PDA

View Full Version : Shinedown anyone?

OffspringWAfan
06-30-2010, 05:52 PM
I know this totally a different genre but anyone out there like the band shinedown??

Heres a video of mine of one of my favorite songs which is actually a cover song that they performed a month or so ago:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffIiyivF7rg

MAXTER
07-01-2010, 12:19 AM
I know this totally a different genre but anyone out there like the band shinedown??

Heres a video of mine of one of my favorite songs which is actually a cover song that they performed a month or so ago:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffIiyivF7rg

Yes, I like very much this band... I Have all thier 3 albums, my favourite the last "The Sound Of Madness" in Deluxe Edition with 3 more songs....
The Covered Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd, one of the best cover on the earth... I would see they on tour:)

OffspringWAfan
07-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes, I like very much this band... I Have all thier 3 albums, my favourite the last "The Sound Of Madness" in Deluxe Edition with 3 more songs....
The Covered Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd, one of the best cover on the earth... I would see they on tour:)

If you check out my youtube account I have recorded, Sound of Madness, If You Only Knew, Second Chance, and The Crow Chasing the Butterfly. They are probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite band live. Seeing them again for the 3rd time this August! :)

DMelges
07-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah I really like Shinedown. Really like the vocals.

randman21
07-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I really hate to say that I dislike a band when I've only heard their singles...but I can't stand their singles. Except "Devour". :D It's very good. One of the best songs I've heard in a few years. How are their non-single songs?

OffspringWAfan
07-01-2010, 08:11 PM
I really hate to say that I dislike a band when I've only heard their singles...but I can't stand their singles. Except "Devour". :D It's very good. One of the best songs I've heard in a few years. How are their non-single songs?

Oh man you're really missing out! Check out What a shame, Call Me.. So you don't like 45? Thats a damn good single. And you don't like the songs If You Only Knew, and Sound of Madness? I understand not liking Second chance, thats a bit over played... Save Me and Heroes and I Dare You are also some good ones :)

OffspringWAfan
07-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah I really like Shinedown. Really like the vocals.

Exactly, Brent Smith, one of the most underrated singers of the last decade in my opinion...

MAXTER
07-02-2010, 01:37 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC4vEEE0lcU This is my favourite on their last album

OffspringWAfan
07-02-2010, 02:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC4vEEE0lcU This is my favourite on their last album

You and me both, it's just so heartfelt! :)

Rooster
07-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Hmm, not really my cup of tea, but What A Shame is a good song. I actually quite like it, so thanks for mentioning it.

OffspringWAfan
07-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Hmm, not really my cup of tea, but What A Shame is a good song. I actually quite like it, so thanks for mentioning it.

Ya I love the southern rock voice!

The only type of music I'm not really into is Rap, Techno or Screamo...

Omni
07-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Shinedown is one of the few post-grunge acts of the '00s that I really like. Interesting fact, not one single (they've released 12 in all) have failed to reach the Top 5 on the Mainstream Rock Charts. Their current one is sitting at #2, as a matter of fact.

Rooster
07-04-2010, 01:08 PM
I checked their last album. Overall, it doesn't really strike me as anything special, but there are some good songs on there. And What A Shame is just... Great. A really good song.

And since you're mentioning southern rock, i gotta admit Lynyrd Skynyrd have kind of grown on me, though it's not really my style of music either. Simple Man owns, as does Free Bird. There's a good reason why those two songs are so popular.