PDA

View Full Version : avoid?

punkangel
01-31-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm in Florida right now and really I'm at a funeral...but the guy that died I really didn't know and he was my own grandfather. But for the past 5-7 years we didn't really talk. Earlier than 7 years I don't even remember us even talking and bonding. Yeah, he did come and visit, but when I tried to talk to him he was either ready to go to sleep or just ignores me...and I'm asking: why am I here at this funeral...everyone was crying but I couldn't shed a tear...but I did in the first 15 minutes..and I'm still afraid to talk to my grandma about him because she just lost her husband..What should I do?

SkunkIt
01-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Wait a few years, then you can talk to her about him or talk to the parent who's grandfather that was. Sorry about your loss.

Trip Boy
01-31-2005, 06:36 PM
You son of a bitch. Don't you have any respect for the dead?

punkangel
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
Wait a few years, then you can talk to her about him or talk to the parent who's grandfather that was. Sorry about your loss.

thank you...but the priest was like losing him was kind of like a blessing to some of us because he had many diseases and was in pain for many years and for many years to come...my dad and grandma were flaming when he said that...jeez

punkangel
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM

you don't get my point in this thread

Mr. Noodles
01-31-2005, 06:59 PM
Don't you have respect for feelings?
punkangel is speaking about a really serious thing!

SkunkIt
01-31-2005, 07:02 PM
thank you...but the priest was like losing him was kind of like a blessing to some of us because he had many diseases and was in pain for many years and for many years to come...my dad and grandma were flaming when he said that...jeez

Some priests are crazy, so just don't listen to them.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-31-2005, 07:02 PM
It was a funeral, the focus was kind of on him.

dirtybird
01-31-2005, 07:26 PM
I'm in Florida right now and really I'm at a funeral...but the guy that died I really didn't know and he was my own grandfather. But for the past 5-7 years we didn't really talk. Earlier than 7 years I don't even remember us even talking and bonding. Yeah, he did come and visit, but when I tried to talk to him he was either ready to go to sleep or just ignores me...and I'm asking: why am I here at this funeral...everyone was crying but I couldn't shed a tear...but I did in the first 15 minutes..and I'm still afraid to talk to my grandma about him because she just lost her husband..What should I do?

im more likely to laugh at a funeral than cry.

Linda
01-31-2005, 07:56 PM
I would try to give you advice, but you think I'm strange, so I won't. :)

dirtybird
01-31-2005, 07:59 PM
haha go linda.

Idiot
02-01-2005, 04:10 AM
How come you were posting if you were at a funeral?

JoY
02-01-2005, 04:42 AM
It was a funeral, the focus was kind of on him.
right. what Dave said.

livingdeadgirl
02-01-2005, 07:50 AM
im more likely to laugh at a funeral than cry.

same here. but just wait it out... try to get to know your grandma better and then after a year or so ask her about all her happy memories... then she'll be more likely to talk to you about the sad ones to. take an interest in her and she'll take an interest in you.....

an tripboy, if u cant say ne thing nicer then just shut the f**k up

Anya82
02-01-2005, 08:35 AM
hmm... no, i don't think so Adriann.

well.. i'm kinda cold hearted, and very practical. when someone dies, most of the time, i don't cry. And i think that i won't say anything to someone who has lost a loved one, cause i guess they might prefer being alone and cry. But, when my grandma died, i cried a lot, and many friends where there for me.. and i felt great when they gave me a hug, or where there just to hear me cry.. i knew i was not alone.

Idiot
02-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Why does the word "funeral" have another word; "fun" in it?

"Hey guys! let's all go to the funeral!"
"yaaaaay! who's funeral?"
"Yours!!!"
"Weeeeeeee!!!!" - *drops dead*

This isn't really a topic to be joking around in.

the_GoDdEsS
02-01-2005, 10:37 AM
I wouldn't do anything about it. I did not know mine really. We met once a year for two weeks. Only seen him at the table during lunch. So we might have spoken 20 sentences to each other. I was 12 when he died and I still cried. For some weird reason. I wish I had known him more.
I don't think you should feel pressured to do anything or to behave in any special way.

punkangel
02-01-2005, 04:54 PM
I would try to give you advice, but you think I'm strange, so I won't. :)

Now when did I say that? ;)

punkangel
02-01-2005, 04:55 PM
How come you were posting if you were at a funeral?

I was at the funeral and I was on my grandmother's computer she never uses