PDA

View Full Version : Videos unavailable in some countries on youtube?

ivexSerbia
07-01-2010, 03:23 AM
I'm wondering why can't i watch all Offspring videos online because it contains some contnent owned by Sony Entertainment for example.

Tomasisko
07-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Well i say fuck Sony Entertainment ! I don't give a shit about them, and the band should do something about this. Music should be available for all.

Quoted for truth. The same problem here in Slovakia

dr.vanessa
07-01-2010, 05:42 AM
same here in Greece:mad:

Tijs
07-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Music should be available for all.

It is available to all. The only thing you have to do, is to buy it. :)

That's how it works. You know, aside from a million other factors. But that's the main one.

disclaimer_07
07-01-2010, 08:27 AM
That's annoying as shit but you can always use a proxy.

Jojan
07-01-2010, 08:47 AM
... fuck Sony Entertainment ! I don't give a shit about them, ...

And have you considered that maybe that is why they will not let you watch their videos on YouTube? Think about it, what have you ever done for them? Why do you expect them to give you something for free?

Stza
07-01-2010, 09:55 AM
And have you considered that maybe that is why they will not let you watch their videos on YouTube? Think about it, what have you ever done for them? Why do you expect them to give you something for free?

Oh shut the fuck up.

nameless
07-01-2010, 05:13 PM
i thought youtube had sorted out all the broadcasting rights and issues with music. still, i think its down to the artists and labels should they not choose to make it aviailable in this way!

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2010, 07:49 AM
i thought youtube had sorted out all the broadcasting rights and issues with music. still, i think its down to the artists and labels should they not choose to make it aviailable in this way!

It's a matter of the shared ad revenues and not the bands or labels themselves. Additionally, the Offspring's videos are on VEVO and hosted through YouTube, and VEVO is still sorting out international viewership.

ivexSerbia
07-03-2010, 04:14 AM
Music should be free. That's all i'm saying.

The Talking Pie
07-03-2010, 05:47 AM
I trust you plan to chip in to pay for food/shelter/etc. for the artists who create the music you like, then?

ivexSerbia
07-03-2010, 09:51 AM
My point is I don't want to pay Sony Entertainmen to listen to music, or some other fagish companies. Offspring could do well without that sponsorship, even better. They have armies of fans who love them and are big enough to sell every ticket wherever they go. They don't need companies who own their work.

DexterWannabe
07-03-2010, 10:14 AM
That is just plain stupidity. Who do you think pays for the recording of the album? And marketing and promotion. "Free music" is a hype created by people who are to cheap to pay for music. Why should musicans works for free? Do you think that everything should be free?

Stupid.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Music should be free. That's all i'm saying.

My point is I don't want to pay Sony Entertainmen to listen to music, or some other fagish companies. Offspring could do well without that sponsorship, even better. They have armies of fans who love them and are big enough to sell every ticket wherever they go. They don't need companies who own their work.

Because they've had labels to help them develop that enormous, international army of fans. Ironic that you're lashing out at those labels now, isn't it? When Trent Reznor went totally DIY, he never denied that his time on major labels has enabled him to be able to go his own way now, so you shouldn't deny it either.

My rent should be free too but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Shit costs money, so you should probably get used to paying something to someone for the things you need and want.

DexterWannabe
07-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Producing and selling music no different than any other product you buy. It costs money to develop and market it and there are real life people trying to make a living fro it.

Would it make sense for the farmer if milk and bacon was free? Or steel? Or perhaps cars?

The reason why you can not access The Offspring's music videos online is due to licensing of music and royalties.

I agree with Little_Miss_1565, so stop complaining that you are too poor to buy music. Get a job.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I agree with Little_Miss_1565, so stop complaining that you are too poor to buy music. Get a job.

To be fair, that's not what he was arguing. He just thinks music should be free.

disclaimer_07
07-03-2010, 03:25 PM
What kinda pisses me off about all this is that some parts of the world can watch the videos for free. It makes me feel inferior. Of course I disagree with the thread starter on the whole "music for free" thing cause that's simply not right but what I'm trying to say is if they put some shit up on YouTube just for some chosen elite to watch, then it's just as ridiculous as it gets. I know the band have like nothing to say on the issue anyway so I'll quit whining for now.

The Talking Pie
07-03-2010, 03:30 PM
It's not about a chosen elite but licensing issues in different countries. Not all national laws are made equal. By and large, the countries where the companies are based get sorted out first because that's where the majority of the audience are.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2010, 04:37 PM
What kinda pisses me off about all this is that some parts of the world can watch the videos for free. It makes me feel inferior. Of course I disagree with the thread starter on the whole "music for free" thing cause that's simply not right but what I'm trying to say is if they put some shit up on YouTube just for some chosen elite to watch, then it's just as ridiculous as it gets. I know the band have like nothing to say on the issue anyway so I'll quit whining for now.

It's not about a chosen elite but licensing issues in different countries. Not all national laws are made equal. By and large, the countries where the companies are based get sorted out first because that's where the majority of the audience are.

What Pie said. It's not something that anyone is doing to exclude you intentionally, Disclaimer. It's a matter of international licensing agreements for the shared ad revenues per view. VEVO is aware this is a major shortfall of theirs and I know they're trying to add in more countries all the time. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

disclaimer_07
07-04-2010, 01:28 AM
What Pie said. It's not something that anyone is doing to exclude you intentionally, Disclaimer. It's a matter of international licensing agreements for the shared ad revenues per view. VEVO is aware this is a major shortfall of theirs and I know they're trying to add in more countries all the time. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

But I guess offspringtv and VEVO are not connected in any way. Unless you're talking about offspringVEVO. It's actually funny that they block the same videos in different countries which means that sometimes what can't be viewed through VEVO is available on the other channel.

ivexSerbia
07-04-2010, 05:58 AM
Well i guess the band doesn't have influence on this. This is how i first saw it and what bothered me: Some company prohibits me from watching Offspring videos due to unpaid rights ("This video contains content from WMG and Sony Music Entertainment. It is no longer available in your country">>>this sounds cruel) and i felt that someone else is speaking for the band, like they own them. I guess i don't know too much about copyrights. Twisted world of capitalism creates this issues. It seems pointless to discuss further. I'll find a way to get those videos i hope. Thank you all for debating.