PDA

View Full Version : 'Kick Him When He's Down' was played last night. I have the video.

mat.kc.
07-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Don't know if this is old news or anything, but I was pretty shocked. Attended my third Offspring concert (and SECOND this year; saw them at Boonstock a couple weeks ago) and I was blown away when they played stuff from Ignition! So I decided to upload this song to my Youtube account, BoonstockOffspring. Here it is:

"Kick Him When He's Down":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcDCqxuF7MA

Here are some notes you might want to hear from last night:

- The crowd was there for 311. It was obvious since they headlined, and it turned out slow in the beginning. By the last few songs, the crowd really jumped out of their seats and rocked out. Everyone was still walking to their area when they were on.

- New merchandise. I bought three shirts, new girl tees that I noticed as well, plus a new hoodie. If you want pics, let me know.

- Noodles, right before performing 'You'll Find a Way' stated that the new song is called 'The New Song'. Obviously they haven't named it yet, so this was a joke he played to the crowd. I tried filming this but it was too late.

- Dexter lost a lot of weight. It's obvious in his appearance. His voice is as strong as ever. I was VERY impressed.

- Kick Him When He's Down was fucking epic. Too bad the majority was just there for 311. I saw some die hards freak out when the song came on. Dex and Noodles pointed that out at the end of the song too.

I won't be able to reply much, as I am on vacation. But I don't mind taking a break for a little while to show you this. You deserve the new footage, so enjoy. :)

Ps.) I should have a new video of You'll Find a Way when I get back from vacation. Expect it around Monday.

Krojd
07-13-2010, 01:26 AM
Holy cow! I cant believe it, what a great news! Umm, can you post those pictures of the merch please? :o

Bejka
07-13-2010, 01:35 AM
Thank you for the video!!!

The crowd was... ehmmm... this tour is a mistake :(

MAXTER
07-13-2010, 01:53 AM
Thanks for share!!! :)

I agree with Bejka, where is the Offspring's fans in this show???? ehhh :(

Come To Europe!!!! :D

Lord_Gabo
07-13-2010, 03:17 AM
whoaaaa!!! Great news!!! But you don't think that all this tour is a little bit mad???
We(the true offspring fans) are requesting that they play old stuff from years and they play Kick him when is down in front of a crowd that they don't know the offspring or don't appreciate their like us!!!

Tijs
07-13-2010, 04:23 AM
Awesome,thanks for the video and all the updates! The song sounds really great. And I'd love to see some pictures of the new shirts.

randman21
07-13-2010, 04:38 AM
Mat.kc., stop being awesome.

Seriously, thanks, not only for taping it, but not freaking out--as I'm sure you wanted to--so we could all hear the video. I wouldn't have been so stoic.

I'll be interested to see if The Offspring ever does the Unity tour again.

PunksKillEmos
07-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Wish You coulda been in the pit man, I was one of those fans freaking out XD

mrconeman
07-13-2010, 06:35 AM
I'd kill for proshot footage of this, or any of the Ignition/Self Titled songs from a modern gig. Thanks for posting!

DMelges
07-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks mat.kc! Hope they continue squeezing in these old songs into the setlist.

dav0147
07-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Simply stunning!!! Even Orgasmic! :D

Alison
07-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Brilliant:) Hope this means more old songs to be played in future tours.
Pity that a lot of the crowd seem dead.

Little_Miss_1565
07-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Amazing! Thanks so much for posting this. I'd love to see pictures of the merch if it's not any trouble for you.

I saw the Cure at this same venue 6 or 7 years ago when I lived in Boston. It's huge! Memories. :)

Offspring-Junkie
07-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Great sound quality, I'm glad they play some ignition songs again. Thanks for uploading.

cool 2 hate 681
07-13-2010, 10:28 AM
thanks for the video:)

BigFish
07-13-2010, 10:28 AM
While I'm glad they're playing some old stuff, I'm also upset. They do this when there are like no real fans there and FUCK THAT CROWD. You're being treated with a fucking amazing gift from these guys and you act like that? Then when it's over all I hear is..."woo..."

SO upsetting.

hshduppsnt
07-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the video! That's impressive quality. And as previously mentioned thanks for not singing along I'm sure that was hard to contain yourself (I've ruined a number of recordings the same way myself :-/ hahaha)

Man I hope they play something old like this in Irvine!

Too bad the 311 crowd hasn't done their research... I know I started listening to a lot more 311 lately to see if I would better recognize some of their songs. Hell I'm paying for the ticket I want to listen to all the bands. Then again I'm kind of a nerd so... maybe other people don't do that as much...

EDIT: then again by that same logic I'm still sure if 311 play something random I won't know it... oh I dunno what I'm saying any more I'm just rambling now...

wrc307
07-13-2010, 10:38 AM
kwhd is a masterpiece, unfortunately the crowd was terrible

Rutegard
07-13-2010, 12:59 PM
- The crowd was there for 311. It was obvious since they headlined, and it turned out slow in the beginning. By the last few songs, the crowd really jumped out of their seats and rocked out. Everyone was still walking to their area when they were on.

