PDA

View Full Version : jumped on stage!

smileemptysoul44
07-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Last nite in Milwaukee i jumped on stage during the offspring concert, i think they were playing genocide. it was so crazy im a die hard offspring fan (1st time seeing them live) and i touched noodles and then i was jumping up n down next to dexter, then security ran at me and i ran around in a circle and finally got tackled. it was an amazing time!!!

The Talking Pie
07-02-2010, 04:28 PM
People like you are one of the reasons musicians storm off stage. In what other profession is it acceptable to have a stranger get up in your face and distract you while you try to work?

smileemptysoul44
07-02-2010, 04:31 PM
i think your nuts. was i at church or school? its a rock concert dude... musicians feed of that stuff, they know that they get the crowd jacked up enough for people to start acting crazy. think about it dude, there rock stars maybe a pussy band like nickleback would do that but not real rockers. and im a die hard fan and i was on stage with them, it was awsome.

brothadave79
07-02-2010, 04:33 PM
i think they were playing genocide.

it was so crazy im a die hard offspring fan

+1 for them playing Genocide when you decided to jump up.
-2 for jumping up.
+1 for being a "die hard offspring fan."
-2 for not knowing the song that was playing when you jumped up.
-3 for touching Noodles when he's trying to play for an audience.
-5 for thinking the concert was about you.

Jaded skies
07-02-2010, 04:38 PM
+1 to Dex though for being cool. he yelled out "that guy needs a free t shirt"

smileemptysoul44
07-02-2010, 04:38 PM
the concert wasnt about me? i didnt mean to touch him i barley did, it wasnt enough to fuck up what he was doing. And i was 95percent sure it was genocide but it was so crazy and scary at the same time that later i wasnt exactly sure what song, but yes it was genocide. i dont see why people are bitching and making a big deal, it was all in good fun, its a fucking rock concert

brothadave79
07-02-2010, 04:39 PM
+1 to Dex though for being cool. he yelled out "that guy needs a free t shirt"

Well that changes everything. If the band is cool with it, I'm cool with it.

nameless
07-02-2010, 04:40 PM
i dont think id have the guts to attempt something like that, purely because you could get thrown out of the venue. out of interest, im assuming they didnt kick you out, did they let you straight back or give you a warning etc.?!

smileemptysoul44
07-02-2010, 04:43 PM
do you know anyone who taped the show? my friend didnt get his phone out in time. Did you see me run from security? i was on stage for a good 15 seconds

smileemptysoul44
07-02-2010, 04:45 PM
yeah they kicked me out. theres no way that they wouldnt. i did it 2 years ago at puddle of mudd. but this was way better cuz it was offspring. the only bad thing is i missed like 4 songs and i lost a shoe on stage and they wouldnt go back for it lol.

Tomasisko
07-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Last nite in Milwaukee i jumped on stage during the offspring concert, i think they were playing genocide. it was so crazy im a die hard offspring fan (1st time seeing them live) and i touched noodles and then i was jumping up n down next to dexter, then security ran at me and i ran around in a circle and finally got tackled. it was an amazing time!!!

Nice dude! This is how it's suppose to be.

Krojd
07-02-2010, 05:06 PM
People like you are one of the reasons musicians storm off stage. In what other profession is it acceptable to have a stranger get up in your face and distract you while you try to work?

Are you serious? Do you realize we're talking about punk rock concert?

bouncingcoles
07-02-2010, 05:41 PM
punk rock bands really dont mind when people jump on stage. hell sometimes they encourage it. back in the early + mid 90s people used to be able to do that all the time due to the fact they didnt use barracades and dexter and the gang loved it among other punk bands. barracades are not punk rock. just ask fat mike

The Talking Pie
07-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Take a hint from the fact that there were security guards.

If I was a die-hard fan, I wouldn't want to get kicked out of the first of the band's concerts I'd ever managed to go to.

When you're a guitarist and some prick is invading your working space, it's not cool.

DMelges
07-02-2010, 07:00 PM

If I was a die-hard fan, I wouldn't want to get kicked out of the first of the band's concerts I'd ever managed to go to.

When you're a guitarist and some prick is invading your working space, it's not cool.

This. Over 9000.

OffspringWAfan
07-02-2010, 07:03 PM

Exactly I saw shinedown in May and the exact same thing happened... And I asked the lead guitarist(Zach Myers) on his facebook if it made him mad and he said the guy is lucky he didn't put his size 13 shoe in his teeth! haha

smileemptysoul44
07-02-2010, 07:25 PM
i highly doubt noodles or anyone cared. Its in good fun. Dexter even said "someone needs to get that guy a free t-shirt" You guys just arent reckless like me.

OffspringWAfan
07-02-2010, 07:34 PM
i highly doubt noodles or anyone cared. Its in good fun. Dexter even said "someone needs to get that guy a free t-shirt" You guys just arent reckless like me.

Your right we aren't reckless like you.. Some people actually like to get there moneys worth lol.. I could understand maybe if it was the last song but you missed some very good one probably.. Did you hear the Kids aren't alright? And did you even get your free t-shirt?

mynamewastaken
07-02-2010, 07:48 PM
yeah they kicked me out. Theres no way that they wouldnt. I did it 2 years ago at puddle of mudd. But this was way better cuz it was offspring. The only bad thing is i missed like 4 songs and i lost a shoe on stage and they wouldnt go back for it lol.

i wonder how many shoes the offspring has collected over the years =]

SkuM
07-02-2010, 08:12 PM
OMG were they playin opera???

Will not discuss about it, it is TOTALLY OK to do that, it is a punk rock show damn! I'm not punk to the bones, but cmon, he didnt take a dump on the stage...

Just to remember, see the Rockpalast 1997 show and you'll see what dexter does in the last song... lots of people on the stage. And they did the song great despite 10 people jumping around.

Lets jump more

OffspringWAfan
07-02-2010, 08:17 PM
OMG were they playin opera???

Will not discuss about it, it is TOTALLY OK to do that, it is a punk rock show damn! I'm not punk to the bones, but cmon, he didnt take a dump on the stage...

Just to remember, see the Rockpalast 1997 show and you'll see what dexter does in the last song... lots of people on the stage. And they did the song great despite 10 people jumping around.

Lets jump more

dude that would be fucking awesome! I would so do it if like security didn't care and all..

clocks_R_slow
07-02-2010, 09:09 PM
LMFAO
my friend told me about you!!! xD

tayluhhx3
07-02-2010, 09:18 PM
LMFAO
my friend told me about you!!! xD

I DID!
And I actually thought it was hilarious. Me and my sister were like "Duuude, We should have taped that..!" xD
I'd honestly rather have someone jump on stage while i was playing a song, then get hit with a BOTTLE IN THE FACE!

OffspringWAfan
07-02-2010, 09:31 PM
I DID!
And I actually thought it was hilarious. Me and my sister were like "Duuude, We should have taped that..!" xD
I'd honestly rather have someone jump on stage while i was playing a song, then get hit with a BOTTLE IN THE FACE!

Ouch! Ya I think someone smashed a beer bottle of the bassist players head of Green Day years ago..

nieh
07-02-2010, 09:40 PM

You say that as if you have to choose between the two.

tayluhhx3
07-02-2010, 10:32 PM
You say that as if you have to choose between the two.

I say it as I'm pretty sure that Dexter would rather have some guy harmlessly jump on stage, then get hit in the face with a bottle..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzvUtICNugM
(fast forward to 3:00)

Thomas
07-02-2010, 10:35 PM

Usually, though, that's the venue's decision, not the band's. For insurance purposes, I believe. I have a hard time believing that The Offspring would get even the slightest bit upset over one person coming on stage.

clocks_R_slow
07-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Ouch! Ya I think someone smashed a beer bottle of the bassist players head of Green Day years ago..

lol i want to shake that guy's hand. xD

OffspringWAfan
07-02-2010, 11:16 PM
lol i want to shake that guy's hand. xD

Thats not very nice.. They're my favorite band :)

Harleyquiiinn
07-02-2010, 11:46 PM
The Talking Pie and Dan M. > I can see what you are trying to say, but they are not bankers or computer engineers. They are rock stars. If you don't want any interaction with people, you choose another job.

I mean it's not like the guy is telling us:

"I found Dexter's house adress and put some papier maché heads on sticks in his backyard ! that was so cool ! I'm a die hard fan !" => See, that's invading space. Not to mention scary.

