PDA

View Full Version : Defy You Acoustic Cover

BigFish
07-24-2010, 01:23 AM
Well, since I seemed to get some pretty good feedback from you guys on my last cover, I decided to do Defy You on acoustic this time. I think it turned out pretty well and I put a little more effort into this one. Mainly because I was bored. The vocals are still a little sketchy, but I can't do much about that.

So check it out if you guys would like and let me know. Also, if you guys think I'm doing a good enough job, I'd be open to having you suggest covers you'd like to hear and I'd be more than happy to do them. I have an idea for my next one, but I want to see what you guys think about this one, and what you'd like to see in the future. Thanks again and enjoy! :)

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/offspring_punk/music/all/play871897

yarock
07-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Doesn't this stuff has to be in 'Your Band' section?No offense,I'm sure that your cover is pretty decent but this is 'General Offspring Discussion' section.

dexterone
07-24-2010, 09:55 AM
man,your covers are very good,but try to sing just one tone higher...because it sounds very weird in some parts....and I know,that its kinda hard to sing like Dexter,but Im sure,that one tone higher you could manage :)

Unnatural Disaster
07-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah, either sing in a higher pitch or tune your guitar down a step or two. It just doesn't sound right. Great playing though.

Free?
07-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah, with voice like yours try covering the Bloodhound Gang. :p I'm just too used to the acoustic version of Defy You where Dexter was singing his ass off, I can't get it out of my head and your cover is like exactly the same minus few pitches. ;]

_Lost_
07-24-2010, 10:17 PM
What's wrong with his singing? He's in key... I don't see anything wrong with him singing an octave lower.

Every ricetigers cover is like three octaves lower. seriously... its whatever.

BigFish
07-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Yeah, with voice like yours try covering the Bloodhound Gang. :p I'm just too used to the acoustic version of Defy You where Dexter was singing his ass off, I can't get it out of my head and your cover is like exactly the same minus few pitches. ;]

So I'm guessing by that you're saying you really liked it? Also I don't really see the problem with posting here. I'm not exactly a band and it's also more likely that people will see it here and be able to provide feedback.

_Lost_
07-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Offspring covers posted by individual users tend to turn up here. its nothing for people to be upset about. I've posted a few but i'm a terrible guitarist and more of a singer so they are lousy.

BigFish
07-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Offspring covers posted by individual users tend to turn up here. its nothing for people to be upset about. I've posted a few but i'm a terrible guitarist and more of a singer so they are lousy.

Yeah I mean..I just did the one cover the other day and people really seemed to like it. So, I thought I could be productive with my spare time and maybe make a few more that people would enjoy listening to and also give me some feedback on them. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Free?
07-26-2010, 10:04 AM
You got it right, BigFish, I don't have anything against your covers, I like them (especially the new song), but I thought I'd criticize them a bit. Just my honest opinion. Keep em coming if you feel like. But it'll be probably better to create a single thread if you plan more of those.

nancyoff
08-02-2010, 07:54 PM
I really liked it!!!:)