PDA

View Full Version : Warning to Concert-Goers

ArtificialLife
07-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Warning to concert-goers: Last night I saw a 311 concert; featuring Pepper and The Offspring.

First of all, The Offspring sounded amazing and were great as usual. However, they were not given the opportunity to shine. Any complaints I have are about the show's organization. This was very sad to see. First of all, it was easy to notice upon arrival the crowd was largely 311 fans ... I'd go as far to say 70% - 30% ... Anyway, The Offspring played from 7:50 - 8:50, early and short set. No encore. No anticipation or build-up to the show ... they came out and just started playing while more than half the place was empty. The venue was great, but it was outdoors so it was still light as day when they came on, so there were barely any lighting effects or added atmosphere to the show. When 311 came on, however, they had a huge intro, a light show, jumbo screens ... etc. The crowd went nuts. None of that for our beloved Offspring. The crowd got into Pretty Fly and Self Esteem ... other than that it was pretty much head-bobbing from a predominantly 311 crowd. The end of the set started to feel like an Offspring show when it got dark and the lights came on, and more people started to show up. However, I paid to see the Offspring, but I did not pay for an Offspring show. Take warning friends. I've been to about 7 or 8 Offspring shows in which they headlined ... and this year is not like that ... still great to see them play and they sounded amazing ... just don't expect it to be as intense as a "real" Offspring concert.

The whole co-headlining thing is complete BS. An advertising technique if you ask me, in order to attract Offspring fans to go. The Offspring were an opening band in every sense here, not a co-headliner. Dexter even kept saying, "thanks for whoever came early to see us play." And Noodles (on multiple occasions) asked "are you guys still with us?"

I'm not speaking for the whole tour, just the show in Wantagh, but my assumptions are that it is the same set, and same show schedule for every show. The crowd wasn't completely terrible and like I said, the band sounded amazing, it was just "different" than seeing a true Offspring show which left me (and others) with a disappointing feeling.

RedVikingsCO1
07-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I could not agree with you more... the EXACT same thing happened in Chicago and it made me mad. Though I didn't have to sit through 311 (thank god) the crowd did start moshing to Bad Habit and All I Want but point being, it was about 70/30 311 fans and i tend to think that the 30 of offspring was in the front 15 rows

cool 2 hate 681
07-10-2010, 02:23 PM
hopefully it's not like that when i go im probably going to have to sit through 311 too:mad:

TonyCarreira
07-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Like I've said some months ago, this tour with 311 is one of their worst decisions...

Noodles 4 Noodles
07-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Yea that pisses me off, but Im not surprised. It doesn't even matter to me though, because they completely skipped Florida anyways

SuperKnux
07-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Hmm.. maybe it was a good idea that they did not to play in Texas.

That being said, I ain't a 311 hater. They're a great solid band, and I don't feel that this is a bad decision on Offspring's part. They both have a many simularities and I don't think we should rag on them too much. Yes, it does suck that our boys only play for a little less than an hour, but.. thats the way these things work unfortunately.

jacknife737
07-10-2010, 04:08 PM
On the plus side, for the band, this tour may expose them to some people who hadn't otherwise listened to the offspring before:helps expand the fanbase i guess.

Call it an Obsession
07-10-2010, 04:08 PM
.. thats the way these things work unfortunately.

"that's the way things gooo" seems a little more appropriate here i think... sorry.

I think it's good because it means that if, say, you don't like a particular band, in this instance 311, you don't have to hang around and wait for the bad boyz to come on.
It's a pity they're only on for a wee bit... For the best outcome they should come on first do a wee hour or so then let 311 on then come back on for another hour or so. Everyone gets a wee taste.
Also when 311 play, The Offspring, including the crew, come down and have a wee mosh. (Greg K. kicks everyones ass by accident).

_Lost_
07-10-2010, 04:10 PM
I think its good exposure for the band. I considered going to see them next week in virginia, but I don't like 311 at all and don't really have the money to spare.

randman21
07-10-2010, 04:53 PM
I think its good exposure for the band. I considered going to see them next week in virginia, but I don't like 311 at all and don't really have the money to spare.
Oh, so you're not going either?! I don't feel so crappy now.

I think it's kinda shameful that people didn't start showing up until 311 was getting ready to come on. I see it as highly disrespectful, unless you hate the earlier bands which I'm sure not that many 311 fans hate Offspring. I'd want to get my money's worth for those inflated-ass tickets.

joshgenis
07-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Dexter: "Thanks to whoever came early to see us play"

oh....that hurts....

Omni
07-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Yeah, that does suck that they got shafted on the audience like that. By and large, the Offspring is a bigger band than 311. But regardless, 311 is legendary for their live performances, supposedly one of the best live bands you could see today, especially on 3/11. So they probably would put on a better concert experience anyway. If only I liked them as much as the Offspring.

cool 2 hate 681
07-10-2010, 06:40 PM
311 is legendary for their live performances, supposedly one of the best live bands you could see today, especially on 3/11. So they probably would put on a better concert experience anyway.

really? i didn't know they have a reputation of being great live they were terrible when they played almost acoustic christmas last year

nameless
07-10-2010, 07:36 PM
i cant believe the offsprng would go on so early, anybody know how long the other band got?!

mario_spaghettio
07-10-2010, 09:04 PM
really? i didn't know they have a reputation of being great live they were terrible when they played almost acoustic christmas last yearI saw the stream of that and they did look kind of flat, but the soundsystem was also constantly messing up and it was mostly a Muse crowd. Here's a clip from that terrible performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUFkdrfjFq0

gsnguy67
07-10-2010, 11:12 PM
I just got back from the show at PNC and I see what you guys are saying...but things were different tonight. I was really looking forward to see the Offspring for the second time in two years. When the band started playing, the pits erupted. There were actually quite an amount of people in the building for the Offspring's set (not The Offspring particularly).

I found myself situated in a pit dead center of the lawn, right by the railing...which already seems like a bad idea. I don't know what was up with these people, it was rough. I went to the Starland show last year and this was a lot rougher. This was due mostly to people acting like idiots...pushing people from behind, tripping people, and mostly not helping up after falling(which there was a lot of on the steep lawn). There was no skanking, only swinging. The worst part about it was that no one knew any of the Offspring's songs ( besides Pretty Fly and Self Esteem of course). I desperately tried to get people to sing along with me, but received blank stares.