He just jumped on stage at a rock concert... And personnally, I enjoy when things like that happen.

And that's pretty cool, man. It's a shame they kicked you out of the venue though...

SuperKnux
07-03-2010, 12:02 AM

Dude, go for it man!! Haters gunna hate, and this forum (like all the others in the web) are nothing but haters.

I'm glad you had a ball, and if I was on the audience, your awesomeness would have only fueled me even further in rocking out!

BigFish
07-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah man...if this was maybe 15 years ago, you could've gotten away with it easy. I'm sure the band loved it. I know when I play on stage if people get up and want to be near me I'm stoked. Props to you, but just nowadays the whole get up on stage randomly thing doesn't really work. If you do want to be able to get up on stage, go see the Dropkick Murphys. At the end of their set they ALWAYS have people get up on stage with them. Except for when they played with The Offspring last year, they weren't allowed because of all the equipment on stage :(

smileemptysoul44
07-03-2010, 01:51 AM
no i never got my shoe or free shirt. they should sign my shoe and send it back lol

OffspringWAfan
07-03-2010, 02:02 AM
no i never got my shoe or free shirt. they should sign my shoe and send it back lol

Dude now that would be legit!

smileemptysoul44
07-03-2010, 02:59 AM
hell yeah, or that free tshirt. i wish i could find the video of me on stage. youtube has like everyother song but genocide

The Talking Pie
07-03-2010, 04:17 AM
Usually, though, that's the venue's decision, not the band's. For insurance purposes, I believe. I have a hard time believing that The Offspring would get even the slightest bit upset over one person coming on stage.

But that's the thing; it's not The Offspring's stage and the owners of the venue have made a conscious decision to put security in place to stop those happenings. Just because you think that one of the other parties involved will get a kick out of it, doesn't make it okay. That is recklessness and a flagrant abuse of the system that has been put in place so that you can see your favourite band.

Would you try to burn down a restaurant with the consent of the manager because hey, it's cool? No one else ever wanted to eat at that restaurant and appreciate its services without flames licking all around them. (Well, we're punk rwkrs, so maybe we would torch something -- anarchy!!!1!!!!one)

There are two fundamental things which are not being considered. The first is that the band member doesn't die a little inside each time some idiot jumps on stages and touches them. They might just be too damned polite to walk off stage. The second is that other people have paid good money to watch the show, but ultimately risk one person ruining the show either by pissing off the band or by getting up on stage and getting in the way, tripping over cables, etc.

A concert is not a spontaneous gathering of folk to enjoy music in a reckless way. It takes time, planning and precision. Planning by the venue owners which doesn't take randomers on stage into account.

What if the band used pyrotechnics on-stage during their show? For three seconds of touching/distracting a guitarist, in the chase that ensued either the stage-invader or the security in pursuit could get hit by a controlled explosion/fire and lose their sight, maybe use of one of their limbs.

There is just so much more to this than "it's cool; the band are punk".

Dexter_italy
07-03-2010, 05:36 AM
But that's the thing; it's not The Offspring's stage and the owners of the venue have made a conscious decision to put security in place to stop those happenings. Just because you think that one of the other parties involved will get a kick out of it, doesn't make it okay. That is recklessness and a flagrant abuse of the system that has been put in place so that you can see your favourite band.

Would you try to burn down a restaurant with the consent of the manager because hey, it's cool? No one else ever wanted to eat at that restaurant and appreciate its services without flames licking all around them. (Well, we're punk rwkrs, so maybe we would torch something -- anarchy!!!1!!!!one)

There are two fundamental things which are not being considered. The first is that the band member doesn't die a little inside each time some idiot jumps on stages and touches them. They might just be too damned polite to walk off stage. The second is that other people have paid good money to watch the show, but ultimately risk one person ruining the show either by pissing off the band or by getting up on stage and getting in the way, tripping over cables, etc.

A concert is not a spontaneous gathering of folk to enjoy music in a reckless way. It takes time, planning and precision. Planning by the venue owners which doesn't take randomers on stage into account.

What if the band used pyrotechnics on-stage during their show? For three seconds of touching/distracting a guitarist, in the chase that ensued either the stage-invader or the security in pursuit could get hit by a controlled explosion/fire and lose their sight, maybe use of one of their limbs.

There is just so much more to this than "it's cool; the band are punk".

People jumpink or sneaking on stage is just part of the show, it depends on who's jumping if it bothers or not, if you disturb the band it's annoying, if you jump and try to sing or don't do anything annoying you will just be pushed down the stage... it's just OBVIOUS. but you're being too dramatic with pyro etc... even dancing and jumping coul be dangerous... it's a rock concert...if I want to stay sit down I go to the opera or just stay at home...

The Talking Pie
07-03-2010, 06:43 AM
Seriously? You think that pyrotechnics (that a LOT of bands use) going off and injuring or killing someone is just being 'dramatic'? When you use explosions, fire or fireworks on-stage the band members know where to avoid, but when someone else gets on-stage it becomes a very dangerous thing. And the wonderful thing about fire is that it's better when you don't know its coming, so you wouldn't know that an explosion is coming until it's too late.

How fucking stupid are you people?

smileemptysoul44
07-03-2010, 06:57 AM
dude your long saga makes u sound like a little girl. the odds of that happening are slim to none. i was more scared of getting a broken arm by the buff security guard that tackled me on stage after i ran from him.

The Talking Pie
07-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Wouldn't a long saga make me sound like a Viking?

Let me just put it this simply: I hate when pricks ruin shows for me. Chances are you pissed off a lot of people in the audience and behind the scenes. And, whether you choose to believe it or not, there is a chance of you putting someone else's health or life in danger. Grow up.

Tomasisko
07-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Seriously? You think that pyrotechnics (that a LOT of bands use) going off and injuring or killing someone is just being 'dramatic'? When you use explosions, fire or fireworks on-stage the band members know where to avoid, but when someone else gets on-stage it becomes a very dangerous thing. And the wonderful thing about fire is that it's better when you don't know its coming, so you wouldn't know that an explosion is coming until it's too late.

How fucking stupid are you people?

Jesus, stop it, please...

The Talking Pie
07-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Why is no one countering my sound reasoning with sound reasoning of their own? If you disagree with me then prove your point of view with a rational counter-argument, don't just keep going on and on about being punk and these things being acceptable.

smileemptysoul44
07-03-2010, 07:07 AM
if peoples health is so important to u then stop the ppl moshpitting who always run into innocent ppl. the only ppl i pissed off was security cuz i made them look silly. and if so many ppl were pissed y did the crowd get twice as loud?

dr.vanessa
07-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Lol .

The Talking Pie
07-03-2010, 07:20 AM
You think that the main concern of security was not looking silly? They were pissed off because some idiot got up on stage and touched the musicians while they were playing.

And the mathematics of your "twice as loud" argument don't hold up under scrutiny unless it is guaranteed that one-hundred percent of the crowd were cheering/etc. at a normal volume prior to your antics without a second's break.

But I digress. You had fun and it's clear that's all that concerns you.

Dexter_italy
07-03-2010, 07:26 AM
You think that the main concern of security was not looking silly? They were pissed off because some idiot got up on stage and touched the musicians while they were playing.

And the mathematics of your "twice as loud" argument don't hold up under scrutiny unless it is guaranteed that one-hundred percent of the crowd were cheering/etc. at a normal volume prior to your antics without a second's break.

But I digress. You had fun and it's clear that's all that concerns you.

First of all.... FUCK YOU because I don't like being called stupid...
Second.... did you ever see fireworks at any and I said ANY offspring show? when fireworks are used you can be sure nobody can jump on the stage....
Third... a show isn't only a band playing, is all what happens at the show....that's why it's called show......get away with it...
And foruth...nobody ruins YOUR show... it's their show...
fifth... fuck you again because I still hate being called stupid!

The Talking Pie
07-03-2010, 07:30 AM
Well fuck you too, sir.

randman21
07-03-2010, 08:36 AM
I don't like the notion of anything goes at a punk rock show. If they don't specifically ask people to come up on stage, maybe they don't want them there. And even if they don't mind, they still didn't ask for it, so there must be a good reason. I probably would have enjoyed the guy running around up there, but that doesn't make it okay with everybody. Just sayin'.

Offspring-Junkie
07-03-2010, 08:51 AM
^ I agree with that.

