PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis Show

TurkeyneckTuna
07-02-2010, 11:42 PM
I would like to use this forum to apologize to the band for St. Louis having such crappy fans! I am ashamed to say that I am from this town...I mean I really feel sorry for you guys that you have to come to a place where APPARENTLY you have to have a rapper in your band, that raps the SAME WAY to every song, I might add, in order for people to get into your music! I mean for the LOVE OF PETE!!! This town blows as a music town. We do have a plethora of hardcore bands though...if you like to listen to people make pig noises into a microphone all day long! In what world should THE OFFSPRING be OPENING for 311 anyway!!!!!! Come on. I mean no dissrespect to 311. They did play well, and Chad Sexton is a great drummer...little boring until the drum solo, but a great drummer none the less. But, seriously! It is like a slap in The Offspring's face to be the openers. Just the way I feel. You guys played amazing though!! Eighth time I've seen you live. You jammed alot of songs into the short slot you were given. Just feel bad that you cant get one little 14 year old st. louis kid to jump up and down until you play Pretty Fly For a White Guy!! It's always been this way, and it will prolly never change. I want to move. Guess I should just fall in line and start listening to Hinder or something rediculous like white chapel or something. I could go on....but I'm going to stop.

Lord_Gabo
07-03-2010, 02:43 AM
that's a shame... people like you can change that shit!

Jojan
07-03-2010, 04:13 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

mklemp92
07-03-2010, 05:28 AM
I can see hoe you would be upset about 311 headlining, but the same thing happened to me with Weezer last summer. They opened for Blink-182, which is complete bullshit. But this IS 311's tour and The Offspring are just the openers.

I, for one, am happy that 311 are headlining, they are the only band that I love a little bit more than The Offspring, but believe me, i love them both. Plus, this is my first 311 show, I am stoked! While I have seen the offspring before

BigFish
07-03-2010, 11:07 AM
I wonder if Jojan has ever made a post and wasn't a complete cock.

Supa
07-03-2010, 12:17 PM
I would like to use this forum to apologize to the band for St. Louis having such crappy fans! I am ashamed to say that I am from this town...I mean I really feel sorry for you guys that you have to come to a place where APPARENTLY you have to have a rapper in your band, that raps the SAME WAY to every song, I might add, in order for people to get into your music! I mean for the LOVE OF PETE!!! This town blows as a music town. We do have a plethora of hardcore bands though...if you like to listen to people make pig noises into a microphone all day long! In what world should THE OFFSPRING be OPENING for 311 anyway!!!!!! Come on. I mean no dissrespect to 311. They did play well, and Chad Sexton is a great drummer...little boring until the drum solo, but a great drummer none the less. But, seriously! It is like a slap in The Offspring's face to be the openers. Just the way I feel. You guys played amazing though!! Eighth time I've seen you live. You jammed alot of songs into the short slot you were given. Just feel bad that you cant get one little 14 year old st. louis kid to jump up and down until you play Pretty Fly For a White Guy!! It's always been this way, and it will prolly never change. I want to move. Guess I should just fall in line and start listening to Hinder or something rediculous like white chapel or something. I could go on....but I'm going to stop.

I was there and was into it...where were you seated?

RedVikingsCO1
07-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I hope I'm not the only one that thinks its complete bullshit that the offspring OPENS for 311 when clearly it should be the other way around... (at the very least, i wouldn't even have 311 on my tour if it were up to me)

Supa
07-04-2010, 07:13 PM
311 isn't bad, it's just that I would prefer them opening for The Offspring.

tayluhhx3
07-04-2010, 07:20 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragraph

I happened to think this was pretty funny.

Jaded skies
07-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Hmmm its a shame i had to work that night so i couldnt make it. I dont think STL is all that bad of a music town though. i mean, the crowd was absolutely PUMPED for them at pointfest awhile back. shit, the entire lawn was filled up. and the lighters/cellphones for Gone Away was awesome.

randman21
07-05-2010, 03:02 AM
Huh. This is certainly a change of pace. While it's still a bit of a sad occasion, it's refreshing to see someone make an account just to rant about their city, rather than the band's set. Furthermore, I was very curious as to whether the video of "You'll Find a Way" in STL was just a fluke or if the audience was actually comatose the whole time.

Supa
07-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I managed to get video from The Kids Aren't Alright through The Guns Of Brixton, and the audience was pretty dead. I'll upload my videos today-they aren't great, but you can hear the song and see some shoddy camera work from yours truly.

joshgenis
07-05-2010, 04:44 PM
when i see them in concert i wanna rock out to the songs, but i dnt know if im ganna do it if no one else does. then again, fuck everyone else. im going for offspring and if im the only one going crazy for them then so be it, i wont be embarrassed