PDA

View Full Version : What is the song "Change The World" about exactly?

Floptart
07-20-2010, 01:32 AM
I mean it obviously has something to do with either changing the world or how the world has changed in a bad way.What i have collected from the lyrics is that it means most people nowadays are bitter selfish people,but I feel that some of the lyrics kinda stray away from that idea.I just wanna hear what you guys think its about.

Paint_It_Black
07-20-2010, 01:51 AM
Isn't it something like "you don't want to change the world like you say, you're just in it for yourself"?

Seems rather self-explanatory.

findout5
07-20-2010, 03:40 AM
It's about Brett Gurewitz and Epitaph for those who didn't know.

Jojan
07-20-2010, 03:54 AM
It is about Adolf Hitler and the master race.

Lord Phidias
07-20-2010, 10:15 AM

Interesting... it actually makes sense.

Little_Miss_1565
07-20-2010, 10:57 AM

Interesting... it actually makes sense.

Was this stated anywhere, or is this your personal theory?

findout5
07-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Was this stated anywhere, or is this your personal theory?

Dexter was actually questioned about it in an interview.
And he didn't confirm or deny if it was about Brett - he answered in an evasive fashion something like "Let's leave a little Offspring mystique to that one." I guess we all know what that means.
It's in the booklet of one interview disc thingy..."If you can't join'em, beat 'em" as I recall. Can't be bothered to go through all my stuff to search that one.

Greekoldfan
07-20-2010, 12:36 PM

absolutely true. that what it is about

offsrx
07-20-2010, 03:53 PM
It's a great song and I really like it.
I think I'll agree more with first post - it's about selfish persons, who want to change the world, but they won't, because they are selfish, and they can't change themselves, so they cannot change the world. They can only corrupt it.

Floptart
07-23-2010, 03:24 AM
thanks for all the replies.I always wanted to know exactly what the song was about and now i know.and it totally makes sense now that its right in front of me :P