OffspringWAfan
07-03-2010, 10:41 AM
if peoples health is so important to u then stop the ppl moshpitting who always run into innocent ppl. the only ppl i pissed off was security cuz i made them look silly. and if so many ppl were pissed y did the crowd get twice as loud?

Haha speaking of making the security looking silly.. Some guy who jumped over the barricade didn't get recognized by security until the guy was already on stage.. Security guy grabs the guy by the ankle but he pulls away runs around jumps back over the barricade and almost eats shit, haha! They pass him back and security yanks him out lol..

I am almost sure you will get a kick out of this video my buddy of mine posted.. if ya don't wanna listen just fast forward to the 34 second mark, thats where it happens...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4djO5aF0o_I

this was the shinedown concert I was talking about..

OffspringWAfan
07-03-2010, 10:49 AM
I don't like the notion of anything goes at a punk rock show. If they don't specifically ask people to come up on stage, maybe they don't want them there. And even if they don't mind, they still didn't ask for it, so there must be a good reason. I probably would have enjoyed the guy running around up there, but that doesn't make it okay with everybody. Just sayin'.

You couldn't of said it any better my friend!

Supa
07-03-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't think they really care, as long as they aren't assaulted or anything extreme. On the CMVC, during TKAA, some girl jumps on stage and is all over Dexter for a second or two, and he sorta laughs about it. On top of that, I distinctly remember both Dex and Noodles complaining numerous times about there not being enough stage divers and stuff like that.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2010, 02:08 PM
I don't speak for the band, but I find it surprising that no one's brought this up -- If the band was 100% cool with people running around onstage, they wouldn't have their own security, and that security wouldn't have thrown you out. I'm glad the person here didn't try to fuck up the band's world and was just an (over?)excited fan, but for fuck's sake. Don't be so proud of yourself, then so defensive when someone here doesn't agree that was a cool thing to do. This isn't Converge -- these are not small, punk rock, DIY shows. These are large-scale, festival-type shows, where if everyone starts doing this, you're going to have a really bad situation on your hands very, very quickly. The bigger the show, the more you have to behave. Soz.

OffspringWAfan
07-03-2010, 02:18 PM
I don't speak for the band, but I find it surprising that no one's brought this up -- If the band was 100% cool with people running around onstage, they wouldn't have their own security, and that security wouldn't have thrown you out. I'm glad the person here didn't try to fuck up the band's world and was just an (over?)excited fan, but for fuck's sake. Don't be so proud of yourself, then so defensive when someone here doesn't agree that was a cool thing to do. This isn't Converge -- these are not small, punk rock, DIY shows. These are large-scale, festival-type shows, where if everyone starts doing this, you're going to have a really bad situation on your hands very, very quickly. The bigger the show, the more you have to behave. Soz.

Once again I completely agree with the mods lol

Shullski
07-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Dont listen to people sayin its bad for you to do stuff like that.

Bands feed off the energy of the crowd, and the more energy you have, the better the bands going to perform.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Dont listen to people sayin its bad for you to do stuff like that.

Bands feed off the energy of the crowd, and the more energy you have, the better the bands going to perform.

LOL. As I already said, this works at small shows. Not at large ones where people can actually die if crowds get totally nuts. Bands feed off energy, not their fans getting injured and/or crushed.

Additionally, security personnel make really good money. Can you imagine why?

OffspringWAfan
07-03-2010, 06:05 PM
LOL. As I already said, this works at small shows. Not at large ones where people can actually die if crowds get totally nuts. Bands feed off energy, not their fans getting injured and/or crushed.

Additionally, security personnel make really good money. Can you imagine why?

Exactly theres videos all of youtube of bands stopping in the middle of songs to break up shit... one that comes to mind is the LA video of Green Day playing Homecoming and Billie Joe Armstrong just stops the song in the middle of it, gotta love that..

mario_spaghettio
07-04-2010, 12:02 AM
First of all, I can guarantee you idiots that the band isn't cool with this. Of course they laugh it off and pretend it's ok because they'd be called a bunch of corporate sellout fake punk rockers if they didn't. Remember a few years ago when that nut jumped on stage with Damageplan and shot up the band killing guitarist Dimebag Darrell and 3 others? Fucking moron, and fuck all of you dipshits for defending him.

Tomasisko
07-04-2010, 01:21 AM
First of all, I can guarantee you idiots that the band isn't cool with this.

Dexter told you that?

Budzy
07-04-2010, 02:26 AM

Good on ya man! I'm jealous. At soundwave I had a huge urge to jump up on stage but it was my first concert and I wasn't too confident with myself. It would be an amazing feeling. I might get a few beers into me and try it next time, who knows. Roflz at the typical lame people being lame. People like these are the ones who stand at the back of a concert and probably through in the occasional 'bop' when they're feeling extreme.

Little_Miss_1565
07-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Yes, doing things that will get you kicked out of a show you paid $40 to see, endanger yourself and others, and possibly piss off the band are totally awesome and should be done at all times, especially drunk. #srsly

smileemptysoul44
07-04-2010, 11:46 AM
offspring does not care. and why is okay at a smaller show? in milwaukee they usually dont even have security for the small bands. it was all in good fun, i mean ive had posters of them in my room/locker/notebooks, ect my whole life... AND I FUCKING TOUCHED NOODLES AND WAS NEXT TO DEXTER!!!!

KHWHD
07-04-2010, 11:49 AM
offspring does not care.

If they don't care, then why do they have security? Duh. :rolleyes:

The Talking Pie
07-04-2010, 12:06 PM
i mean ive had posters of them in my room/locker/notebooks, ect my whole life...

So did Nathan Gale with his favourite band, too. Just sayin'...

Zee
07-04-2010, 12:12 PM
This guy was pretty quickly catched during Hammerhead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdZh3mt9lr4

When you scroll until the end you'll see his own camera work.

smileemptysoul44
07-04-2010, 01:38 PM
well im not a crazy redeck, and summerfest (the music festival i was at) has security regardless. offspring dont care dexter was laughin bout it. oh yeah and dexter wheres that free t-shirt???

Krojd
07-04-2010, 02:21 PM
If they don't care, then why do they have security? Duh. :rolleyes:

I was at Anti-Flag here in Prague at Roxy club and there was Roxy club security and the band even told them to stay back and leave people alone. Also you can see a lot of videos with the same situation. Or at Rammstein show there was hired czech security group. I guess organizer of the show hires security.

DMelges
07-04-2010, 02:44 PM
well im not a crazy redeck, and summerfest (the music festival i was at) has security regardless. offspring dont care dexter was laughin bout it. oh yeah and dexter wheres that free t-shirt???

Stop saying that Dexter said that free t-shirt thing. Dexter laughed about it because he's a nice guy and not some dick who would let that ruin the show.
If you had a gun, you could've done something bad. That's why they have security, dumbass.

Noodles was stabbed once during a show. So many artists have been hurt and or tackled on stage by maniac fans (who sometimes aren't even fans).

Don't do that anymore.

Harleyquiiinn
07-04-2010, 03:15 PM
I think nobody should assume or try to guess what the band thinks.

Tomasisko
07-04-2010, 03:37 PM
If you had a gun, you could've done something bad. That's why they have security, dumbass.

They usually don't let people with guns on the concert, dumbass

The Talking Pie
07-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Usually? You must go to some wild concerts every once in a while.

But you can't be 100% sure that someone hasn't smuggled a weapon in. Artists have been attacked and even killed on-stage. It happens.

Harleyquiiinn, I agree. But my main concern would be the idiot tripping over a cable and killing the sound. I think this discussion stopped being about whether or not the band think it's cool a long time ago.

DMelges
07-04-2010, 04:08 PM
They usually don't let people with guns on the concert, dumbass

Are you kidding me? I hope so. They also don't usually allow highjackers on planes.

He could easily have hid a weapon.

Tomasisko
07-04-2010, 04:33 PM
Are you kidding me? I hope so. They also don't usually allow highjackers on planes.

LOL...You know what? You're killing me with your thoughts :D

DMelges
07-04-2010, 04:38 PM
LOL...You know what? You're killing me with your thoughts :D

Good to know.

Free?
07-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Usually? You must go to some wild concerts every once in a while.

You usually don't seem to have any problems with sarcasm detection and I'm pretty sure you got his idea this time as well.

Security is there for a reason, but it doesn't mean that a crazy guy jumping on a stage will necessarily have a negative effect.