I've never been to a 311 show, so I don't know if this is how it usually is. I just felt like there was no respect in the crowd with the exception of a few good ones as there usually is. All said and done there didn't feel like much "unity" going on in the crowd. I sang every word to every song and lost my voice, and was extremely happy to see the band again. They were exceptional (and musically better than 311), and I respect them for doing this tour. I'd say probably a ratio of 90%-10% 311 to Offspring ratio at the show, if that. Once 311 went on, the place went nuts. I found a seat and watched the rest of the show from afar.

Camilamazed
07-10-2010, 11:16 PM
I have no idea why I thought this was an Offspring tour... Anyways.. I got sad when I was told that the main act would be 311.

The crowd again formed by mostly 311 fans. I got a pretty good seat, really close to the stage. By the time the band started playing, 3 rows from the stage were fucking EMPTY. I tried to get one of the available seats but the damn security people wouldn't let me be. I guess they noticed I was the only Offspring fan there and were fucking watching me the whole time. They only allowed me to get close to the fence to take a picture. At the end, when they were playing SE, I tried to argue with them to let me get closer because that was the last song, they let me take another picture and made me go back to my seat.

Seriously, this may sound dumb for an old fan like me (haha), but I fucking cried. I got really mad, because there was nobody in there, and the rest of the people were simply sitting down watching the show.

I'm going to the show in VA as well. I hope the PIT does not have seats this time.

And yes, it is sad to see The Offspring being treated as an opening act. I miss being in a concert in which the majority of the audience is made of fans.

=(

PS: I'm still in Jersey and forgot my cam usb. As soon as I get home, I'll post my pics.

PS2: Randy and Lost, please come to VA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord_Gabo
07-11-2010, 02:44 AM
It's so sad read your review of this tour.. but the things are doing in this way. But isn't all bad.. Is good that our guys are touring and working for new album , this will be a new experience also for them .
Offspring are more better than 311.
In Japan they'll go much better!!!!!

anita91781
07-11-2010, 03:33 AM
PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ July 10, 2010.

Blasphemy, absolute blasphemy. What a travesty. When I go see a concert featuring the Offspring, you better believe that they are top billing. Tonight's show at PNC was a mortifying disgrace. I did not even know they had started playing and believe you me I would never miss one note of their performance, but tonight I did and that's something I will never get back. Who is 311? Certainly not more popular than the Offspring...they had 3 songs 15 plus years ago that no one remembers anyway.

I kind of had a feeling that 311 were the headliners when I bought the tickets because there was a picture of them on the site, but I didn't want to believe it. I'm sick to my stomach to think that the Offspring could have played longer at the end with all the energy from the audience that they damn well deserve. I feel like vomitting with rage at this gross injustice. I have seen them 17 times and they are always numero uno. The music industry should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this crime against humanity to occur.

I know I sound extremely sarcastic and almost joking, but I'm being serious. We left after their set and walked out pissed that they were done.

Tomasisko
07-11-2010, 04:09 AM
311? Never heard of them. Seriously...

Budzy
07-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Me neither :S

randman21
07-11-2010, 06:29 AM
Vomiting with rage? Now that's pissed!

_Lost_
07-11-2010, 08:48 AM
If 311 is really that obscure, then why on earth would their fans outnumber the Offspring's at EVERY show so far? From my understanding, they've been a big fucking deal in the right circles. They're pretty huge

Seriously... 311 has been doing the Unity tour for years. You would've thought that "the offspring joins 311 on the Unity tour this year" might've been an indicator for you people. Don't act so outraged and surprised.

Krojd
07-11-2010, 09:18 AM
If 311 is really that obscure, then why on earth would their fans outnumber the Offspring's at EVERY show so far? From my understanding, they've been a big fucking deal in the right circles. They're pretty huge

Seriously... 311 has been doing the Unity tour for years. You would've thought that "the offspring joins 311 on the Unity tour this year" might've been an indicator for you people. Don't act so outraged and surprised.

We cant even be surprised here. Is here a free discussion or some kind of dictatorship?

Offspringer24: You are NOT the only one, man :)....but come on, they are pretty huge, big and famous. Thats why they probably didnt even make it to the Europe.

offspringer24
07-11-2010, 09:22 AM
who the fuck are 311 anyways? seriously, ive never heard of them!

KHWHD
07-11-2010, 09:38 AM
who the fuck are 311 anyways? seriously, ive never heard of them!

Haha, neither have I. :o

_Lost_
07-11-2010, 10:24 AM
We cant even be surprised here. Is here a free discussion or some kind of dictatorship?

Save shock and awe for when all the information isn't right at your finger tips. Why don't you people just do a little research about the headlining band of a tour before assuming that the Offspring is the biggest name on the bill? I can't feel sorry for a person who missed the Offspring's openers because they didn't bother to look into these things or show up to the venue on time.

IamSam
07-11-2010, 10:34 AM
See...it was different in St. Paul. Half the crowd was there only for The Offspring and a vast majority of them left before 311 even took the stage.

I think it just depends on the area you are in.

mario_spaghettio
07-11-2010, 11:46 AM
See...it was different in St. Paul. Half the crowd was there only for The Offspring and a vast majority of them left before 311 even took the stage.

I think it just depends on the area you are in.As I understand, St Paul was a festival show, and many 311 fans avoid the festival shows because the setlist is usually a generic "greatest hits" type deal. I'm sure the pouring rain didn't help either.

Blitz!
07-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Why don't you people just do a little research about the headlining band of a tour before assuming that the Offspring is the biggest name on the bill?

From my understanding, based on information that Randy shared with us during the podcast, 311 is huge in the States and I will confess that I haven’t done any research on the band since the tour was announced, for a simple reason ... I don't care.

Most of the people who are questioning 311, live outside the States, so naturally their popularity doesn’t reach as far as the Offspring's reputation, internationally speaking.

I would also like to point out that the Offspring agreed to participate in the Unity Tour and were probably aware what they were getting themselves into.

_Lost_
07-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Marika, I get what you are saying, but mostly my comments are directed at the people complaining that they went to the concert thinking the Offspring was going to play last, with the bigger set, etc. anita91781 was freaking out, not knowing ahead of time that 311 is a HUGE touring band in the states. All six studio albums they've released since '95 have reached the top 15, 5 of those in the top 10 on billboards top 200. AND "I kind of had a feeling that 311 were the headliners when I bought the tickets because there was a picture of them on the site, but I didn't want to believe it."...

