PDA

View Full Version : Unity Tour Warning

Camilamazed
07-15-2010, 03:53 PM
The saddest news I've ever seen...

"For those of you attending the remaining US Unity Tour dates, remember to arrive early to avoid parking/entrance delays and of course catch Pepper‘s killer opening set, followed by The Offspring and 311!"

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?year=2010&newsID=770877

jacknife737
07-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Lame. 10 characters

dff_punk
07-15-2010, 04:28 PM
How is that lame and sad? I saw Pepper once and they were not that bad, kinda good actually. And we all know that The Offspring were always just the most modest guys ;)

EDIT: Maybe I did not get it and I am not that sober...

jacknife737
07-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Well, actually it seems pretty reasonable given the fact that a lot people seem to have not realized that the band is playing a little earlier than usual.

I will retract my "Lame." post.

Camilamazed
07-15-2010, 04:46 PM
It's sad that a band needs to ask the audience to come earlier, you know. There weren't many people where I was when Pepper played. That is very sad to me.

GuilhermeOffspring
07-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Any question: Where's the offspring fans in this United Tour?

mat.kc.
07-15-2010, 05:45 PM
This is a fair warning guys. It took me two hours to get into the entrance. lol But the crowd can be shitty if they're just there for 311. It's a fair warning so the fans get to see them. They DO perform earlier than usual. When I got to my seat, Offspring started within five minutes of my arrival.

Outerspaceman21
07-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Yeah, arriving early was what ruined it for me because I got into a car accident leaving the venue to find a place to kill time til the parking lot opened. This was last year at Irvine.

I decided not to go to Irvine this month not because I'm afraid of getting into another car accident but I don't want to spend all that money driving down to Irvine and back only to see an hour of the Offspring.

cool 2 hate 681
07-15-2010, 10:04 PM
I don't want to spend all that money driving down to Irvine and back only to see an hour of the Offspring.

the tickets are pretty expensive i drove down to irvine to buy one and they wanted $91 for a orchestra ticket i ended up getting a terrace ticket for $45

Bejka
07-16-2010, 12:17 AM
Oh come on, this is not sad or lame, this is just a different kind of tour, which I HOPE they'll never do it again, and the info IS FOR YOU, so you can actually see them. Everyone automatically thinks Offspring will play last, so people are surprised. The whole organisation seems pretty shitty. I'd love to see them in Europe this summer, well, they decided to do this strange tour :(

Outerspaceman21
07-16-2010, 01:21 AM
the tickets are pretty expensive i drove down to irvine to buy one and they wanted $91 for a orchestra ticket i ended up getting a terrace ticket for $45

Yeah, I remember last year, when they came to irvine, I bought a seat in the section behind the orchastra section and it cost $60, and I bought them 3 months in advance.

Even if I bought cheaper seats the factor of how much I would spend on the gas and the actually way the show is being handled by the promoters doesn't make the trip worth it. I would essentailly make a 3 hour drive to Irvine, stay for like 2 hours, then bail.

I'll see them the next they come around and they are actually headlining a tour.

Little_Miss_1565
07-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Why is that sad? I let the powers that be know that some people had posted here that they had missed a good portion of the Offspring's set because they didn't realize how early they'd be going on.

Additionally, the band certainly knew what they were getting into before they signed on, you know what I mean?

Camilamazed
07-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Why is that sad? I let the powers that be know that some people had posted here that they had missed a good portion of the Offspring's set because they didn't realize how early they'd be going on.

Additionally, the band certainly knew what they were getting into before they signed on, you know what I mean?

I know that. But it's sad the fact that the band needed to post somehing like that to get the fans attention. If they had posted then that 311 was the main act, maybe this updated wouldn't have been necessary. I feel sorry not only for the Offspring but also for Pepper, because when they get into the stage, there is no audience at all.

=(

Little_Miss_1565
07-16-2010, 06:51 AM
I'm not sure I understand. We've known this was 311's tour from the beginning.

_Lost_
07-16-2010, 06:52 AM
Well the announcement about the tour did say that they were joining 311's unity tour.

I think it makes sense to post that. A lot of people haven't realized they played before 311, not after. And if you look up anything on Unity tour, you can see why parking and entrance delays are a valid warning. Randy said he found that one show on Unity tour one year drew almost 20,000 people.

Camilamazed
07-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Well, I confess I did not do any research on the Unity Tour. I only learned that when I got to the venue and saw a lot of people wearing shirts of previous tours.

Anyway, I aways get to concerts before it actually starts so I get to see all the bands, that's the way I usually find cool stuff. But still it is a shame that the band needs to warn people about the time they are supposed to arrive at the venue so they can see the show.

=\

Little_Miss_1565
07-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Well, I confess I did not do any research on the Unity Tour. I only learned that when I got to the venue and saw a lot of people wearing shirts of previous tours.

Anyway, I aways get to concerts before it actually starts so I get to see all the bands, that's the way I usually find cool stuff. But still it is a shame that the band needs to warn people about the time they are supposed to arrive at the venue so they can see the show.

=\

Well, they wouldn't have to if more people did a little research ;)

Lord_Gabo
07-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Oh come on, this is not sad or lame, this is just a different kind of tour, which I HOPE they'll never do it again, and the info IS FOR YOU, so you can actually see them. Everyone automatically thinks Offspring will play last, so people are surprised. The whole organisation seems pretty shitty. I'd love to see them in Europe this summer, well, they decided to do this strange tour :(

I'm in agreement with all your words!

Supa
07-16-2010, 10:47 PM
I got to my concert pretty early...like FOUR HOURS EARLY! Haha, I tried to meet them, but they were already there inside the secure area.

Camilamazed
07-17-2010, 01:15 PM
I got to my concert pretty early...like FOUR HOURS EARLY! Haha, I tried to meet them, but they were already there inside the secure area.

I know the feeling. :(

I always get like very early, but never get the chance....