You guys can only assume what the stage marathon looked like, you can't know for sure. It could be both bad or good surprise to the band and the audience. Until there is no video or any other evidence all we can do is assume. I imagine that was a harmless prank and everyone took it accordingly and got some fun from it, except the guards maybe, but that's only my humble prediction.
I'm not insisting at all, but if I'm right then you're giving a probably deserved hard time to the guy who actually left rather good memories to everyone on that show.

And he didn't have any weapon so hold your horses with coming up with all the various possible kinds damage he could've done. I didn't get an impression that his goal was to do any harm either.

But yeah, you can talk about stage invaders and their good and bad sides, but don't jump to conclusions based solely on your imagination. Seriously, this is ridiculous.

The Talking Pie
07-04-2010, 05:26 PM
The weapon talk only arose because we had to explain to these people why security guards are placed on concerts.

Our concerns are disrupting the concert by tripping over cables/distracting the guitarist he's touching and the possible dangers of things on stage the fan doesn't know about. Musicians have cues for one another during songs; someone hopping up on stage and prodding the guitarist could quite literally stop the song in its tracks.

I will not give up until these people understand that if their actions bear no ill effects whatsoever it's just because they got lucky.

I'm also still waiting for a single counter-argument to any of my statements that isn't based around the concept of 'punk' making this okay.

DMelges
07-04-2010, 06:17 PM
But yeah, you can talk about stage invaders and their good and bad sides, but don't jump to conclusions based solely on your imagination. Seriously, this is ridiculous.

You're right, but saying that 'of course the band doesn't mind people jumping on stage and touching them' and thinking security is there only for show is stupid.

People need to understand that you can't just invade like that. Alot of people have been killed or hurt by these stage jumpers or invaders or whatever you call them. I'm sure The Offspring saw this guy running behind them on stage and felt threatend, 'cause it could very easily be another Nathan Gale.

For Real
07-04-2010, 06:19 PM

Shite! that's making me feel all paranoid... i mean, i'm not onstage, but my favorite guys in the whole wide world are - security better do their job or else!

DMelges
07-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Shite! that's making me feel all paranoid... i mean, i'm not onstage, but my favorite guys in the whole wide world are - security better do their job or else!

It's definetly always a risk. Just the other day Slash was attacked on stage. The guy ran on stage and tackled him pretty hard, even broke his guitar.

For Real
07-04-2010, 06:38 PM
It's definetly always a risk. Just the other day Slash was attacked on stage. The guy ran on stage and tackled him pretty hard, even broke his guitar.

Oh my gosh, I hope he is okay - I'm sure his wife was very concerned.

DMelges
07-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Makes you think what it would be like to be on stage and see a guy running towards you on stage, even touching you.

For Real
07-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Makes you think what it would be like to be on stage and see a guy running towards you on stage, even touching you.

Well, I'm a girl, so that shite would scare the crap outta me. I'd probably run! :eek:

Streef
07-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Well, I'm a girl, so that shite would scare the crap outta me. I'd probably run! :eek:

Psh. What does being a girl have to do with that?

For Real
07-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Psh. What does being a girl have to do with that?

Well, I guess it depends if you're a girl with muscles or not - I'm not exactly a bodybuilder, so I couldn't defend myself. And I'm just assuming that most guys can defend themselves, however, holding guitars, drumsticks, etc. might make that difficult. But rock concerts can be very prone to this, that's why there's security on the payroll, and it sounds like they need to step up!

DMelges
07-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Well, I guess it depends if you're a girl with muscles or not - I'm not exactly a bodybuilder, so I couldn't defend myself. And I'm just assuming that most guys can defend themselves, however, holding guitars, drumsticks, etc. might make that difficult. But rock concerts can be very prone to this, that's why there's security on the payroll, and it sounds like they need to step up!

Hey you can always use your drumsticks or guitar as a weapon... haha

For Real
07-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey you can always use your drumsticks or guitar as a weapon... haha

oh yeah, that's true - but I wouldn't wanna hurt anyone, gosh let the hired guards do that! lol

Streef
07-05-2010, 12:24 AM

It's temperment that matters more than gender or muscle mass in these situations, lol. There are plenty of sissy guys with twig arms. I'm a tiny girl but I'm still plenty dangerous when I want to be. :D

Smash punker
07-05-2010, 03:21 AM
offspring does not care. and why is okay at a smaller show? in milwaukee they usually dont even have security for the small bands. it was all in good fun, i mean ive had posters of them in my room/locker/notebooks, ect my whole life... AND I FUCKING TOUCHED NOODLES AND WAS NEXT TO DEXTER!!!!

So u touched Noodles. Not a big deal ;) n Dexterīs is a cool guy too. U donīt have to go nuts, just cuz of them :D n what Uīre gonna do next time?

I was at Anti-Flag here in Prague at Roxy club and there was Roxy club security and the band even told them to stay back and leave people alone. Also you can see a lot of videos with the same situation. Or at Rammstein show there was hired czech security group. I guess organizer of the show hires security.

Anti-flag is kinda different band than Offspring n they simply donīt like security at their shows. So I donīt ;) but at big venues itīs necessary

Free?
07-05-2010, 03:59 AM
You see, your arguments against him are based on every possible negative aspect of stage jumping you could come up with, you're not so much focused on his particular case. Everything Pie said certainly should be taken into consideration for everyone, especially those who advocate stage jumping, but it can't be applied in this case without knowing for sure of what happened. You don't blame a guy who simply crossed the street on red light for causing a car crash with numerous victims and destroyed part of the road.

Just don't judge him for things he could've done yet he didn't. Did he cause any damage to sound? Did he hurt anybody? What was his intention? Did the band really felt threatened or are they used to stage jumpers to the point where it wasn't a big deal at all? What kind of impact did it leave? You don't know.

Krojd
07-05-2010, 04:06 AM
Anti-flag is kinda different band than Offspring n they simply donīt like security at their shows. So I donīt ;) but at big venues itīs necessary

Yea but I mean the security is not hired by the band but by the organizer. I am not sure but I think so. At festivals it's 100% festival security but everybody knows that :D

randman21
07-05-2010, 04:28 AM
Sometimes, I think things are as much about what could happen. You don't play with fire because you could get burned. You don't drink and drive because you could hurt someone. You don't play Russian Roulette because you could blow your brains out. Stuff like that.

It's basically irrelevant what happened in this guy's case because Talking Pie is not so much berating the guy for what he did, but more the mentality of why the guy thought it was a good idea, and why he's wrong. We have no reason NOT to believe that he loves the band and his intentions were good and it was a few-second ordeal that was over fast. We know he's a screwball fan doing screwball things...but who knows what might happen next time he does this?

Tomasisko
07-05-2010, 04:42 AM
I'm also still waiting for a single counter-argument to any of my statements that isn't based around the concept of 'punk' making this okay.

"punk is making this okay" that's the biggest counter-argument. I don't know what you want to hear. If you wanna sit and watch, go to see some opera. I agree, at the big shows security is necessary, but when something like this stage jump happen, it seems, that the band will be always cool with that, because they count with such a situation. There was a lot of situations like that and their reaction was always positive...And please, don't say to me they just don't wanna look like assholes. I'm sure they rather want to have some stage jumpers at the concert, enjoying their music than some pussies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8hozoXlXq8

yeah, I really think they are cool with ONE fan jumping around them. If you want to, I can find more and newest videos... just for you ;)

Tomasisko
07-05-2010, 08:46 AM
It's quite obvious action like that is totally hopeless without band's initiative.

You didn't get my point.

Tomasisko
07-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Maybe, ok, why?

I was saying that according to this video (and many others that you can find on youtube) they don't mind jumping people on the stage. And if something like that happen, they take it with a smile

Tomasisko
07-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Does sth like someone jumped and dexter asked security to leave that guy or maybe even invited others, happen before?

No. Only Chuck Norris can sing a song and talk to the other people at the same time.

For Real
07-05-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm sure they rather want to have some stage divers at the concert, enjoying their music than some pussies.

Oh wow, first time for me seeing that video! Well, it looks like they are okay with fans onstage, jumping, and enjoying themselves - either that or they just took a huge risk - so those fans should consider themselves lucky indeed.

But, I have to wonder if they're only cool with it when they invite fans up? I say that because I remember seeing a video where upon seeing fans crashing barricades, Dexter yells, "Where's security!? I want my security!" So, it seems that it's a nice occurrence when it's controlled and doesn't make the band feel uncomfortable.