The unity tour crowd is largely made up of people who go every year, i bet. Why would someone spend $40 on a ticket, not look into the show order and then complain when they showed up late and missed the first several songs on the Offspring's set? And what on earth is so damn wrong with the majority of the crowd being 311's fans? Sounds like they were enjoying the show anyway.

And to those saying they must not be a popular band since they don't have a big euro fan base, how many bands are huge in your country that I've never heard of? The Vines are (or maybe were?) popular in Austrailia. My sister loves them, but they don't tour here. Most people on this continent have never heard of them. Does that mean that they must not be famous there?

Blitz!
07-11-2010, 03:02 PM
... but mostly my comments are directed at the people complaining that they went to the concert thinking the Offspring was going to play last, with the bigger set, etc.

I can see that most of the people who are complaining about the shows they attended, have just registered here and have proudly announced they are Ďbig' Offspring fans. However, being such Ďbigí Offspring fans, they should have been aware of how this tour was going to be organized. I don't even live in the States and I was completely aware of this. There has been enough publicity about this tour on the internet and in the States, Iím sure. Plus, this topic was discussed in great detail on this forum.

Why would someone spend $40 on a ticket, not look into the show order and then complain when they showed up late and missed the first several songs on the Offspring's set?

Karin, you have a point here Ö this is exactly what I would have done if I brought a ticket to attend a show.

Krojd
07-11-2010, 03:10 PM
And to those saying they must not be a popular band since they don't have a big euro fan base, how many bands are huge in your country that I've never heard of? The Vines are (or maybe were?) popular in Austrailia. My sister loves them, but they don't tour here. Most people on this continent have never heard of them. Does that mean that they must not be famous there?

Yea, you are right about that. But come on, I am from Czech Republic, you cant compare bands from USA and from CZ or other small and poor country. When band is famous in the US there is bigger chance that I could know it than you could know some "huge" czech band.

cool 2 hate 681
07-11-2010, 04:06 PM
And to those saying they must not be a popular band since they don't have a big euro fan base, how many bands are huge in your country that I've never heard of? The Vines are (or maybe were?) popular in Austrailia. My sister loves them, but they don't tour here. Most people on this continent have never heard of them

i have they were pretty big in 2002 same with 311 i think their last successful single was amber which came out around 2001 or 2002

mario_spaghettio
07-11-2010, 04:43 PM
i have they were pretty big in 2002 same with 311 i think their last successful single was amber which came out around 2001 or 2002In 2004, 311 covered The Cure's "Love Song" which became a #1 hit on the Modern Rock Tracks chart. On August 16, 2005, 311 released their eighth studio album, titled Don't Tread on Me. "Don't Tread On Me", the first single, reached #1 on the Billboard Modern Rock chart and #1 at R&R.

cool 2 hate 681
07-11-2010, 05:28 PM
ok your right i forgot about the cure cover i have never heard don't tread on me before i guess my radio station must have not played it that much

randman21
07-11-2010, 05:37 PM
I don't see why people would show up that late anyway. If I don't know what time the band I want to see is going to go on, I try to get there when the whole things start. Plus, that's your time to grab some food, buy a couple of shirts and immediately spill ketchup on one, and just relax a little. I don't think I'd like to go from driving to the venue to getting my brains rocked out so suddenly.

Oh, and now I see what the heck's been going on at this tour. It's not that 311 is so huge. It's that they have a very loyal following and this tour in particular draws major, major crowds. According to Wikipedia, they've been known to bring over 10,000 people at shows, including 18,500 in Atlanta once. With that, I can see why the ratio is so off at these shows.

_Lost_
07-11-2010, 06:38 PM
i have they were pretty big in 2002 same with 311 i think their last successful single was amber which came out around 2001 or 2002
I only liked ride with me from the vines. That cure cover that 311 did is horrible.

I don't see why people would show up that late anyway. If I don't know what time the band I want to see is going to go on, I try to get there when the whole things start. Plus, that's your time to grab some food, buy a couple of shirts and immediately spill ketchup on one, and just relax a little. I don't think I'd like to go from driving to the venue to getting my brains rocked out so suddenly.

Oh, and now I see what the heck's been going on at this tour. It's not that 311 is so huge. It's that they have a very loyal following and this tour in particular draws major, major crowds. According to Wikipedia, they've been known to bring over 10,000 people at shows, including 18,500 in Atlanta once. Withthat, I can see why the ratio is so off at these shows.have I ever mentioned that I love you dearly?

Also, yeah... It seems as if more of their success lies in their tours. Where the offspring is more radio focused

ArtificialLife
07-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Interesting replies ... they both confirm my frustration and bring up points I have pondered myself. I've never questioned 311's status ... I was a youngster throughout the 90's and grew up around their music as well. However, when The Offspring have been headlining their own tours for decades .... and you see an add saying "co-headlining.." and these are their only summer dates ..... I don't blame anyone for assuming MORE out of these shows we've been given this summer.

I was fully prepared for The Offspring to take the stage BEFORE 311 did. But I was expecting more fans, an anticipated entry, a longer set, an encore .... basically a "headlining set" even though they weren't the true headliners of the show. Like I said, I've seen them headline shows many times dating back to the early-mid 90's ... and to see them as nothing more than an opening band that most concert-goers didn't even care about was very upsetting to me.

It was also upsetting to see them "accept" that role .... I feel like Dexter could have walked out into the crowd and maybe 15-30 people would have been excited. My next thoughts dealt with the BAND'S perspective of this tour. Perhaps ... "We are running out of steam, lets try to capture a new fanbase?" Or ... "We've been through some intense touring before, lets play shows where we have little to no pressure and can just mess around and have fun?" or .. "311 will bring us bigger crowds, we can earn more cash for playing under less pressure." Any thoughts?

_Lost_
07-11-2010, 09:39 PM
More like "hey, they want us on Unity tour. This is A good opportunity for us to play some major arena shows and possibly expose our music to a new crowd. Why don't we jump on this?"

If the crowd is small when they are supposed to go on, what are they supposed to do besides make the best of it? These guys are professional showmen who know when to just smile And do their thing. It's the same sort of thing when discussing people jumping on stage. Does it really not bother them or is that them just being the professionals that they are? It's easy to jump to conclusions but I think that they are just good at making the best of a situation. Perhaps you just got a lousy crowd. Iamsam didn't see an issue at the show in st Paul.