- New merchandise. I bought three shirts, new girl tees that I noticed as well, plus a new hoodie. If you want pics, let me know.

- Noodles, right before performing 'You'll Find a Way' stated that the new song is called 'The New Song'. Obviously they haven't named it yet, so this was a joke he played to the crowd. I tried filming this but it was too late.

- Dexter lost a lot of weight. It's obvious in his appearance. His voice is as strong as ever. I was VERY impressed.

- Kick Him When He's Down was fucking epic. Too bad the majority was just there for 311. I saw some die hards freak out when the song came on. Dex and Noodles pointed that out at the end of the song too.

I won't be able to reply much, as I am on vacation. But I don't mind taking a break for a little while to show you this. You deserve the new footage, so enjoy. :)

Ps.) I should have a new video of You'll Find a Way when I get back from vacation. Expect it around Monday.

aawww so awesome!!

yes we want some pics and can't wait for the other link

Ryder1234
07-13-2010, 01:05 PM
I'd love to see this live, you're one lucky guy dude :P

They always say they don't play old songs because it's a crowd killer, well seeing as this isn't exactly their crowd, I say they should go all out on old songs, haha that'd be sweet, the crowd wont really be responsive either way so why not?

jacknife737
07-13-2010, 01:39 PM
Mat.kc., stop being awesome.

Thanks mat.kc! Hope they continue squeezing in these old songs into the setlist.

Backed. 10 characters

Supa
07-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Wow, I would LOVE to see Kick Him When He's Down live...thanks for the video mat.kc! Hope they keep this up the next time I get to see them!

one hundred punks
07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Well,it's a start. Since hardly anyone cares about them on this tour, they may as well pretend that it's 1994 again and bust out this set list:
www.theoffspringbr.com
Denver-1994
Set List
01 Get it Right
02 Take it Like A Man
03 Nothing From Something
04 Burn It Up
05 Elders
06 Hypodermic
07 Kick Him When He's Down
08 Jennifer Lost The War
09 So Alone
10 Out On Patrol
11 LAPD
12 Forever And A Day
13 We Are One
14 Nitro
15 Beheaded
16 Session

nameless
07-13-2010, 05:43 PM
i wish i could have been at that show! hopefully its a sign of things to come!

randman21
07-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Hell I'm paying for the ticket I want to listen to all the bands. Then again I'm kind of a nerd so... maybe other people don't do that as much...

Exactly! That must be a rather uncommon stance, because I never see people saying that. I like to possibly discover a new band. Plus, part of seeing them is the anticipation, especially if the bands before them are crappy. Lost and I stood through mummies playing funk songs in pouring rain and Soulja Boy Tell 'Em waiting for them, and it was the best time ever. :P

EDIT: then again by that same logic I'm still sure if 311 play something random I won't know it... oh I dunno what I'm saying any more I'm just rambling now...

Haha, I was wondering if you'd say that. It's still good logic because it seems that these crowds don't even hype up for not-so-obscure songs like Staring at the Sun, so it's clear they're not researching.

_Lost_
07-13-2010, 06:49 PM
Lost and I stood through mummies playing funk songs in pouring rain and Soulja Boy Tell 'Em waiting for them, and it was the best time ever. :P
I really was the best freaking time ever! Especially during Flyleaf when the 13 year olds were freaking out about the sweaty gross guys bumping into them! The singer's pants from Candlebox still make me uncomfortable...

DMelges
07-13-2010, 07:13 PM
Who was that dude Dexter dedicated Gone Away to?

Who did he dedicate it to?

EDIT: Didn't he just say 'to all my friends' ?

Supa
07-13-2010, 08:29 PM

EDIT: Didn't he just say 'to all my friends' ?

Is it by chance the person whom he wrote it about?

DMelges
07-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Is it by chance the person whom he wrote it about?

Nah, to our knowledge he didn't write it for anyone in particular.

mario_spaghettio
07-13-2010, 11:08 PM
a deceased Marshfield Massachussetts high school student.

dr.vanessa
07-14-2010, 05:43 AM
THANK YOU for this video xD and the sound quality is great at last YAY :cool:

Krojd
07-14-2010, 06:20 AM
Well,it's a start. Since hardly anyone cares about them on this tour, they may as well pretend that it's 1994 again and bust out this set list:
www.theoffspringbr.com
Denver-1994
Set List
01 Get it Right
02 Take it Like A Man
03 Nothing From Something
04 Burn It Up
05 Elders
06 Hypodermic
07 Kick Him When He's Down
08 Jennifer Lost The War
09 So Alone
10 Out On Patrol
11 LAPD
12 Forever And A Day
13 We Are One
14 Nitro
15 Beheaded
16 Session

I'd fly to Denver cause of this.

dexterone
07-14-2010, 06:42 AM
but in Denver they couldn´t play songs from CO1,SPlinter,Ixnay,Rafrag so fuck such a setlist...yes,I would like to see Nothing from something and Forever and a Day live,but the other songs are much worse than Want you bad or Head around you according to me...and All I want,that is the best song for many people.....

