PDA

View Full Version : Pretty in Stereo

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Long Time no talk, but just wanted to let you guys know I'm now in a new band! Its been 2 years since I've been in a band, and I'm super stoked!

It's an OC-based all-girl rock band called Pretty In Stereo, they have been around for a couple years.
We got three shows coming up:
- 7/22 @ Rainbow Bar and Grill in Hollywood
- 8/6 @ O'brien's in Santa Monica
- 8/28 @ Coach House in San Juan Capistrano (Opening for BERLIN)

please check us out on Facebook, and myspace (www.myspace.com/prettyinstereo)

Let me know what you think! :)

randman21
07-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Nice new gig you got there! I really like what I've heard. They sound like they've been around for a good while. Nice, tight style. I love hearing super talented female musicians, especially guitarists. Anyway, is this you in the recordings, or are you that fresh in the band?

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Just joined about 3 weeks ago :) We had a rehearsal last week, and it's funny because I was super impressed with how they play, and in turn they were also impressed with my playing. Rehearsal again tomorrow night, then 2 or 3 more before the first show next Thursday :)

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Dont mean to self-bump my own thread, but I thought I could spread an idea to other musicians and bands.

My band experimented with streaming our rehearsal on stickam.com saturday, just to see what would happen. We posted a couple links on facebook, then just went on practicing.

It was actually really cool! got a revolving group of 50ish so people in total together, we'd play songs for them and they would give us instant feedback. As a finale, we ran through a complete set to give them a cool little mini concert...i think we may make it a routine thing.

this could probably work with chatroulette as well....after you sort through the 5000 guys showing off their dongs. lol. But really not a bad way to get a fresh ear to listen to you.

ad8
07-26-2010, 04:57 AM
I can only second what randman said... you are super talented! The idea of streaming rehearsals is very cool, too. Have fun at future gigs!

StayInTheHouseCarl
08-06-2010, 08:46 AM
My band is playing a show tonight in Santa Monica (2941 Main Street, Santa Monica)

starts @ 10, and there's no cover, which is awesome.

However, I know 97% of you guys are no where near So Cal, so we got ya covered there too.

www.stickam.com/natalieinstereo

we will be streaming the show LIVE ! woo! technology!

ad8
08-06-2010, 11:27 AM
My band is playing a show tonight in Santa Monica (2941 Main Street, Santa Monica)

starts @ 10, and there's no cover, which is awesome.

However, I know 97% of you guys are no where near So Cal, so we got ya covered there too.

www.stickam.com/natalieinstereo

we will be streaming the show LIVE ! woo! technology!

Wow, that's awesome! I'll try to tune in, but I guess the show will be at... 6am german time? :D

randman21
08-06-2010, 02:01 PM
More like 7am German time, I think. 1am here on the east coast. I'll be at work. :( I'm sure I'll catch a show or at least practice at some point, though! Do you ladies usually get together at a particular time to jam out?

Oh, and good luck!

StayInTheHouseCarl
08-06-2010, 05:22 PM
thanks guys! it actually looks like we're playing closer to 11pm (here time)

sooo...8am German time and 2am Eastern time :-P

our practices are usually Wednesday nights 8-11pm, sometimes Fridays at the same time as well.

ad8
08-06-2010, 10:42 PM

sooo...8am German time and 2am Eastern time :-P

our practices are usually Wednesday nights 8-11pm, sometimes Fridays at the same time as well.

Hehe, ok now I'll be able to watch it anyway :P

StayInTheHouseCarl
08-07-2010, 11:18 AM
sorry guys, i was told we were going to have the internet thing up and running last night, but they were having a lot of weird difficulties last night, and couldnt get it working:(

but it was a fun show, i hope we can get everything working for our next show with Berlin :-P

ad8
08-07-2010, 01:13 PM
sorry guys, i was told we were going to have the internet thing up and running last night, but they were having a lot of weird difficulties last night, and couldnt get it working:(

but it was a fun show, i hope we can get everything working for our next show with Berlin :-P
Well I watched it from the beginning... the connection was kind of unstable and then I figured you had some kind of trouble with it because you said you'd be back in a minute. I hope it works better the next time because the idea of broadcasting live is great!
Nice to hear that you had a fun show, though:)

Grayson
09-01-2010, 03:23 AM
hello everybody...
sooo...8am German time and 2am Eastern time