Little_Miss_1565
07-11-2010, 11:17 PM
New York crowds are notorious for not showing up until whatever band they're there to see comes on...even expensive shows like just about anything at Madison Square Garden (though I'll probs show up early to see Dream Theater open for Maiden tomorrow). Even though it's a coheadlining tour, it's 311's party since they do this each year.

ArtificialLife
07-12-2010, 12:27 AM
New York crowds are notorious for not showing up until whatever band they're there to see comes on...even expensive shows like just about anything at Madison Square Garden (though I'll probs show up early to see Dream Theater open for Maiden tomorrow). Even though it's a coheadlining tour, it's 311's party since they do this each year.

I would say this is true for any concert, not at all unique to NY crowds. The point here would be that the vast majority of fans would rather stay in the parking lot playing drinking games than see The Offspring, then file in during their set or right before 311. This show was all about 311 with Offspring as an opening band despite how it was advertised. This has nothing to do with being in NY if you ask me. And as a long-time fan, it was quite upsetting to see the band in this light. No one should feel the need to "defend" the band here ... they are not under attack in any way. It's a legitimate gripe to any Offspring fan amped to see their heroes. Were you at the show? You'd likely agree.

anita91781
07-12-2010, 02:53 AM
Save shock and awe for when all the information isn't right at your finger tips. Why don't you people just do a little research about the headlining band of a tour before assuming that the Offspring is the biggest name on the bill? I can't feel sorry for a person who missed the Offspring's openers because they didn't bother to look into these things or show up to the venue on time.

Oh I showed up to the venue on time, I just wasn't mentally prepared for them to come out yet. I'm just outraged they did this tour when they've been selling out headlining tours for years.

anita91781
07-12-2010, 03:10 AM
I can see that most of the people who are complaining about the shows they attended, have just registered here and have proudly announced they are ‘big' Offspring fans.

Are you insinuating that because I have only been a member of an Offspring discusssion board for a day that I'm not a "big" fan? I don't go to church, but I believe in God. I don't parade around with an "I love animals" tattoo on my forehead, but I love animals very much.

Does saying that I've been to 17 Offspring concerts mean anything to you? There were 4 and 5 year intervals between tours in NYC until their tour last July, so we're looking at 15 shows before 2000. If you'd like to debate the authenticity of my "fanship", bring it.

I have Offspring t-shirts that are probably older than you. If I put them all on a scale they'd probably weigh more than you too. Good day.

anita91781
07-12-2010, 03:14 AM
If 311 is really that obscure, then why on earth would their fans outnumber the Offspring's at EVERY show so far? From my understanding, they've been a big fucking deal in the right circles. They're pretty huge.

Okay, if you want to compliment 311 go over to one of their discussion boards and boast about 'em. As for me, I'm pissed Offspring did this tour when they could be the headliners like they usually are.

I don't know one 311 fan. They must be in hiding when it's not concert time.

anita91781
07-12-2010, 03:23 AM
Vomiting with rage? Now that's pissed!

I died a little inside as well.

Budzy
07-12-2010, 03:31 AM

"Do you like The Vines?" "Never heard of them" "They sing that 'get free' song" "Oh yeah I know that song".

That's sort of how The Vines go down here really.

Little_Miss_1565
07-12-2010, 09:42 AM
Okay, if you want to compliment 311 go over to one of their discussion boards and boast about 'em. As for me, I'm pissed Offspring did this tour when they could be the headliners like they usually are.

Lost was just correcting some of the facts put forth here. Really no reason to slag her off.

_Lost_
07-12-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm just outraged they did this tour when they've been selling out headlining tours for years.
I'm fairly certain they've played to plenty half empty venues... Their show in Charlotte certainly was last year.

Lost was just correcting some of the facts put forth here. Really no reason to slag her off.

Thanks Sarah. I've said two or three times in this thread alone that I dislike 311. I've never heard a song from them that I like. That doesn't mean, however, that I can't appreciate their ability to sell out a huge venue.

Also, anita, watch out with the assumptions you make about board members here. Blitz! is one who might not fit your belief of the people here. She's just questioning your fandom since you only registered to slag them.

Blitz!
07-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Are you insinuating that because I have only been a member of an Offspring discusssion board for a day that I'm not a "big" fan? I don't go to church, but I believe in God. I don't parade around with an "I love animals" tattoo on my forehead, but I love animals very much.

Does saying that I've been to 17 Offspring concerts mean anything to you? There were 4 and 5 year intervals between tours in NYC until their tour last July, so we're looking at 15 shows before 2000. If you'd like to debate the authenticity of my "fanship", bring it.

I have Offspring t-shirts that are probably older than you. If I put them all on a scale they'd probably weigh more than you too. Good day.

Oh, take a chill pill
Did you seriously think that I would be impressed with your credentials. You are forgetting that this is the Offspring forum and we are all hardcore fans here. All of us have credentials; most of them are much more impressive than yours.

Also, anita, watch out with the assumptions you make about board members here. Blitz! is one who might not fit your belief of the people here. She's just questioning your fandom since you only registered to slag them.

+1

anita91781
07-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Oh, take a chill pill
Did you seriously think that I would be impressed with your credentials. You are forgetting that this is the Offspring forum and we are all hardcore fans here. All of us have credentials; most of them are much more impressive than yours.

When you assume that because people who only joined an Offspring discussion board recently aren't "big" fans you're barking up the wrong tree. Am I to assume that because you joined in July 2009 you aren't a big fan as well?

If you want to debate my "fanship" bring it on. And just out of curiosity, what are your "credentials"?

I joined this discussion board because I needed to in order to comment about this tour Offspring did, otherwise I probably wouldn't have. People are jumping on me because of my original comment about being pissed they weren't the headliners.

I didn't care how much the ticket cost, I didn't research the tour to see what times each band was performing, I was going because the Offspring was going to be there, no questions asked. I'm so much a fan, I did that. I was there regardless. I'd rather they performed in the parking lot than be second fiddle to a band who I don't regard very well, because to me the Offspring is the best for so many reasons. That's all I did, I built them up to where they should be. After all their shows and the amazing energy, I wasn't feeling the excitement from the crowd and it pissed me off. I think I have a right to be pissed when this is an Offspring forum. I'm not on 311's forum insulting their fans, I'm here praising Offspring.

Why are people tearing me down for building my band up?

anita91781
07-12-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm fairly certain they've played to plenty half empty venues... Their show in Charlotte certainly was last year.