Truth be told, this particular fan (thread starter person) was smiling and jumping all around - to me that spells F-U-N. Because, someone who jumps onstage with intentional malice probably would not be smiling and you wouldn't be able to see both of their hands, because they would be up to no good (something I'm sure security is trained to be on the lookout for), God forbid that should ever happen at an Offspring concert, but as someone posted, it does happen.

Tomasisko
07-05-2010, 11:30 AM
I think you mixed it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wi3y3j_AdE

For Real
07-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I think you mixed it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wi3y3j_AdE

Oh there is that video! that's the one I was talking about. Yeah, I don't think I got the words completely right on that quote, but pretty close!

mario_spaghettio
07-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Not only should uninvited stage jumpers be thrown out, they should be roughed up and arrested. The show is not about you.

Little_Miss_1565
07-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Yea but I mean the security is not hired by the band but by the organizer. I am not sure but I think so. At festivals it's 100% festival security but everybody knows that :D

The band also has their own security person. I met him, and he is a gentleman and a badass. He gets my complete and total respect, and watching him tackle people at the show last summer made me giggle, just because it was watching a badass dude do what he does. And thus, because I have evidence that he fucking rules, it bothers me that some people have the attitude that they should make him work way harder than he might do otherwise.

It's basically irrelevant what happened in this guy's case because Talking Pie is not so much berating the guy for what he did, but more the mentality of why the guy thought it was a good idea, and why he's wrong. We have no reason NOT to believe that he loves the band and his intentions were good and it was a few-second ordeal that was over fast. We know he's a screwball fan doing screwball things...but who knows what might happen next time he does this?

This this this this this. No idea what the band's official stance is. but to compare and contrast two shows:

Converge at Santos Party House -- Pretty sure there was never a point at which several people were not onstage, stage diving and all kinds of ruckus. Venue security was monitoring the situation, but not doing anything, and only kicking people out for actual fistfighting. This was likely worked out in advance, so it's a good indication the band is down with it. Capacity: 500.

Offspring at Anywhere they play -- Even if the band is down with it, the venues can't allow it in any great numbers because of the probability the crowd becomes completely out of control. In a venue of thousands, can you imagine the chaos if even a dozen people start charging the stage? It just doesn't work. If you want to do it, and get kicked out of a show you paid a bunch of money for, that is your business so go ahead. But don't come on here saying you shouldn't have been kicked out, or get defensive if anyone else thinks that was silly idea.

mrconeman
07-05-2010, 12:40 PM
I can't believe how fucking stupid some of you people are. I honestly try not to come into GOD often because I just end up browbeating you people, Talking Pie/1565 are 100% completely undeniably correct.

Honestly, musicians do not thrive off that bullshit, GG Allin or some other fuck head might have, but hes not a musician, he was a moron, theres a difference. As someone else mentioned, a fan jumped up on stage at a recent Slash solo show, and rushed Slash from behind, and smashed into him at pretty quick pace, and busted Slash's guitar, the guitar went completely out of tune, and he had to stop playing, until a roadie or whatever handed him a different guitar. You honestly think Slash thrived on that experience? Not only that, but it was during the Sweet Child O Mine solo of all things, you *REALLY* think the audience enjoyed missing out on that solo...the reason half of them were there was to hear it.

Right, it's a rock and roll show, some things are to be expected, but that's just fucking RETARDED. Why in the name of FUCK would any of you get the urge to jump on stage at a show? What is it going to accomplish? Seriously I want to know? So you're a couple of meters closer to the people you claim to be a fan of? They're just people, they're there to play music, thats why you're there, to listen, so shut the fuck up, stay in the audience and listen, don't run up and touch them like some crazed stalker idiot, you're only going to put them off.

Like a year ago or so, Noel Gallagher from Oasis, same situation, broken ribs, cancelled concert, the singer of the band charged at the fan ready to batter him personally never mind letting security do it, and you people honestly thing bands enjoy this shit? Fuck.

And that's the serious cases, along with the obvious Dimebag story, but I mean even if it's some shit like getting on stage and tripping over a cable, something I seen personally myself at two or three shows, it fucks everyone over, the audience, the band, the security, the venue owners, and for what? So you can get your retarded 3 seconds of annoying fame? Fuck off.

Harleyquiiinn
07-05-2010, 12:47 PM
If you want to do it, and get kicked out of a show you paid a bunch of money for, that is your business so go ahead. But don't come on here saying you shouldn't have been kicked out, or get defensive if anyone else thinks that was silly idea.

Just to be fair, unless I read wrong, the guy didn't complain he was kicked out. He even implied it was normal...

For the rest, I completely agree with Free?. I wouldn't have said it better.

Dexter_italy
07-05-2010, 01:59 PM
I can't believe how fucking stupid some of you people are. I honestly try not to come into GOD often because I just end up browbeating you people, Talking Pie/1565 are 100% completely undeniably correct.

Honestly, musicians do not thrive off that bullshit, GG Allin or some other fuck head might have, but hes not a musician, he was a moron, theres a difference. As someone else mentioned, a fan jumped up on stage at a recent Slash solo show, and rushed Slash from behind, and smashed into him at pretty quick pace, and busted Slash's guitar, the guitar went completely out of tune, and he had to stop playing, until a roadie or whatever handed him a different guitar. You honestly think Slash thrived on that experience? Not only that, but it was during the Sweet Child O Mine solo of all things, you *REALLY* think the audience enjoyed missing out on that solo...the reason half of them were there was to hear it.

Right, it's a rock and roll show, some things are to be expected, but that's just fucking RETARDED. Why in the name of FUCK would any of you get the urge to jump on stage at a show? What is it going to accomplish? Seriously I want to know? So you're a couple of meters closer to the people you claim to be a fan of? They're just people, they're there to play music, thats why you're there, to listen, so shut the fuck up, stay in the audience and listen, don't run up and touch them like some crazed stalker idiot, you're only going to put them off.

Like a year ago or so, Noel Gallagher from Oasis, same situation, broken ribs, cancelled concert, the singer of the band charged at the fan ready to batter him personally never mind letting security do it, and you people honestly thing bands enjoy this shit? Fuck.

And that's the serious cases, along with the obvious Dimebag story, but I mean even if it's some shit like getting on stage and tripping over a cable, something I seen personally myself at two or three shows, it fucks everyone over, the audience, the band, the security, the venue owners, and for what? So you can get your retarded 3 seconds of annoying fame? Fuck off.

It seems that here people like to insult the other for just having a different opinion..... you don't like people jumping on stage? good for you. We don't know what the band likes or not, I'm sure that it's annoying to be takled while you're playing, but it's not annoying if a fan passes near you o sings with you... it all depends on people...it's always about people, if you jump an beheave as an asshole then you're annoying... if you don't do anything you won't be annoying and bother the band. As for security it's their job to keep people down and catch those who try to jump up. they can be as nice as you want but it's their job come on...
Really don't see always things black or white, good or bad. :eek:

mrconeman
07-05-2010, 02:08 PM
You see, you've just said "and if they behave like an asshole.." as if jumping on stage isn't doing that already, because that's exactly what it is.
For Christ sake there are bands (alot of them too) that don't even allow audience members to take photographs because the flash photography can be distracting, there is just no possible chance in hell that any musician enjoys a maniac running into his personal space when hes trying to perform a gig.

Dexter_italy
07-05-2010, 02:37 PM
You see, you've just said "and if they behave like an asshole.." as if jumping on stage isn't doing that already, because that's exactly what it is.
For Christ sake there are bands (alot of them too) that don't even allow audience members to take photographs because the flash photography can be distracting, there is just no possible chance in hell that any musician enjoys a maniac running into his personal space when hes trying to perform a gig.

Bands or shows where taking photos isn't allowed has nothing to do with distraction... but it is because photos are selled...and photographs pay to do some. a flash isn't nothing more distracting than lights during the show. Jumping on stage isn't being assholes, is just having fun, it's something so normal... it always happened and always will...

mrconeman
07-05-2010, 02:48 PM
As one singular example, Shane McGowan of The Pogues has spoken out against photography several times because he finds it really annoying when hes on stage, thats one example. Bands find photography distracting, it might not even be the flash, it's just the fact that someones pointing a camera at you the entire time you're on stage trying to perform. But that's a completely different issue, let it rest.

