PDA

View Full Version : News on the new album

Alex101
07-20-2010, 04:44 PM
According to O.C. Register (http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/-258519--.html):

Following a few dates in Japan in August, the Offspring also will head back into the studio later this year, once again with Rock at the helm. Longtime fans will remember that the band’s last album contained a song titled “Stuff is Messed Up,” featuring Holland (left) spewing all of his frustrations about the current political and economical climate. (That track also inspired the more explicit name of the group’s 2009 tour, inserting two curse words we dare not publish.)

“Well, (stuff) is still (messed) up,” Holland says when asked about what the Offspring might have to say on its next record. “When I wrote that song, I thought that by the time that album actually came out, things would sort of be worked out. But every time you turn around it’s something else. Now it’s Afghanistan, global warming, the oil spill -- it’s a rough place out there right now.

“That being said, we don’t go into the studio with any sort of idea of how the album should be. You kind of just start messing around with songs and I guess they just gel together.”

PunksKillEmos
07-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the news man!

Alex101
07-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the news man!
No problem, man!

DMelges
07-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the update Alex. :)

I miss the Journal :(

jacknife737
07-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the update Alex. :)

I miss the Journal :(

I do too: i was actually reading through a couple of Noodle's old ones the other day, out of nostalgia. Hopefully they start writing again as the album develops.

It'll be interesting to see what Dexter touches on lyrically this time.

tayluhhx3
07-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I remember the journals Dexter wrote while on his plane trip.
I loved them, I thought they were so funny. I love his sense of humour! (:

Jojan
07-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Alex101 is not a man.

Alex101
07-21-2010, 06:55 AM
Alex101 is not a man.
Oh, yes I am, you liar!

Oxygene
07-21-2010, 08:24 PM
“That being said, we don’t go into the studio with any sort of idea of how the album should be. You kind of just start messing around with songs and I guess they just gel together.”

I just love how articulate Dexter is.. for real. He's a real sorcerer when it comes to words, and IRL too!