Thanks Sarah. I've said two or three times in this thread alone that I dislike 311. I've never heard a song from them that I like. That doesn't mean, however, that I can't appreciate their ability to sell out a huge venue.

I joined because I needed to in order to make my comment of which most people had fun tearing down. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have. I don't think Blitz! assuming I wasn't a big fan because I just joined was fair. It's also not fair to the other fans who may have recently been moved to join.

I'm just a big Offspring fan used to them being top billing. I went to the show because they were going to be there. I'm pissed that they weren't tops like they deserve. I don't care how many "concert" fans 311 has, nor do I care about the statistics of ticket sales for Offspring's headlining shows, I'm here to represent my long time heroes. I'm not over on some 311 board insulting them and their fans, I'm here praising my band.

Offspring rules and I will always put myself out there for them, even if it makes me look like some moron who doesn't read a concert schedule. I will defend and praise them to the death because for me, no other band comes close to their intelligence, creativity, energy, sound, lyrics, clever innuendos, sarcasm, wit, heart, humility, generosity, and charm (among a whole lot of other things).

The longevity they've enjoyed is amazing. And we enjoy it too. After all these years, that they still sell out shows and have new generations of 10 year olds getting into their music is amazing. How many bands that became wildly famous in the 90's are still around? It does me good to know that the one band that spoke to my heart is still around to do that.

Offspring is #1 and I posted my original comment mainly out of disbelief that these talents could be anything less than the main draw at a concert.

_Lost_
07-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Am I to assume that because you joined in July 2009 you aren't a big fan as well?

Lol! Didn't I just say not to make assumptions about the people here?

Hint: I've actually been a member of these boards since 1/1/05 when I discovered they changed the format to this current one.

anita91781
07-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Lol! Didn't I just say not to make assumptions about the people here?

Hint: I've actually been a member of these boards since 1/1/05 when I discovered they changed the format to this current one.

Yeah duh, firstly, I wasn't the one making assumptions. Secondly, I was talking to Blitz! because Blitz! assumed that new members weren't "big" fans. I was asking Blitz! if it was fair to assume that Blitz! was not a "big" fan because Blitz!'s join date was in July of 2009, making Blitz! a member for one year. I was trying to prove a point to Blitz!, not you, that the join date someone has doesn't make or break their fan status.

I don't care when someone joins a fan board. It means diddly squat.

_Lost_
07-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Yeah duh, firstly, I wasn't the one making assumptions. Secondly, I was talking to Blitz! because Blitz! assumed that new members weren't "big" fans. I was asking Blitz! if it was fair to assume that Blitz! was not a "big" fan because Blitz!'s join date was in July of 2009, making Blitz! a member for one year. I was trying to prove a point to Blitz!, not you, that the join date someone has doesn't make or break their fan status.

I don't care when someone joins a fan board. It means diddly squat.

Well, anita, I'm well aware of the fact that you were talking to marika, since you did, in fact, already say June of 2009 and my account is from 2008. Blitz! has been a member for a lot longer than one year. I was pointing out that while it appears I've only been a member 2 years, clearly its been longer. Both of us have more than one account. To put it bluntly, she didn't join in 2009, in case you really are that slow. Blitz! is also probably older than you and has probably been listening to them longer than you and probably has more Offspring gear than you do. She may not be able to boast 17 Offspring concerts, but she lives in a country where they don't play. and like I said before, Marika was pointing out that you are such a huge fan, according to you, but you only joined to slag their show, which she agreed with. Which is not her making assumptions. Its her pointing out irony.

EDIT: I type in a simplified English format because I assume that you don't understand typical smart people English, since all of your messages towards me have been written in such a way. Either that, or you were being condescending towards me, which I don't appreciate, so I like to assume the best in people and have come to the conclusion that you are just dumb.

ArtificialLife
07-12-2010, 11:19 PM
It is useless and childish to argue over BBS "status," or to use it as a reason to boast. It is not. I've frequented The Offspring BBS since '97 or '98 so that probably makes me one of the oldest members here. I remember the days of using my dial-up 28k modem and waiting ages for the threads to load. Does that give me a status greater than anyone else here? No it doesn't, and I'd never try to use that as leverage. Nor does how many shows you've been to, or how long you've been a fan. The first Offspring song I ever heard was Session from a copied cassette tape in '93. Does that make me a greater fan than the rest of you? No ... it just makes me old, haha.

The point is, people are at different stages of their lives ... and have different resources. Some fans are young, some are old, some don't have internet access, some don't have time to post here often .. etc. etc. An individual who joined yesterday should be treated no different than those of us who have been here a long time. We are all fans, and as far as I'm concerned the BBS is a great opportunity to discuss the band. Arguing here is useless and will confirm nothing other than a lack of maturity.

Disagreements are inevitable and can spark healthy conversation if they are met with respect. Topics regarding the band will be seen from several perspectives. As fans we should accept each others input ... and if some one acts inappropriately, ignoring them seems like a better choice than whining back & forth.

mat.kc.
07-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I just got back from yesterday's concert. They were amazing, but the crowd was there for 311. I, of course, was there for Offspring. Hell, they even played Kick Him When He's Down.

Harleyquiiinn
07-13-2010, 04:20 AM
-Lost-, Blitz! my favorite band is the eels, and I'm not on any of their message board, official or not.

If I go to an eels concert, I'll probably won't go check if they are headliners or not. I'll assume that they are because that's what they have been for years. That doesn't make me less of a fan. And I'd be annoyed by anyone who says otherwise :)

We are incredibly well informed here. I know one or 2 people who like Offspring more than I do, who didn't registered and don't get half of the informations I get.

_Lost_
07-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm not trying to use my membership as a sign of status or anything like that! Jesus Christ! All I was pointing out is that she acts like she is such a huge fan but only joined their boards to fucking slag them! She is the one who brought up how long Blitz!'s account has existed. She is the one who failed to get that point.which Blitz made, then I restated in a much more obvious way and then Marika quoted my saying it with agreement, then i freaking said it again.

Her credentials aside, she still only joined these boards to complain. And SHE is the one who brought up the "i'm older, have more offspring gear, and have been to more concerts" yadayadayada.... I've been a fan since '94, but I couldn't exactly go to the only concert they did in my state for the first fifteen years of their career cause I was seven.

