PDA

View Full Version : Awesome show in ATL

sdbates2001
07-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Just saw the Offspring in ATL Saturday, and I thought the band was as good as ever. I know opening for 311 wasnt exactly how I would have wanted it to be, however, I was just happy to have them come to Atlanta at all. Last year we had to drive to Nashville to see them.
They did play mostly the greatest hits, but they were all played very well and the crowd (especially towards the end) was a lot more involved than I was expecting ( considering how early they played, and that it was a 311 show).
There were some offspring shirts in the crowd, but Atlanta is definately known to be a 311 town. I really was worried going in that it just wouldnt be the same, but after Dexter walked out and the music started I forgot all about all that other stuff. I loved the piano version of "gone away" and the cover "guns of brixton" was awesome too! Honestly my only complaint was it just didnt last long enough!!!
Happy just to get to see them at all,and after Offspring was over we were drowning out 311 with Offspring on the c.d. player on the way out of the parking lot! Noodles shouted see you guys next year at the end....so I will be patiently waiting!

mario_spaghettio
07-19-2010, 01:23 PM
I heard the crowd there was huge, 18,500.

sdbates2001
07-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Ya, crowd was definately huge!! I have been there for several shows ( including Dave Matthews) and I have never seen it that full before. The only bad thing was probably only 60% of that was actually there for Offspring. It was still an awesome show though

dexterone
07-19-2010, 01:49 PM
did they play Kick him when hes down ? because I read it somewhere and if it was true,you are very lucky guy :)

sdbates2001
07-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Ya, but it was bittersweet, no one in the crowd seemed to notice. Most people there only really seemed to know the greatest hits. The new song was pretty good too. I do consider myself a very lucky man!

blondiemama
07-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Saturday in Atlanta was the first time I have ever seen The Offspring . I was'nt sure what they would bring especially in the heat . They were so tight and on their game . Almost too perfect . " Gone Away " was touching and refreshing . The evening light only enhanced the magic and then that mash -up buzz kill 311 came on . With all due respect , 311 was an anti-climatic event . We cruised out early and beat the traffic . Can't wait till next year.

sdbates2001
07-20-2010, 09:06 AM
I completely agree, we did stay for the first three 311 songs, and I couldnt tell any of them apart. They all sounded exactly the same.

mario_spaghettio
07-20-2010, 09:13 AM
I completely agree, we did stay for the first three 311 songs, and I couldnt tell any of them apart. They all sounded exactly the same.people not familiar with the Offspring say the same thing. I checked the setlist and the first 3 songs sound nothing alike.

sdbates2001
07-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Mario, I think you misunderstood. I was talking about the first three songs from 311, not offspring.

mario_spaghettio
07-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Mario, I think you misunderstood. I was talking about the first three songs from 311, not offspring.yeah, I know. I'm saying that because you are not a 311 fan, the songs may have seemed to sound the same, just as non Offspring fans, or non fans of any band generally say the same thing.

sdbates2001
07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
You are exactly right, my apologies for my misunderstanding.

Supa
07-20-2010, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I liked 311, they put on a great show, but outside of Amber, Come Original, and Beautiful Disaster, I couldn't remember any songs that stuck out to me...they all just blended together.