PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the show in VA Beach and...

danbrazda
07-14-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm still pissed. I have been a loyal Offspring fan since '94 and have seen them live over a dozen times from small clubs to huge outdoor venues. They NEVER disappoint. Their performance tonight was awesome as always but it was beyond surreal to soak in the fact that they were playing second fiddle to 311.

When The Offspring took the stage at 7:45 in broad daylight, with the video screens completely washed out (we thought they weren't even on) and more than half of those in attendance still roaming around the venue buying luke warm 10 dollar beers, I thought I was having an out of body experience. For the next 45, maybe 50 minutes, Dexter and Co. played mostly old hits (not that there is anything wrong with that) and succeeded in pulling in most of the skanky-beer drinkers. From minute 30 to 50, the crowd was brought to a fever pitch as is always the case at a live Offspring performance. Just when you thought it couldn't get better- it came to an abrupt end... and the stage was cleared for 311 in record time. My wife and I were even faster though as we pulled out of the parking lot with a convoy of other Offspring fans listening to the distant chords of 311 starting their set.

You deserve better guys. And so do we.

bouncingcoles
07-15-2010, 02:00 PM
ya i saw them in MA and my ticket said the show started at 7:30 and i assumed pepper was going to play when the show started but it turned out they had already played and offspring started playing at 7:30 when people were still showing up and so not that many people even saw offsprings set. i feel like they kinda got screwed.

nameless
07-15-2010, 02:33 PM
this seems to have been a major issue with a lot of people here. no offence but people were complaining about the arena area not being full for the offspring with other people still at the bar etc. but some people admit to leaving early and not bothering to watch the next band!

ArtificialLife
07-15-2010, 02:50 PM
I feel your pain. This post has been up for a while: http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42147

randman21
07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Damn, Dan. I was going to go to this show. This scenario you described is becoming all too common around here for this tour.

Bants36c
07-16-2010, 02:43 PM
I went to the Virginia beach show as well. I got there early so I could be up front. I was a little to the right of noodles. Almost got a pick he threw out but it ended up going up under the corner of a speaker right in front of me over the barricade. The security guard wouldn't get it for me after the show but oh well. They put on an awesome show though! On one of the songs noodles had to take his guitar to one of the guys on the side of the stage to fix. Don't know what happened but he looked kinda pissed when he went over to him. Whatever the problem was it was fixed after a few seconds and he was right back out there rocking. I thought it was cool that Dexter was hanging out on the right side of the stage while Pepper played. He was just standing up there chilling with his shades on looking at the crowd and watching pepper. Pepper did a good job. I got one of the beach balls they threw out. I left the front after the offspring was done and hung around in back for 311 which were cool to watch. But yeah I noticed there were more people there for 311. Anyways I had an awesome time and got me 2 offspring shirts. Can't wait for the offspring's new album and a tour of there own!