Blitz!
07-13-2010, 01:19 PM
I didn't care how much the ticket cost, I didn't research the tour to see what times each band was performing, I was going because the Offspring was going to be there, no questions asked. I'm so much a fan, I did that. I was there regardless.

Then you should have been happy with the performance, no matter what and not just registered as a member here to complain about the raw deal you got, since in your view the Offspring are playing second fiddle to 311.

I don't think Blitz! assuming I wasn't a big fan because I just joined was fair.

I didnít assume anything, I made a general observation based on three new members and their comments on the tour, not once did I refer to you. You are the one that has taken this to a personal level. The rest of us are trying to explain to you that this is not the case, but yet you still continue, singing the same old song.

I would also like to point out that you brought up the date I supposedly joined and when Karin corrected you, you said it didnít matter. You canít argue both sides, for you will inevitably lose.

Anita, from reading all your comments, it has become clear to me that the only point of view you want to have, is your own. You tend to react to comments that suit your argument and ignore the rest. We have tried to offer you our opinions on the matter and all you have done is be defensive and have taken everything personally. Trying to argue your point, which is incorrect I might add, isnít going to win you any favours here. I might suggest that you step back from the situation and re-read this thread with an open mind.

As for your comment about us tearing you down, once again, this is your perception. We welcome you to the forum and we hope that you make a great contribution here however you might want to check out the lay of the land first. I am all for you voicing your opinions but then you need to take our opinions into consideration as well.

If I go to an eels concert, I'll probably won't go check if they are headliners or not. I'll assume that they are because that's what they have been for years. That doesn't make me less of a fan. And I'd be annoyed by anyone who says otherwise :)

Playing the underdog card again, I see :D
Your point is acknowledged, however once you discovered that they werenít the headliners and the show didnít live up to your expectation, are you telling me that you would registered on the eels forum so you can voice your displeasure at how the concert turned out and if you did, how do you believe that the those forum members will react to you or would you chalk it down to experience and probably put in a little more research the next time.

We are incredibly well informed here.

This is true, it is probably because we research everything and analysis it to death. Maybe my original comment about the research was a bit off target taking into account that we do this here and I didn't make allowances for the Offspring world at large.

With that all being said, I have one more thing to add Ö <3 Karin :)

Now, Iím done

_Lost_
07-13-2010, 02:44 PM
With that all being said, I have one more thing to add … <3 Karin :)

Will you have my south african babies?

Also, I don't just research Offspring concert lineups. I do the same for all concerts I go to. I want to know who is playing and when. I was really disappointed when Fall Out Boy and All-American Rejects dropped out of the Blink-182 concert. Fall Out Boy was supposed to play first, then AAR, then Blink. At the Used concert, I knew Drive A would open, then The Almost, then the Used. I like to know what I'm spending my money on.

Free?
07-13-2010, 03:32 PM
So far nobody(?!) was fond of crowds at the shows except the St.Paul one. Sux.

Mr. Millennium
07-14-2010, 09:54 AM
So far nobody(?!) was fond of crowds at the shows except the St.Paul one. Sux.

In Philly last night, there was a really large crowd for The Offspring and everyone seemed really into it. There was also a ton of crowd surfing during The Offspring's set as well.

DragonBallPaul
07-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Occasionally lurker, first time poster, but long time fan. Hi ya'll.

Just wanted to chime in my opinion though it's basically the same as the others. To be fair, the DC Scene kind of sucks (seeing TOOL blew ass, seeing Muse, Anti Flag and Puscifer was awesome - the fans here aren't respectful to quieter songs and TOOL was on their 10,000 Days tour). But the concert last night was a huge disappointment. Offspring played well, I've seen them six times now and this was the worst crowd I've been apart of. Like other shows, mostly 311 songs. I was in the pit, and you'd think the second row would be fine. People behind me had tons of energy, a dude near me came up from Texas to see some friends and the show.

But the front two rows were crowded with die-hard 311 fans. When I was getting shoved around from behind (which is fine, I'm bouncing around too) and I slammed into some of those people in front of me, they flipped shit. Once Offspring stopped playing this huge chick in front of me went berserk on me and a security guard threatened to throw me out, fortunately I was planning on leaving, anyway.

The most annoying part was that Dexter tried to play Gone Away on the piano and they wouldn't shut the Hell up.

cool 2 hate 681
07-18-2010, 12:31 AM
I saw the stream of that and they did look kind of flat, but the soundsystem was also constantly messing up and it was mostly a Muse crowd. Here's a clip from that terrible performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUFkdrfjFq0

i uploaded what i have of them from that show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM7KLrS4acE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbOyEiv_sQc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKHwKW89qMw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APYeSoGl9M8

kendra522
07-20-2010, 01:24 PM
I was at the 7/16/10 show in Bristow, VA & was psyched to see The Offspring, but, like an idiot, didn't realize that they weren't headlining. By the time we arrived, stood in line (for ever) and made it to our seats (awesome seats) & bought a t-shirt, I only got to see the guys perform three songs.

Felt like crying when I realized 311 was headlining. I like 311, but not enough to see them as a main act. I like a handful of their songs, but have to admit so many of them sounded alike. Great energy and happy I was there, but it sucked that The Offspring didn't get to rock out like I know they're capable of.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them again and will probably drive/fly to a couple of venues to make up for the fact that I missed most of their set. Got some great pics though.

Diva
07-24-2010, 11:39 PM
I went to the concert last night in Paso Robles, CA and it was my first Offspring show! I have loved The Offspring for at least 12 years now and I was so excited to finally see them! They were amazing!!! The crowd here in Cali went crazy when they came out. I would say that in our general area of the crowd the majority was Offspring fans!!! The best part was getting to see Gone Away live on Piano! Amazing Show! Can't wait to see them again! :D

bgoffspringfan
07-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Last night my 14 yr old son and I went to the Irvine show, we have seen The Offspring several times in the past; because of me both of my son's are Offspring fans. After looking forward to this concert for months I'm sad to say we both left sad and disappointed. Offspring is a main event act not a warm up act for a third-rate bad at there best. We left after the third song 311 sucks. And from what we were hearing other fans who were leaving we werenít the only ones who felt that way. Thousands of people left before and during 311 time on stage.
Like I told my son on the drive back home we can only hope that next yrs tour we be better.

Under
07-25-2010, 06:45 AM
Funny thing.. I just went to a concert yesterday... and the crowd mainly cheered for offspring from where I was sitting. When Offspring said 311 was next they actually got a few boos. I don't know it was different at the one I was at.