Krojd
07-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Since they play songs from CO1, Splinter, Rfrg, Americana and Smash at every show I really dont care they couldnt play them all over again. I have like 0,0001% chance to hear songs from that setlist live and there is whole Ignition except two songs on it. Ignition is my favorite cd of all time, so that setlist is like heaven to me. And yea, All I Want is the best song for me too. First one I've heard from The Offspring.

mat.kc.
07-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it! It was VERY hard for me NOT to spaz out during the song. I actually screwed up a good recording of Self Esteem this way...because I couldn't stop singing. >_> Sorry dudes haha I felt like an idiot after. But I had a blast and that's what counts! The crowd really did suck; you can tell that it was a 311 concert. I feel The Offspring should've gotten more respect. The last two concerts I've seen where they headlined, it was nothing but chaos. This time it was quite a bit mellow.

mario_spaghettio was right. Dexter dedicated the song to a friend he knew that recently died. Met up with someone at a mall outlet and we were discussing this yesterday...

As for the merchandise, I'll have to snap some photos on Monday, at the earliest. They're packed in my suitcase and I'll be doing quite a bit of travelling for the next four days. I can describe them for you though.

One of the shirts is baige, and it has red RAFRAG text. It looks like a designer shirt, and it spells out three letters of The Offspring at a time. It goes down the shirt like this:

THE
OFF
SPR
ING

And in the 'O' is the skull. It looks incredible. I love that shirt. I bought a black Bad Habit shirt, nothing new there. Bought a grey Unity tour shirt with the eagle from YGGFK on it; has some wording and such on the front. Tour dates on the back. I bought a baby blue shirt with a red Offspring skull logo on it for my lady back at home as a souvenir. She'll love it! There's also a new black hoodie I purchased. It sports a different kind of skull on the left side of the chest. If you turn it around, it says The Offspring (shows that skull again) and underneathe it says something like 'Est. Huntington Beach CA' etc etc. Looks amazing, I had to pick it up. Plus, the Smash long sleeved shirt that another user just showed on here for you guys. :)

Oh, another thing as well...don't know if it's relevant to anything, but the drum set Pete Parada used no longer has the RAFRAG angel on it. They're back to using the smoking skull.

Blitz!
07-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the video, amazing quality :)

Oh, another thing as well...don't know if it's relevant to anything, but the drum set Pete Parada used no longer has the RAFRAG angel on it. They're back to using the smoking skull.

Like this ...

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/m_rogue/TheOffspring540.jpg
*Courtesy of IamSam*

SpLinteR
07-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Amazing! thanx for the info and video
but what annoyng crowd...

bouncingcoles
07-14-2010, 04:17 PM
a deceased Marshfield Massachussetts high school student.

how did you know he was deceased?

PunksKillEmos
07-14-2010, 04:59 PM
I was right next to the kid whose friend had died from diabetes he said, him and his group of friends were all there for the offspring

SåS
07-15-2010, 03:20 AM
Man im so glad they played this, the kids in the front really enjoying it enlightened me, the rest of the crowd fucking sucked.

Hope they play more old stuff like this throughout the tour.

viclostthewar
07-16-2010, 05:54 PM
i was dead center rail right in front of dexter losing my mind when they played it, i was the girl he pointed out and said "haha she's so stoked". definitely made my night. the only other time i have seen them play kick him when he's down live was 5 years ago at cbgb.

mat.kc.
07-17-2010, 05:49 PM
i was dead center rail right in front of dexter losing my mind when they played it, i was the girl he pointed out and said "haha she's so stoked". definitely made my night. the only other time i have seen them play kick him when he's down live was 5 years ago at cbgb.

Hahah that's awesome! Props for the mention!

I've seen in another topic that the merchandise was already posted. I was going to get some pictures when I come home tomorrow but I guess the purpose is kinda defeated lol! Sorry guys :p :( :)

Walfri
07-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I'd like to see them live here..no matter which songs they play..
but listen to Kick him when he's down would be great..

ad8
07-19-2010, 03:10 AM
Awesome to see this great old song played live again. Thanks Offspring!

PunksKillEmos
07-19-2010, 06:16 AM

Yeah I was also front and center between dex and greg, went crazy and jumped the whole time. Noodles pointed me out one point and called me awesome XD

bouncingcoles
07-19-2010, 09:14 AM

i was at both of those shows too.

andrea.
07-24-2010, 11:22 AM
- The crowd was there for 311. Everyone was still walking to their area when they were on.

If I were you, I would kick their asses (fucking audience) !! :mad:

I want to see your shirts!!!

Thank you for great news!! I hope they continue to play older songs!! :D