Just because it happens doesn't mean it should, which again is exactly why venues and performers have security guards lined up the entire length of the stage, just because the moron performing the act finds it fun, doesn't stop it from having the potential to at best piss some people off, and at worst ruin the entire show. Plain and simple, if it has the potential to ruin the show, it just shouldn't fucking happen. I mean hey, I have fun lighting campfires, but I don't light them in the middle of a venue during a rock gig because people can get hurt.

nieh
07-05-2010, 03:32 PM
I mean hey, I have fun lighting campfires, but I don't light them in the middle of a venue during a rock gig because people can get hurt.

And cause you're not punx enough.

mrconeman
07-05-2010, 03:39 PM
onoes you've hurt my punx creds :(:(:(

jacknife737
07-05-2010, 04:13 PM
This this this this this. No idea what the band's official stance is. but to compare and contrast two shows:

Converge at Santos Party House -- Pretty sure there was never a point at which several people were onstage, stage diving and all kinds of ruckus. Venue security was monitoring the situation, but not doing anything, and only kicking people out for actual fistfighting. This was likely worked out in advance, so it's a good indication the band is down with it. Capacity: 500.

Offspring at Anywhere they play -- Even if the band is down with it, the venues can't allow it in any great numbers because of the probability the crowd becomes completely out of control. In a venue of thousands, can you imagine the chaos if even a dozen people start charging the stage? It just doesn't work. If you want to do it, and get kicked out of a show you paid a bunch of money for, that is your business so go ahead. But don't come on here saying you shouldn't have been kicked out, or get defensive if anyone else thinks that was silly idea.

Word.

The offspring don't play basement shows, or places like Gilman Street anymore: just enjoy the band playing rather than trying to cause aNaRkY or whatevs.

Krojd
07-05-2010, 04:30 PM
I remember seeing a video where upon seeing fans crashing barricades, Dexter yells, "Where's security!? I want my security!"

I cant believe you actually thought that Dexter was serious about that, I really cant.

Tomasisko
07-05-2010, 04:33 PM
I cant believe you actually thought that Dexter was serious about that, I really cant.

Well, I thought it's obvious it was an irony

F@ BANKZ
07-05-2010, 04:39 PM
why's this thread so long? who cares?

_Lost_
07-05-2010, 07:23 PM
You can't say they don't care. You have no way of knowing if or how much it bothers them. I swear I've seen a couple of those big burly guards at more than one concert and turning up in pictures of concerts I didn't go to. Sarah (who probably knows more about this band than anyone else here) just TOLD you all that they have their own security guy who, I'm sure, works very hard to make sure the venue follows the bands security protocol. Why else would they keep one on staff?

I FUCKING TOUCHED NOODLES AND WAS NEXT TO DEXTER!!!!
HEY LOOK! I FUCKING TOUCHED NOODLES AND WAS NEXT TO DEXTER! (heheh and Noodles touched me back...:eek:)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/lost_nvrfound/The%20Offspring%20Greensboro%20NC%20April%2015%202 009/4211617.jpg

offspring dont care dexter was laughin bout it.
Just because they are seasoned showmen who know how to handle situations like that with class, does not mean that they don't care.

Please take the time to refer to 1565's last post.

Word to the wise: People change over time.

They were playing Session for chrissake! Thats gotta make that video pre-2000 AT LEAST. How can you compare that to now?

PAC90
07-05-2010, 08:23 PM
I think The Offspring have security guards because they might actually get attacked like slash or noel from Oasis. That doesn't mean they mind that a random fan jumped on stage just for the fun of it cause from what was described the whole thing seemed pretty harmless. Maybe the band doesn't mind it much cause they even put a video of TKAA live where a fan jumps on stage and dexter even smiles about it. I think if they were really against it they would have put that particular video out of the complete music video collection.

DMelges
07-05-2010, 08:52 PM
I think The Offspring have security guards because they might actually get attacked like slash or noel from Oasis. That doesn't mean they mind that a random fan jumped on stage just for the fun of it cause from what was described the whole thing seemed pretty harmless. Maybe the band doesn't mind it much cause they even put a video of TKAA live where a fan jumps on stage and dexter even smiles about it. I think if they were really against it they would have put that particular video out of the complete music video collection.

It's not about wether the band likes fans on stage or not. It's about security. The fans who jump on stage can easily hurt the band members, such as what happend to Noel and Slash. You're taking that risk once some crazy ass fan jumps on stage.

smileemptysoul44
07-05-2010, 11:11 PM
yeah people have been hurt but that was not my intention. i wanted to get on stage next to my favorite band, and did. i wanst tryina hurt anyone, i just jumped up and down next to dexter and barley touched noodles (i didnt mean to it was rite when i jumed on) and then i ran from security for a few seconds just to make it a good time. im sorry other dumb asses have hurt ppl but that was not my intention. i saw an oppurtunity and took advatage of it. i even told a guard b4 the show i jumped on stage to puddle of mudd 2 years ago and that i was gonna try again so thats there fault for not preventing me.

Little_Miss_1565
07-05-2010, 11:43 PM
i even told a guard b4 the show i jumped on stage to puddle of mudd 2 years ago and that i was gonna try again so thats there fault for not preventing me.

I...I just can't

Tomasisko
07-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Word to the wise: People change over time.

They were playing Session for chrissake! Thats gotta make that video pre-2000 AT LEAST. How can you compare that to now?

I've changed and I still love The Offspring. If they had no problem with stage jumpers in the past, it's quite obvious they don't mind and they understand people who want to have fun at their show

Krojd
07-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Well, I thought it's obvious it was an irony

Hehe, as you can see it wasn't so obvious for everyone :D

Budzy
07-06-2010, 03:22 AM
yeah people have been hurt but that was not my intention. i wanted to get on stage next to my favorite band, and did. i wanst tryina hurt anyone, i just jumped up and down next to dexter and barley touched noodles (i didnt mean to it was rite when i jumed on) and then i ran from security for a few seconds just to make it a good time. im sorry other dumb asses have hurt ppl but that was not my intention. i saw an oppurtunity and took advatage of it. i even told a guard b4 the show i jumped on stage to puddle of mudd 2 years ago and that i was gonna try again so thats there fault for not preventing me.

I wouldn't bother man, this ain't the place to try and reason with people. Soon as an argument arises the same army of douchebags join in and back eachother up.

Gaul
07-06-2010, 07:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfJroHKnNNA

Free?
07-06-2010, 09:26 AM
yeah people have been hurt but that was not my intention. i wanted to get on stage next to my favorite band, and did. i wanst tryina hurt anyone, i just jumped up and down next to dexter and barley touched noodles (i didnt mean to it was rite when i jumed on) and then i ran from security for a few seconds just to make it a good time. im sorry other dumb asses have hurt ppl but that was not my intention. i saw an oppurtunity and took advatage of it.
Just take into consideration what Pie and others said to you, they do have a point. You know, better safe than sorry.

i even told a guard b4 the show i jumped on stage to puddle of mudd 2 years ago and that i was gonna try again so thats there fault for not preventing me.

Did you have a warning light flashing on top of your head all the time at least?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfJroHKnNNA

more like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJnL8bRxigg

_Lost_
07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
I've changed and I still love The Offspring. If they had no problem with stage jumpers in the past, it's quite obvious they don't mind and they understand people who want to have fun at their show

Understanding the desire for people to jump on stage and not caring certainly aren't one in the same.

Until you can show documentation of present day Offspring saying that they don't care if people wanna jump on stage and tackle them like that chick in the TKAA video that keeps getting mentioned, you can't make that kind of argument.

Btw, you all are failing to make a distinction between people wanting to stage dive and people climbing on stage to be all "HEY LOOK AT ME HEAD BANGING NEXT TO DEXTER" Stage diving is more of what you would get a small venue punk rock how. All 'trupunx" and crap like that.

Tomasisko
07-06-2010, 10:20 AM
more like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJnL8bRxigg

yeah... the best video :cool: I believe Dexter was pissed off as fuck. He's just a great actor :rolleyes:

ArtificialLife
07-06-2010, 10:26 AM
There's obviously two sides to this argument. Yes, it's a rock concert and this stuff is supposed to (and should) happen! However, keep in mind it is 2010 and rock shows aren't what they used to be. Security security security. Back in the day whatever few security guards they had would just throw you back in the crowd and let you do it again. But that was The Offspring in the early - mid 90's.