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Yeah the Offspring had a great crowd last night. I heard people remarking around me that they thought more people were there for the Offspring than 311... It was a hometown show for them :)

kendra522
07-25-2010, 08:25 PM
After looking forward to this concert for months I'm sad to say we both left sad and disappointed. Offspring is a main event act not a warm up act for a third-rate bad at there best. We left after the third song 311 sucks.

That's EXACTLY how I felt. I'm sure they were asked to tour for the sole reason of helping boost sales, because Offspring is definitely not a supporting act. I was so disappointed that Offspring wasn't headlining. They know how to rock and all of 311's songs sounded the same.

horsesr_kewl
07-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Correct me if I am wrong...here in Los Angeles, the concert was promoted as Pepper, 311 and Offspring. The tickets themselves said 311/Offspring. We showed up at 8:00 to Verizon last night and were STUNNED as we were walking into the venue Offspring started to play. Everyone in the parking lot/waiting to get into through security had the stunned look as we did and looked at their tickets....the general comment was WTF?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Basically we paid $15.00 a song. Everyone around us in the orcherstra area was PISSED when Offspring came on second....are they NOT a headlining band??? Did they NOT headline last June 4, 2009 which we saw them at Verizon last year??? Are they not a Orange County band?? Should they have headlined at home??!!! I paid to see OFFSPRING. I am not kidding you after their set was over the place emptied out. We tried to stick around for 311, but after 15-20 minutes the only entertaining value was watching drunk people walking down the steps trying not to spill their beers as they walked down the stairs, and a guy desperately trying to find his glass pipe. After a while that wasn't even fun anymore.

I've been going to concerts for YEARS and never have walked out of one, we walked last night, and let me tell you we weren't the only ones. The general concesus of the people walking out was udder disappointment. I've seen Offspring bring the house down, and people walking out were amped up and happy.....not last night, people were grumbling the entire way out.

If you're going to promote a tour, at least be truthful on what the line up is going to be. This was promoted poorly, and I've never been disappointed in an Offspring concert, but this was a total bummer last night. And for $104.00 a ticket (we bought four) it was a huge disappointment.

Whoever promoted this thing in LA fucked up royally.

MARYHEM
07-25-2010, 10:46 PM
I went to the concert last night in Paso Robles, CA and it was my first Offspring show! I have loved The Offspring for at least 12 years now and I was so excited to finally see them! They were amazing!!! The crowd here in Cali went crazy when they came out. I would say that in our general area of the crowd the majority was Offspring fans!!! The best part was getting to see Gone Away live on Piano! Amazing Show! Can't wait to see them again! :D

It was my first show also...but NOT the last!!:)

mario_spaghettio
07-26-2010, 01:06 AM
You guys are acting like the Offspring didn't show up or something. Big deal if they didn't play last. Does it really matter? If not for being added to this tour, they may not have toured at all this summer.

Outerspaceman21
07-26-2010, 02:50 AM
You guys are acting like the Offspring didn't show up or something. Big deal if they didn't play last. Does it really matter? If not for being added to this tour, they may not have toured at all this summer.

Well, from my perspective, I would be paying anywhere from $30 to $60 bucks for A seat, plus gas money for the trip and merch (if I want some) for just an hour of the Offspring. I don't care about 311 or the other opening band, so imo, it's kinda of a waste of money. Put it you this way, I would spend more time on the road then I would at the actually venue. The way this tour is being handle, it's like The Offspring are just another opening act instead of the Co Headliners. It's unfair to the band and even more unfair to the fans who pay good money to go see them.

And I didn't even go to the one near me (Irvine) so I thinks it's worse for those who went and got way less then what they paid for.

randman21
07-26-2010, 03:55 AM
I've been going to concerts for YEARS and never have walked out of one, we walked last night, and let me tell you we weren't the only ones. The general concesus of the people walking out was udder disappointment. I've seen Offspring bring the house down, and people walking out were amped up and happy.....not last night, people were grumbling the entire way out.

Dude...don't have a cow. :P

Little_Miss_1565
07-26-2010, 08:10 AM
If you're going to promote a tour, at least be truthful on what the line up is going to be. This was promoted poorly, and I've never been disappointed in an Offspring concert, but this was a total bummer last night. And for $104.00 a ticket (we bought four) it was a huge disappointment.

http://offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?newsID=770877

They were truthful about what the lineup was going to be. I'm sorry you missed the news.

horsesr_kewl
07-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Dude...don't have a cow. :P

LOL!! good catch....my bad. UTTERLY disappointed.

horsesr_kewl
07-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Well, from my perspective, I would be paying anywhere from $30 to $60 bucks for A seat, plus gas money for the trip and merch (if I want some) for just an hour of the Offspring. I don't care about 311 or the other opening band, so imo, it's kinda of a waste of money. Put it you this way, I would spend more time on the road then I would at the actually venue. The way this tour is being handle, it's like The Offspring are just another opening act instead of the Co Headliners. It's unfair to the band and even more unfair to the fans who pay good money to go see them.

And I didn't even go to the one near me (Irvine) so I thinks it's worse for those who went and got way less then what they paid for.

Exactly...we spent over two hours in traffic trying to get to the venue. Then the expense of the tickets and only getting to see Offspring for 45 minutes. It was a bummer. I really enjoy seeing them live, it wasn't like I was seeing them at the Weenie Roast or some joint venue, where you know that you that they are on limited time.

I guess I was expecting it to be like last June, and it wasn't. I now know that if they say "Tour" they may not be headlining, and I won't go. If they headline and you know you are going to get a hour or two of kick ass, head banging/moshing good time then I have no issue plunking down the cash.

Lesson learned....

Little_Miss_1565
07-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear that so many of you feel like the show wasn't worth going to, but I'm confused because we've known from the start that this was 311's tour. And since it's impossible to have two bands on at the same time, someone on a co-headlining bill has to play before the other, you know?

cool 2 hate 681
07-26-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear that so many of you feel like the show wasn't worth going to, but I'm confused because we've known from the start that this was 311's tour. And since it's impossible to have two bands on at the same time, someone on a co-headlining bill has to play before the other.

i really liked the show i went to but i did hear some people behind me that didn't know 311 where going on last

edit good review from oc weekly http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmentality/lastnight/311-and-the-offspring-at-the-v/

The Offspring however stole the show. Taking full advantage of their shortened set

horsesr_kewl
07-26-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear that so many of you feel like the show wasn't worth going to, but I'm confused because we've known from the start that this was 311's tour. And since it's impossible to have two bands on at the same time, someone on a co-headlining bill has to play before the other, you know?

