PDA

View Full Version : A Tour Devoted To The Other Songs.... How About It?

Paul22085
07-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Not sure if this has been a thread before, I'm sure it has sometime in the past. But it would be kick ass if The Offspring were to do a tour devoted strictly to the older stuff as well as songs they don't normally play live or have ever played live in recent years. I'm talking about songs like Jennifer Lost The War, Kick Him When He's Down, etc, as well as songs from Ixnay, Americana, Conspiracy Of One, Splinter, and Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace, such as Cool To Hate, No Brakes, All Along, Never Gonna Find Me, and Rise And Fall. Even rare released songs like Hand Grenades and DUI for example would be awesome as well. Of course they could throw in the usual Come Out And Play and Self Esteem (because it wouldn't be an Offspring show without those two songs). Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Offspring live whenever they play, just hoping that one day they may do a tour devoted to playing songs like that. One can only wonder, right?

DMelges
07-03-2010, 10:43 PM
That would be cool, but it'll never happen....

tayluhhx3
07-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I'd DEF be stoked for that show.

one hundred punks
07-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Zero chance as they'd actually have to learn and rehearse those songs for the tour. Awesome idea though.

mizbanger98
07-04-2010, 08:31 PM
dude, this is like my dream

S.I.F.U
07-05-2010, 01:15 AM
that would be amazing but im not sure if they could sell tickets.

joshgenis
07-05-2010, 06:19 AM
forever and a day live would be the best

ivexSerbia
07-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Man, that would be .........uh! Ass-kicking, heart-stopping, ball-breaking experience

Krojd
07-05-2010, 07:43 AM
I would pay thousands for show like that.

Greekoldfan
07-05-2010, 08:21 AM
great idea but, I think it is easier to go back to time to listen forever and a day live than the offspring to make a tour like this

nevo
07-05-2010, 08:37 AM
You forgot When you're in prison! x]

Krojd
07-05-2010, 03:32 PM
great idea but, I think it is easier to go back to time to listen forever and a day live than the offspring to make a tour like this

It wouldn't be about one song only. 10-12 rare songs and some hits.

dff_punk
07-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Look at how the Lightning Rod campaign worked out in Croatia. Perhaps if everyone could agree on one other not-so-played song... wait, that seems impossible to me. Everyone is spoiled and everyone wants something else, hehe.

nameless
07-05-2010, 04:29 PM
id love to hear the older songs live but i thought part of the reason they dont play them is because they didnt carry too well in th arenas they play these days?!

F@ BANKZ
07-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Occasional club shows are the way forward, with a few off the wall belters thrown into the mix. I'd probably feel a little weird going to an offspring show and having now idea what to expect, but yeah, might be nice too.

Supa
07-05-2010, 08:59 PM
I'd pay a hundred for tickets to that show, easily.

Paul22085
07-05-2010, 09:41 PM
You forgot When you're in prison! x]

Actually, I've heard them play that live before when I saw them live in Chicago at the Aragon Ballroom back in 2005 I think it was... when the show was over and everyone was leaving haha... they just played the recording of it. But honestly I've been thinking all weekend about a tour devoted to the old songs and songs they don't normally play live and I think they would do quite well with it. I think you'd get some pretty sizeable crowds as well as fans who aren't too familiar with their older stuff or fans who may just know all of their singles. I'm also sure The Offspring would feel pretty damn good playing all that old stuff again once they are up there playing.

Supa
07-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Look at how the Lightning Rod campaign worked out in Croatia. Perhaps if everyone could agree on one other not-so-played song... wait, that seems impossible to me. Everyone is spoiled and everyone wants something else, hehe.

Huck It, please!

dav0147
07-08-2010, 12:09 PM
This would be sooo cool! They could do a world tour in small club venues just playing their older songs and more obscure songs for their big fans!!! Don't think it would ever happen though...:(

Quagmire
07-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Come Out Swinging
Nothingtown
Kick Him When He's Down
Nitro
Living In Chaos
Amazed
Takes Me Nowhere
Don't Pick It Up
Jennifer Lost The War
Dirty Magic