someone says the sound sucks I just take it as they're saying my video sucks.

Bredow
06-30-2010, 02:23 PM
you guys are good! I coulden't have figured it out.
Cool song!:)

_Lost_
06-30-2010, 02:43 PM
ya thats why its got like 32 likes and 2 or 3 dislikes, let me guess your one of the 2 or 3 that dislike?

and no its not a fact that is you're opinion.

lol. you're a flippin' moron if you think that people acknowledging that the sound quality on your video ain't great for establishing lyrics is such a terrible thing. I'll also have you note that I found your video on youtube and linked it in one of the five billion threads about this song, because it was better than the ones from earlier shows.

Let me point out to you that digital cameras aren't made to handle concert level volumes, let alone, take high quality videos. The sound quality is terrible (despite your many excuses as to why) and that's just what happens with video taken with a point n shoot. the only reason that other video has better sound is that he's farther away. Unfortunately, you can't exactly bring HQ camcorders and audio recorders into their concerts.

Take this from a person who has been recording and editing high quality videos since before youtube.

OffspringWAfan
06-30-2010, 03:30 PM
lol. you're a flippin' moron if you think that people acknowledging that the sound quality on your video ain't great for establishing lyrics is such a terrible thing. I'll also have you note that I found your video on youtube and linked it in one of the five billion threads about this song, because it was better than the ones from earlier shows.

Let me point out to you that digital cameras aren't made to handle concert level volumes, let alone, take high quality videos. The sound quality is terrible (despite your many excuses as to why) and that's just what happens with video taken with a point n shoot. the only reason that other video has better sound is that he's farther away. Unfortunately, you can't exactly bring HQ camcorders and audio recorders into their concerts.

Take this from a person who has been recording and editing high quality videos since before youtube.

Whoa there with the name calling.. I never said people should be saying my video should be great for lyircs.. But they're bitching for the fact that it isn't. My video isn't perfect well then fine let it not be perfect but people don't need to bitch at me because its not.

DMelges
06-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Whoa there with the name calling.. I never said people should be saying my video should be great for lyircs.. But they're bitching for the fact that it isn't. My video isn't perfect well then fine let it not be perfect but people don't need to bitch at me because its not.

Dude, calm the fuck down. Why are so many people enjoying ruining good threads lately?

Nobody complained about your video. The other video has better audio quality, which is better to listen to the lyrics. Your video was one of the first ones and we thank you for posting it. But better videos do show up eventually.

End of discussion, please.

OffspringWAfan
06-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Dude, calm the fuck down. Why are so many people enjoying ruining good threads lately?

Nobody complained about your video. The other video has better audio quality, which is better to listen to the lyrics. Your video was one of the first ones and we thank you for posting it. But better videos do show up eventually.

End of discussion, please.

Well I'm sorry that I take the fact when someone says something sounds terrible that they aren't complaining... sounds like a complaint to me...

And I'm really not trying to ruin this thread, infact I'm quite new to the boards, and from what I've seen out of a lot people on these boards is that some of you can be quite bitchy some of the time... not saying you are just in general...

_Lost_
06-30-2010, 04:17 PM
I think bitching would be more like "Omg! You're video sucks so much! Why can't you make a good one? Why'd you even bother posting it??"

Nobody was bitching but you.

OffspringWAfan
06-30-2010, 04:23 PM
I think bitching would be more like "Omg! You're video sucks so much! Why can't you make a good one? Why'd you even bother posting it??"

Nobody was bitching but you.

Ya good point.. I did say I was sorry for coming on and saying my video is better than this guys so lets just leave it alone and move on:)

DMelges
06-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Well I'm sorry that I take the fact when someone says something sounds terrible that they aren't complaining... sounds like a complaint to me...

Your video when it was first posted was great, cause it was all we had. No that we have better videos, we eventually compare quality. And we can't always know which bbs member posted which video to avoid complaining about the video with them present.

Seriously, no reason to discuss this.

