PDA

View Full Version : touring in cali

joshgenis
07-10-2010, 04:14 PM
i have been hearing a lot about how most of the audience going to the concerts are 311 fans. im going to see them on july 23 in paso robles, and i was wondering since the offspring originated in California that could mean it will be the other way around. what do you guys think?

randman21
07-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Hmm, I think it will definitely be more equal, but I don't know about 70-30 in the Offspring's favor. 311 is from Nebraska, but didn't they get big when they moved to Cali? If that's true, then you may be looking at the same situation as everyone else. :/

joshgenis
07-10-2010, 04:21 PM
dammit. this will be the first concert i go to ever, and the offspring is my favorite band. im disappointed i dont get an epic introduction and just get them walking in casually...

_Lost_
07-11-2010, 07:52 AM
They never get an "epic intro"... I don't know where people are getting that from. The difference between this tour and their usual shows is that it is still daylight and so they can't turn out the lights.

Just get to the show on time. People keep missing the first part of their show because they try and skip the opening acts.

You'll have fun. Don't worry too much about the hand full of negative posts. There have also been a lot of positive posts about the shows.

Outerspaceman21
07-11-2010, 05:14 PM
I was thinking about going back to Irvine and trying to see them again, but this time I am prevented by lack of cash. I can't afford a ticket at the moment.

Oh well, next time around. I just wish they toured closer to San Bernardino.

Little_Miss_1565
07-11-2010, 10:23 PM
dammit. this will be the first concert i go to ever, and the offspring is my favorite band. im disappointed i dont get an epic introduction and just get them walking in casually...

They never get an "epic intro"... I don't know where people are getting that from.

I'm not getting it either and I'd love to know where it's coming from. Every time I've seen them, they walk on and go. Lady Gaga had a whole epic intro thing when I saw her, but I can't think of a single rock show I've been to that had something like that. It's the sort of thing that you usually see at pop shows in arenas.

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah, the closest thing I remember to an "epic" intro was the Bad Habit they played as an intro for the CO1 tour.