Not only have the times changed, The Offspring have changed. If this was a "punk" show as some of you are claiming, they would not be playing in an amphitheater with 311. Technically, it's not a punk show. It's a large scale rock concert. In this setting, it's hardly acceptable to jump up on stage unfortunately. And while the band may have promoted this behavior in the past, they likely think differently of it today given the context of their shows.

Tomasisko
07-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Until you can show documentation of present day Offspring saying that they don't care if people wanna jump on stage and tackle them like that chick in the TKAA video that keeps getting mentioned, you can't make that kind of argument.

omg I didn't say they don't care. I said (x times before) they are cool with that if something like that happen. That's all I am saying. Video with this chick is just an another proof.

Little_Miss_1565
07-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Again, as I and many others in this thread have mentioned, what is appropriate at smaller punk shows is not necessarily what's appropriate at a summer amphitheater tour. No idea how the band feels about it, but the fact that people who jump on stage get kicked out of the show should probably indicate whether or not this is acceptable behavior for this set of circumstances.

smileemptysoul44
07-06-2010, 11:41 AM
if you guys are trying to pull this safety bullshit why would it be okay at a smaller show? its all in good fun and people are acting like i killed the president. most people just dont got the balls to do what i did.

Little_Miss_1565
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah, sure, it's all in good fun, but I think what people are taking issue with is your attitude more than your actions. It's certainly what I'm feeling a negative reaction to, at least. If it's "balls" to get yourself kicked out of a show, then sure, balls away.

I'm really not sure how much more I can try to explain why it works at a smaller show and not an enormous one. Huge shows have to have more rules, not only for crowd control and safety but also for the equipment involved and all manner of things. A couple hundred people in a room is not the same thing as several thousand people in a room. A lot more can go wrong with several thousand people in a room, hence the need for more rules, and more security to enforce those rules.

DMelges
07-06-2010, 12:02 PM
most people just dont got the balls to do what i did.

No, most people are just smarter. People don't want to get kicked out of shows.

The Talking Pie
07-06-2010, 12:34 PM
I...I just can't

Indeed.

but I think what people are taking issue with is your attitude more than your actions

Exactly. I don't care that you done it. I care that you think it's fucking awesome that you done it.

mario_spaghettio
07-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Please stop deleting my replies please. Thanks

ArtificialLife
07-06-2010, 02:06 PM
If you wish to engage in this behavior at a show and not get kicked out there are still plenty of underground bands/shows that play at venues allowing it. The Offspring are no longer one of those bands. They are too commercial and have reached a status linked with rules and tight security. Thus your behavior within' the context of a modern day Offspring show is frowned upon. Maybe that's unfortunate, but that's how it is.

_Lost_
07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
I like how you are all "I fucking touched noodles!" and then when people cry foul, you respond with "well it was just barely and I didn't mean to touch him" .

smileemptysoul44
07-06-2010, 05:55 PM
whats wrong with my attitude? im excited i was onstage next to my idols. il probably never have another opportunity to get near them. i can tell my kids this story. and it was worth missing a few songs to be next to thoes guys.

DMelges
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
whats wrong with my attitude? im excited i was onstage next to my idols. il probably never have another opportunity to get near them. i can tell my kids this story. and it was worth missing a few songs to be next to thoes guys.

LOL

So basically this entire thread is useless because you haven't understood one word from anyone here.

Glad you had fun. But next time, stay in the crowd.

Little_Miss_1565
07-06-2010, 10:50 PM
Please stop deleting my replies please. Thanks

Please stop wishing violence on other forum members.

Oxygene
07-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Why have I never felt the urge to jump around on stage like a clown and kiss and touch Dexter?

mario_spaghettio
07-07-2010, 02:12 AM
Please stop wishing violence on other forum members.I never wished violence upon anybody. I just believe the threat or consequence of violence can be an effective deterrent to unwanted behavior. A punch in the mouth speaks louder than a slap on the wrist. That's all.

Little_Miss_1565
07-07-2010, 05:06 AM
I never wished violence upon anybody. I just believe the threat or consequence of violence can be an effective deterrent to unwanted behavior. A punch in the mouth speaks louder than a slap on the wrist. That's all.

That's great. It's still getting deleted. Not appropriate here.

_Lost_
07-07-2010, 08:53 AM
il probably never have another opportunity to get near them.

Just ask Oxy... All you gotta do is go to shows and not act like a douche.

Tomasisko
07-07-2010, 10:47 AM

you have my support ;) I'm sure it was a great moment for you. You know what? I envy you :D Someday I wanna be on stage with them too :cool:

Apathy
07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
You weren't that great bud. You were on stage for maybe 5-10 seconds and you twitched and ran around nervously like a frightened rabbit because you knew security was about to rock your shit.

smileemptysoul44
07-07-2010, 06:26 PM
it was over 10 seconds forsure dude, and who cares what i looked like i was on stage mother fucker. of course i ran nervously that truck was running at me and i knew i was getting tackled.

Oxygene
07-08-2010, 01:21 AM
it was over 10 seconds forsure dude, and who cares what i looked like i was on stage mother fucker. of course i ran nervously that truck was running at me and i knew i was getting tackled.

I know that feeling, last time I dicked around too long and the next song had already started and I had the head of security charging at me ready to tackle me :)

For Real
07-08-2010, 02:33 AM
omg, 16 pages and counting...

just leave the kid alone for crying out loud! In this particular case he meant no harm and was having fun and is here to brag, um SHARE his experience with all of you and make some of you jealous in the process.

he's obviously still glowing from this moment, kid you had your moment of fame - enjoy it :)

that's my 2 cents. g'night! :p :)

Budzy
07-08-2010, 04:55 AM
omg, 16 pages and counting...

just leave the kid alone for crying out loud! In this particular case he meant no harm and was having fun and is here to brag, um SHARE his experience with all of you and make some of you jealous in the process.

he's obviously still glowing from this moment, kid you had your moment of fame - enjoy it :)

that's my 2 cents. g'night! :p :)

Yeah, for real!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA see what I did there?

No but seriously, I agree.

Zak74
07-08-2010, 09:08 AM
it's punk-rock, man!

Noodles 4 Noodles
07-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Am I really gonna be the first to link this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8hozoXlXq8

Noodles doesn't seem to enjoy it that much but Dexter is loving it lol

smileemptysoul44
07-09-2010, 03:44 PM
this dude on youtube said he has me tapped just hasnt put it up yet. il post it on here when he puts it on youtube.

randman21
07-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Am I really gonna be the first to link this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8hozoXlXq8

No.........

:D

mario_spaghettio
07-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Serious question, should venue security make regular use of the taser to deter fans like smileemptysoul44 from disrupting the musical performance? Here are some of the affects that the taser has on the human body. Nothing too severe really.

Neuromuscular Incapacitation
The Taser is a weapon that uses an electrical discharge to temporarily interrupt a target's voluntary control of his muscles. The gun works by disrupting the nervous system, which is essentially an organic electricity grid. The resulting state is technically called neuromuscular incapacitation (NMI). While in the state of NMI, the "stunned" individual experiences an inability of the brain's electric signals to reach and control body muscles, with the overall effect of being involuntarily immobilized and incapacitated. The initial sensation to the Taser's electric charge is pain, but this quickly turns into an awkward and possibly alarming condition of muscle spasms, confusion and an involuntary movement. Typical reactions include falling to the ground, screaming and vertigo. When used appropriately, all these effects of a Taser weapon dissipate in a matter of seconds or minutes.
Controversy
Although the Taser gun is classed as a nonlethal weapon, Amnesty International (AI) has documented more than 245 deaths worldwide that occurred after a shock from a Taser. These deaths might not be directly related to the Taser in all cases, but AI believes demonstrations of the Taser's safety are misleading because they do not accurately represent how the weapon is used by police in the field, where repeated and prolonged shocks are not unusual. The electric discharge produced by the Taser is identical in every case and is not strong enough to produce electrocution or to jump from one individual to another. To demonstrate this, the president of Taser International, the manufacturer of the weapon, has been publicly tasered while standing in water, to no serious ill effect. Nevertheless, police and military, who are routinely shocked with the Taser in the course of their training, have filed suit against Taser International in at least five states, claiming serious injuries related to their training. The company was ordered in 2008 to pay $6 million to the family of a man who died the day after being shocked repeatedly by officers using Tasers. Later that year, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police have discontinued the use of all Tasers produced before 2006.
Use of Tasers
Though the vast majority of people shocked with Tasers suffer no lasting effects, part of the Taser controversy is how the weapons are used, and the implications of this use. Police officers in the United States generally carry Tasers, even the ones assigned to public schools. This has resulted in several children being Tasered, including a 6-year old boy and 12-year-old girl in Miami, and a 15-year-old boy in Michigan who died soon after. Though Taser International claims its weapons are safe on people weighing more than 60 pounds, and some school officials laud the guns as effective tools of intimidation, use of Tasers on schoolchildren remains controversial. Other concerns center on the use of Tasers as a means of political suppression, since they are more likely to be used on protesters than conventional weapons, and that their nonlethal designation masks potential risks to nonviolent demonstrators. A pregnant woman Tasered in 2005 brought attention to these risks, especially regarding people with health risks that might not be immediately apparent to a police officer. That same year, the Taser was criticized as a potential means of torture after a Texas inmate died from cardiac arrest in the wake of nearly three minutes of continuous shock from police Tasers.
Resources