And you said you're new to the bbs. Yes, this bbs is filled with people who express their opinions strongly. That causes alot of arguing around here. Better get used to it man.

EDIT: I posted this before I saw your last response =]

OffspringWAfan
06-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Your video when it was first posted was great, cause it was all we had. No that we have better videos, we eventually compare quality. And we can't always know which bbs member posted which video to avoid complaining about the video with them present.

Seriously, no reason to discuss this.

And you said you're new to the bbs. Yes, this bbs is filled with people who express their opinions strongly. That causes alot of arguing around here. Better get used to it man.

EDIT: I posted this before I saw your last response =]

Haha no worries man:)

randman21
06-30-2010, 05:27 PM
Hey Dan, would you mind updating your first post with what we have so far? Lazy fucks like me can't keep up. :cool:

DMelges
06-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Hey Dan, would you mind updating your first post with what we have so far? Lazy fucks like me can't keep up. :cool:

Updated! :)

randman21
06-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Whoa. That's practically the whole song. Thanks, dude!

Dexter1990
06-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Woah, Dan, that's pretty neat and very creative idea of what the lyrics are all coming together; but I will stick with what you have now because I know for a fact that I can not get it right even if I tried. :) The rest of you, indeed, keep it going you all are doing great! :)

Llamas
06-30-2010, 07:03 PM
He didn't include my post in his update :(

DMelges
06-30-2010, 07:14 PM
He didn't include my post in his update :(

Sorry Lammas. I forgot about you :p

But I updated it now with your opinion on "feel the desert it wields away the shadows when you're gone".

I'm afraid I don't agree with the "never went away" part, firstly because I don't hear that and because it doesn't make sense...

I still don't understand the "feel the desert" part, but that sounds about right with the video.

_Lost_
06-30-2010, 07:36 PM
"feel the desert"... like the desert is sunny and there is not a whole lot of natural shade available so it "wields away the shadows"

:p *shrug*

DMelges
06-30-2010, 08:05 PM
"feel the desert"... like the desert is sunny and there is not a whole lot of natural shade available so it "wields away the shadows"

What's Dex been smokin' lately? lol :D

_Lost_
06-30-2010, 08:12 PM
What's Dex been smokin' lately? lol :D

maybe he took a page out of the Beatles' book?

BigFish
06-30-2010, 11:34 PM
For some reason, I just can't seem to get that "Too many yesterdays, I know" is what he says in the first chorus...I'm almost 100% sure it's something else...

ixnition
06-30-2010, 11:49 PM
For some reason, I just can't seem to get that "Too many yesterdays, I know" is what he says in the first chorus...I'm almost 100% sure it's something else...

maybe it's "where were you yesterday"

brothadave79
07-01-2010, 12:19 PM

Maybe it's "peal away the shadows?"

DMelges
07-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Maybe it's "peal away the shadows?"

No I think it's pretty clear that he says either 'wields' or 'wheels'....

brothadave79
07-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Then I would lean towards "wheels." "Wields away" sounds way too clunky, the kind of thing I'd circle in a freshman's essay and suggest they choose a different word.

DMelges
07-02-2010, 07:28 AM
Then I would lean towards "wheels." "Wields away" sounds way too clunky, the kind of thing I'd circle in a freshman's essay and suggest they choose a different word.

So could it be as I previously thought, "wheels away" ? Is that even an expression?

Llamas
07-02-2010, 09:40 AM

but "wheels" makes absolutely no sense. if a kid put "wheels away" in an essay, I'd be like wtf that's completely illogical...

brothadave79
07-02-2010, 10:26 AM
but "wheels" makes absolutely no sense. if a kid put "wheels away" in an essay, I'd be like wtf that's completely illogical...

Nah, if a student wrote that somebody "wheeled away all his predecessor's reforms," as in getting rid of them, I would circle that for informal language. It makes logical sense, if you think in non-literal terms. Songs do that.

Edit: What comes to mind when I think of shadows "wheeled away," is something like a stage set being moved off by some crew member.