Oh I understand....But Offspring has paid their dues, they shouldn't have to play second fiddle to 311 (no offense to 311 people). Honestly a good portion of the people were there to see just Offspring. After all OC is their home town, why wouldn't they headline at home? Last June's concert kicked ASS, we were was just hoping for a repeat of that show.

The way the tickets were sold to us....Verizon presents the Unity Tour, featuring the Offspring...311 and Pepper.
I don't normally check this website, so again my bad. I just know we weren't alone in this confusion. A LOT of people at the venue were very confused.

I've been going concerts for years, this is the first time I got caught off guard. Again, lesson learned.

Blitz!
07-26-2010, 01:26 PM
they shouldn't have to play second fiddle

The band has always marched to the beat of their own drum … 'have to' doesn't apply here

Little_Miss_1565
07-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Oh I understand....But Offspring has paid their dues, they shouldn't have to play second fiddle to 311 (no offense to 311 people). Honestly a good portion of the people were there to see just Offspring. After all OC is their home town, why wouldn't they headline at home? Last June's concert kicked ASS, we were was just hoping for a repeat of that show.

The way the tickets were sold to us....Verizon presents the Unity Tour, featuring the Offspring...311 and Pepper.
I don't normally check this website, so again my bad. I just know we weren't alone in this confusion. A LOT of people at the venue were very confused.

I've been going concerts for years, this is the first time I got caught off guard. Again, lesson learned.

I can't speak to how the tour was marketed in OC, but the Unity tour is 311's annual thing. It's "their" package. It's not a matter of being less than 311, it's that they were invited by 311 to be a part of the show. And since it's their annual event, they're playing last. The Offspring and their management are smart, not to mention experienced -- they knew what this was going to be like before they agreed to do it, and they still agreed to do it.

Llamas
07-26-2010, 02:07 PM
This entire thread kinda shocks me... I didn't even catch them on tour, and I knew from the get-go this wasn't their tour. No offense to anyone, but I really can't believe people bought tickets without even looking at the line-up. I mean, you somehow didn't notice, were shocked when you got there, and accept that this was your own mistake, that's cool... but the band is in no way to blame for that.

phufistropko
07-26-2010, 02:44 PM
I also was confused about the concert. I just saw them in OC and was very surprised to find that they were not the headlining band. I loved seeing them as always (my 5th concert) but was amazed when they stopped playing after only an hour. I blame Ticketmaster. They made me think the The Offspring was the main event by the way they presented tickets. Having never looked for 311 tickets before - I had no idea that the "Unity Tour" was their thing, although I really like them and enjoyed the show. I'm hoping the guys plan another show very soon so I can get a more satisfying Offspring fix!!

Harleyquiiinn
07-26-2010, 03:26 PM
I honestly think that some people here might be biased. It's not anyone's fault but some of you need to understand that most fans aren't connected to this website and aren't checking it 3 times a day, or even 3 times a month.

If Ticketmaster or whatever website wasn't clear on the line up, you cannot blame them for not checking if Offspring was last. Or not knowing that 311 (a band I've never heard of before, but I understand it is famous in the US) is doing a Unity Tour every year.

It's a good thing they register to complain here because maybe, next time, the band will be more cautious about the way the show is advertised. I mean, even on the official website, the message you sent, LM, is dated July 15. The Tour started June, 30 if I'm not mistaken... And the tickets were bought long before...

randman21
07-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Yeah. I don't really have a problem with people assuming that Offspring was headlining, thus missing part of their set. I wouldn't even have known about the tour at all if it weren't for the BBS. But just make sure that from now on, ALWAYS check this site first (particularly the "news" section; the tour page could also have been a bit misleading). It's a lot quicker to do that than to seethe after a disappointing show and post about it here. :)

EDIT: I like how it looks like my post is in response to Harley's, but it wasn't even there before I started mine. :D

It's a good thing they register to complain here because maybe, next time, the band will be more cautious about the way the show is advertised.

I agree and disagree. You make a good point, but when I see people do that it makes me think "wow, they can find the site now that they're irate, but why not before this happened?" I'm with you on everything else.

Little_Miss_1565
07-26-2010, 04:14 PM
It's a good thing they register to complain here because maybe, next time, the band will be more cautious about the way the show is advertised. I mean, even on the official website, the message you sent, LM, is dated July 15. The Tour started June, 30 if I'm not mistaken... And the tickets were bought long before...

Yeah, they put something up right after I talked to someone with their management and I mentioned that several people here had posted that they missed a good chunk of the band's set, not having realized they went on before 311. You're right, it is a good thing that people have registered to complain, but I don't think it's fair to blame the band for any of this.

Just for giggles, I looked up a cached version of one of the Unity Tour ticketmaster pages: http://74.6.116.140/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=unity+tour+ticketmaster&fr=yfp-t-701&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=unity+tour+ticketmaster&d=4565047838316480&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=2c9f4911,73f0b0e0&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=sy9_ErYvJf4174suF_64dg--

It says Unity Tour 2010: 311 & The Offspring. In the the US, bands are always listed in reverse order (in other words, the band playing last is listed first, and the band playing first is listed last). This confuses a lot of people -- I work weekends at a bar that holds concerts, and it's not uncommon that people show up at 11 PM for the band that went on at 9 PM because they thought because they were listed last, they'd be playing last. But it's one of those things ... it's traditionally how bands are listed. Not sure if it's different overseas.

horsesr_kewl
07-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Oh gosh, don't think for one moment I blame the band. It was my mistake, I'd forgotten all about this board, the only reason I jumped on was to see if others had gotten confused as well. I am finding out I am not alone.

Would I see Offspring again....absolutefriggenlutely.

We get emails from Live Nation/Ticketmaster all the time with information of dates of bands we've previously seen, and the email to us seemed like Offspring was headlining. I wish I still had it. But my paper ticket said
311/Offspring.

Like I said, it was my mistake, and if you don't learn from life's lessons your doomed to repeat them again. Next time I will be a lot more cogizant before I purchase tickets with the words "with" and "featuring".

I'm glad that something was said, and thank you. Perhaps in the future the wording on the tickets won't be so confusing.