Read more: The Effects of Taser Gun | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4923539_effects-taser-gun.html#ixzz0tFl6KdPR

For Real
07-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Serious question, should venue security make regular use of the taser to deter fans like smileemptysoul44 from disrupting the musical performance?

Hell fuckin' NO!!! Are you outta your mind???

uggghhhh!!!

smileemptysoul44
07-10-2010, 12:45 PM
geez dude you make this seem like a medical site. but yea no taser is stopping smileemptysoul44 from jumping on stage. the only way i wouldnt is if i got a ticket, but so far im 2/2, my goal is 10 before i die.

Noodles 4 Noodles
07-10-2010, 01:17 PM
No.........

:D

Haha ok good. I read through the first few pages and didnt see it.

LeeRain
07-10-2010, 04:32 PM
You weren't that great bud. You were on stage for maybe 5-10 seconds and you twitched and ran around nervously like a frightened rabbit because you knew security was about to rock your shit

randman21
07-10-2010, 04:55 PM
lolz. Even spam bots are ripping this guy a new one, the only way they know how.

TheOldMark
07-12-2010, 08:44 AM
you shouldnt touch them when you go on stage, thats not cool. unless they try to high five you or something. Noodles once got stabbed on stage, yknow, they worry about crazy people like that trying to hurt them.

Lord Phidias
07-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Noodles once got stabbed on stage, yknow, they worry about crazy people like that trying to hurt them.

Omg, I would like to read that story...

dff_punk
07-12-2010, 11:42 AM
You weren't that great bud. You were on stage for maybe 5-10 seconds and you twitched and ran around nervously like a frightened rabbit because you knew security was about to rock your shit

This is just awesome. If only I can befriend it.

Stza
07-12-2010, 12:04 PM

I saw you!

smileemptysoul44
07-12-2010, 12:07 PM
video by chance????

smileemptysoul44
07-13-2010, 12:34 PM
this is the video. you see me at about 6:45. i was on the stage a few seconds before im seen on camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhYk_EK5t8&annotation_id=annotation_555108&feature=iv

mario_spaghettio
07-13-2010, 12:41 PM
this is the video. you see me at about 6:45. i was on the stage a few seconds before im seen on camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhYk_EK5t8&annotation_id=annotation_555108&feature=ivHaha, what kind of dance was that? Next time you should wait until the last song so you don't miss as much of the show.

smileemptysoul44
07-13-2010, 12:43 PM
yea but you dont get alot of oppurtunities. there was at least 8-10 guards by the bottom of the stage. then they ran to get a body surfer

_Lost_
07-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Geeze, you nearly ran dexter down!

smileemptysoul44
07-13-2010, 12:57 PM
haha nah maybe noodles but you cant see it from the angle this dude was on.

The Talking Pie
07-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Ah, now I see Dexter's warm acceptance of your stage invasion! Oh, wait...

_Lost_
07-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Ah, now I see Dexter's warm acceptance of your stage invasion! Oh, wait...

Something like *Dexter backs away startled, trying not to get bowled over. Plays it off as best as a professional can*

For Real
07-13-2010, 09:15 PM
You weren't that great bud. You were on stage for maybe 5-10 seconds and you twitched and ran around nervously like a frightened rabbit because you knew security was about to rock your shitThis is just awesome. If only I can befriend it.

hmmm... should I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr-Li_VuPpA

I think their babies will be called 'cabbits', lol :D

WhoIsGregK
07-14-2010, 12:28 AM
I dont know why a lot of people are getting mad. I think its fine

mario_spaghettio
07-14-2010, 12:56 AM
yea but you dont get alot of oppurtunities. there was at least 8-10 guards by the bottom of the stage. then they ran to get a body surferlol that's great. Carpe diem!

Budzy
07-14-2010, 02:40 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhYk_EK5t8&annotation_id=annotation_555108&feature=iv

Hahaha and during Genocide too, epic!

Krojd
07-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Geeze, you nearly ran dexter down!

Oh come ooon! He's like two metres behind Dexter. And it looks to me Dexter was just making space for stage-dive.

dexterone
07-14-2010, 11:21 AM
hey,you are the man! wow....it was cool to see you on the stage...fucking epic

smileemptysoul44
07-14-2010, 01:11 PM
defenitly a story for the ages. i cant wait til next year lol

dbroncos59
07-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Good going dude! hahah ironically enough(referring to somebody bringing up the thrown shoe in woodstock) somebody threw a shoe in philly xD missed everybody though Greg was just like wtf. Good times

WhoIsGregK
07-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Good going dude! hahah ironically enough(referring to somebody bringing up the thrown shoe in woodstock) somebody threw a shoe in philly xD missed everybody though Greg was just like wtf. Good times

Is there video of it somewhere?

dbroncos59
07-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Is there video of it somewhere?

Not sure. I think it was towards the end of You're Gonna Go Far Kid though so if there's a vid of that, you might be able to see it.

nancyoff
07-18-2010, 10:41 PM
OMG for real??!!
I would do it too!!!
I feel butterflies just to think on that!!!
:p

awesome!!!:D

smileemptysoul44
07-19-2010, 08:15 PM
i deff had more than butterflies. did u ssee the video of me? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhYk_EK5t8&annotation_id=annotation_555108&feature=iv i do it round the 6:45 mark

RyanSabotage
07-22-2010, 02:21 PM
offspring is a punk band, more people need to jump on stage and grab the mic and go nuts. security needs to throw them back in the crowd, not boot them. fat mike once said "when did punk rock get so safe?"

cool 2 hate 681
07-22-2010, 02:41 PM
i deff had more than butterflies. did u ssee the video of me? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkhYk_EK5t8&annotation_id=annotation_555108&feature=iv i do it round the 6:45 mark

that's awesome:cool:

Little_Miss_1565
07-22-2010, 03:25 PM
offspring is a punk band, more people need to jump on stage and grab the mic and go nuts. security needs to throw them back in the crowd, not boot them. fat mike once said "when did punk rock get so safe?"

Answer: When they stopped being punk rock shows. These are amphitheaters, not Coney Island High, you guys. Major, major difference.

RyanSabotage
07-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Answer: When they stopped being punk rock shows. These are amphitheaters, not Coney Island High, you guys. Major, major difference.

well they gotta stop playing shows the size of Van Halen concerts.
there nowhere near that.

_Lost_
07-22-2010, 06:40 PM
well they gotta stop playing shows the size of Van Halen concerts.
there nowhere near that.

I don't think the Offspring could sell out a venue the size of the ones van halen does. here, the van halen show in '08 sold out in a couple of hours.

smileemptysoul44
03-06-2011, 08:14 PM
that video never gets old to me

Oxygene
03-06-2011, 08:25 PM
that video never gets old to me

don't bump useless old threads plz

emmylou
03-07-2011, 03:14 AM

nursing lol ????? not acceptable but something i have ha happen to me on many many occassions !!!!!!!!

sortmanSly
03-08-2011, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6u6if4OAs
Look at this, this is so cool. Everyone on the stage.

smileemptysoul44
03-08-2011, 08:17 PM
thoes fans were very lucky, but i like my incident because i had a small window and took it, and i ran from security while on stage. craziest moment of my life.

Oxygene
03-08-2011, 11:16 PM
Booooooooooohhhhh
ring

Pekelandia
03-09-2011, 04:23 AM
nursing lol ????? don't bump