Outerspaceman21
07-02-2010, 02:13 PM
My english teacher told me once that, when it comes to writers, all rules go out the window.

Camilamazed
07-15-2010, 05:44 PM
"Feel the sunrise all around
I told God you saw"

"Watch (for) your guiding star"

About "guiding star" I am sure.

DMelges
07-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Every time I listen to the song I also hear 'desert wind', but that's no phrase or metaphor that I've ever heard. Maybe it's just from Dex's head.

Outerspaceman21
07-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Every time I listen to the song I also hear 'desert wind', but that's no phrase or metaphor that I've ever heard. Maybe it's just from Dex's head.

Perhaps separating them would help them make more sense.

Desert - Hot, Desolation, Not much life outside of species built to survive in those conditions. Maybe isolation is whats on his mind, but that doesn't seem to make much sense for the song.

Wind - Powerful force that can be helpful (cool breeze on a hot day) or devastating (Hurricanes and Tornados)

I don't know if I am being helpful but if anyone can give me a hand by thinking of metaphorical uses for these words seperate from each other, then maybe we can figure it out.

DMelges
07-15-2010, 08:10 PM

Desert - Hot, Desolation, Not much life outside of species built to survive in those conditions. Maybe isolation is whats on his mind, but that doesn't seem to make much sense for the song.

Wind - Powerful force that can be helpful (cool breeze on a hot day) or devastating (Hurricanes and Tornados)

I don't know if I am being helpful but if anyone can give me a hand by thinking of metaphorical uses for these words seperate from each other, then maybe we can figure it out.

If we consider 'desert wind' signifying what you just explained, it's a possibility. But we should also consider what he says after that in both verses.

In the first, he says 'Feel the desert wheels away, shadows where you go.'

No idea there... We still probably not hearing that correctly.

In the second verse, he says 'Feel the desert wind blow, I told God you saw.'

I found this last part particularly interesting. 'I told God you saw'. Maybe he means, 'I told god you found your guiding star, your way back home.'

Any more thoughts?

PS. I LOVE debating new songs :D

Camilamazed
07-15-2010, 08:23 PM
"I told God you saw" does not make sense at all in my head. I don't think it fits.

=(

DMelges
07-15-2010, 08:28 PM
"I told God you saw" does not make sense at all in my head. I don't think it fits.

=(

You might be right that he says "Watch your guiding star", but I keep hearing "I told god you saw" ...

We need a better video with better audio quality to make sure.

ixnition
07-15-2010, 09:34 PM
You might be right that he says "Watch your guiding star", but I keep hearing "I told god you saw" ...

We need a better video with better audio quality to make sure.

I hear "that's your guiding star"

MAXTER
07-17-2010, 03:29 AM
The Offspring - You Will Find A Way Lyrics

Intro guitar

First Verse
Hold on
Another way to run
Drive on
Feel the deserts ways arose ??????
Shadows where you go

Chorus
(And) You will find a way, I know, I know
(And) You will find a way, back home
Too many yesterday, I know, I know
(And) You will find a way
Back home!

Second Verse
Hey now
Are we just trying to get
Back to who we are
Somehow
Fell the desert wind blow
Watch your guiding star

Chorus
(And) You will find a way, I know, I know
(And) You will find a way, back home
There were many yesterday, I know, I know
(And) You will find a way
Back home!

Bridge (the same like Intro guitar)
Whoaoo whoaoooo X8

Final Chorus
(And)You will find a way, I know, I know
(And)You will find a way, back home
A millions yesterdays, I know, I know
You will find a way
Back home!
You Will Find A Way X3
Back home!

Some points aren't close still, but we are on the right way... We Will find a way, We will find the lyrics!!!! :D

For Real
07-17-2010, 12:40 PM

Desert - parched, burnt up, but mostly the SUN!! sun sun sun. There are other bands that use the "sun" in their music too and the "desert". Soundgarden used a LOT of metaphors with the sun and desert. The band 'Live' used metaphors with the desert.

