PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against the Machine?

RexDarr
06-28-2010, 02:21 AM
I know that Zach is doing his side-project One Day As A Lion and the rest is in Audioslave, but will RATM get back in the recording studio any time soon?
I've been hearing rumours that they are working on new songs and potential tours but nothing has been confirmed.
Can anyone 'Testify'?

Offspring-Junkie
06-28-2010, 04:03 AM
They were on tour this year (Rock am Ring for example), but they don't record anything new afaik.
The latest news is Tom Morello featuring in Cypress Hills "Rise Up".
Check here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWWR_hPTt3w&feature=related

Alex101
06-28-2010, 08:27 AM
So far, Zack said RATM might record a new album in the future.

http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine/51385

findout5
06-28-2010, 12:10 PM
The world needs RATM!
And new songs too!

RexDarr
06-28-2010, 12:21 PM
^^^^ Agreed. I have every RATM album including the "Live and Rare" Japanese import. They are awesome, new music would be awesome. But I fear that maybe they are ahead of themselves a bit... Zach's new album is political in senses, but Audioslave, as far as I know, is more rock and stuff... It may be weird trying to get Zach and the rest back together and be tight like the Bombtrack days and Evil Empire.

findout5
06-28-2010, 12:27 PM
I have the jap import too :)

Well, I saw them live, so i guess they can work together like in the old days again.

nameless
06-29-2010, 03:54 PM
tom has a few projects going but as far as im aware there were no plans for a new album and audioslave have quit i think!

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-19-2010, 09:10 AM
They are playing in Los Angeles @ the Palladium this friday, in protest of Arizona's immigration law. Tickets go on sale today.

I would give my left nut to go, but i do not have nuts. Anyone care to donate? :-P

Omni
07-19-2010, 09:36 AM
^^^^ Agreed. I have every RATM album including the "Live and Rare" Japanese import. They are awesome, new music would be awesome. But I fear that maybe they are ahead of themselves a bit... Zach's new album is political in senses, but Audioslave, as far as I know, is more rock and stuff... It may be weird trying to get Zach and the rest back together and be tight like the Bombtrack days and Evil Empire.

They are still political, Audioslave didn't change the rest of the band. It's just that Cornell wrote all of the lyrics in Audioslave, and he preferred not to get involved. He wrote one political song in Audioslave, "Wide Awake," from their last record, but that's about it. I'm not sure why they haven't even spoke about a new album, yet. They've been back together for three years. They probably just don't want to write until some real inspiration strikes them, or they're just scared that they won't be able to write music as well as they used to. Now that Soundgarden is back together, I hope they follow the same path.

Edit: Sound of a Gun, also from the last album, might have some political meaning I guess.

zookie85
08-04-2010, 12:53 PM
The world needs RATM!
And new songs too!

I totally agree. The 90s ruled anyway. Today every band sounds the same.

Outerspaceman21
08-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I miss Rage. Rock really hasn't since they and The Smashing Pumpkins broke up.

nameless
08-04-2010, 04:05 PM
reading interviews with them recently, it doesnt sound they there will be any new material soon which is a shame. i just hope they start touring a bit more!

Retard
08-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Pumpkins are technically still going man

Outerspaceman21
08-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Pumpkins are technically still going man

Technically, yeah, but they were broken up for a while. In that time, It felt like music went downhill for me. I'm glad Billy is still going with it. Some of there new stuff is pretty wicked.