Wind - or winds - they happen in cycles and stages meteorologically speaking, but in this context, it could be more like a tumbleweed being blown by winds, or actually more like a 'rolling stone'. Also, I think of 'winds of change', or 'clearing out stagnation', or a changing of the seasons

Taken together, I think of the Santa Ana hot winds that blow into California from the desert.

But, in this song the emphasis seems to be on 'getting back home'. I can't but help to think of the movie, The Wizard of Oz, when I hear this, because the whole point of Dorothy's stay in Oz was to find a way to get back home. However, most of the movie was about her time in Oz, not her time at home, so it's ironic that on one hand there is this wonderful time being spent as adventure/fantasy in the alternative reality of Oz, but on the other hand the driving impetus is to leave Oz. And we all know that Dorothy's ruby red slippers were the key the whole time, because from the very beginning of her time in Oz, the wicked witch (of the east?) tried to steal them shoes away. So feet and things associated with feet play a very important role here, or it could be that there is a combination of the ruby red slippers with the feet (and of course some magic from the wizard) that accomplish the getting home part. :D Of course there is MUCH much much more that can be discerned from this movie and it's images, but one would need to have some metaphysical and esoterial knowledge in order to arrive at those revelations . . . . :cool: (oh, and who could forget what it was that made Dorothy land in Oz to begin with? Well, it was 'winds' - or more precisely, a TORNADO!!! Acccccckkkkkk!!!:eek:) Okay, so I will give a hint: winds are associated with air. Now think of air and you get: Hot air balloon (contained controlled air brought her back home). Air is also associated with on-air, as in broadcasting movies, radios, and especially music. ;) Also, air is associated with the atmosphere, which is where air waves travel to light up yours and mines radios, tvs, and computers, via different types of waves (excluding cable? not really, because the cable co has a big dish!). Ahhh, okay I'll stop, too many metaphors can lose the direction, but too little can also lose the fun, so a balance must be sought.

Camilamazed
07-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Couldn't get the previous sentence, but yesterday at the concert I heard:

"... lights your guiding star"

That's definitely it.

=D

PS: is it just me, or Dexter says "yesterdays"? I don't know why but I always listen to an s sound.

DMelges
07-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Couldn't get the previous sentence, but yesterday at the concert I heard:

"... lights your guiding star"

That's definitely it.

=D

PS: is it just me, or Dexter says "yesterdays"? I don't know why but I always listen to an s sound.

"Lights your guiding start" sound about right, but now that I've got "I told god you saw" stuck in my head, it's gonna take a while for me to stop hearing that each time I listen to the song, haha.

tayluhhx3
07-17-2010, 11:03 PM
Chorus
*Too many yesterdays, I know*
You will find a way
Back home!
[/I]

Am I the only one hearing
*Away to a yesterday, I know.* ??

Outerspaceman21
07-18-2010, 01:08 AM
Am I the only one hearing
*Away to a yesterday, I know.* ??

No, I heard it to, but I never noticed that was what was posted. I've been concentrating on the verses mostly whenever I listen to the song.

Walfri
07-18-2010, 08:03 PM
I canīt wait for the studio version..It'll be awesome!!

BigFish
07-26-2010, 06:27 PM
After listening to a new version of the song, I think the lyrics at the end of the 2nd verse are

"Feel the desert wind call. That's your guiding star."

Jack-UK
07-26-2010, 07:20 PM
FYI.. Its 'Where were you yesterday? I know'.

EDIT: But i think it changes in the later verses. But thats definitely right early on.

mrXniick
07-26-2010, 07:49 PM
here is a video I took in Irvine.. pretty decent audio quality.. hopefully it helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq_GDOSjOeY

brothadave79
07-26-2010, 11:09 PM
here is a video I took in Irvine.. pretty decent audio quality.. hopefully it helps.

Sounds great! Thanks for the video!

dr.vanessa
07-27-2010, 10:51 AM

sounds great indeed.thanks!!!

FYI.. Its 'Where were you yesterday? I know'.

''where were you'' or ''who were you''?