PDA

View Full Version : July 24th at Irvine

wendycar3
07-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Offspring ROCKED Saturday night in Irvine, California. They were so awesome! I had never seen them in concert before and they made my night. We went for my birthday and I had one of the best times ever. Can't wait to hopefully see them again sometime soon!

C.R.
07-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Amazing show! Last night's Hammerhead + last night's Staring At The Sun = AWSOME

PayTheMan1369
07-26-2010, 03:15 PM
That's great to hear, it's just great to know you both had such a wonderful time! :)

cool 2 hate 681
07-27-2010, 02:58 PM
i went it the show it was great here are some links

oc weekly review

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmentality/lastnight/311-and-the-offspring-at-the-v/

kroq blog post with photo gallery

http://kroq.radio.com/2010/07/27/saturdays-unity-tour-from-the-lawn-section/#more-55971

For Real
07-27-2010, 08:59 PM
It sounds like the Irvine show was the BEST! I pulled up vids on youtube and they were beyond awesome. The band appeared to be performing waaay above par when compared to the other performances on the Unity Tour - gee, you'd think they were from the state of California or something? :p right? Right. :D

Yeah, you peeps who saw this show are envied by many, but loved by most. I have one question, just exactly what do they put in the water there?? Because the OC article explains that the crowd was on fire first, then The Offspring responded and stepped it up a few notches!! Good Job guys. ;) I'll catch you in your own backyard soon enough!! :cool:

C.R.
07-28-2010, 09:38 AM
It sounds like the Irvine show was the BEST! I pulled up vids on youtube and they were beyond awesome. The band appeared to be performing waaay above par when compared to the other performances on the Unity Tour - gee, you'd think they were from the state of California or something? :p right? Right. :D

Yeah, you peeps who saw this show are envied by many, but loved by most. I have one question, just exactly what do they put in the water there?? Because the OC article explains that the crowd was on fire first, then The Offspring responded and stepped it up a few notches!! Good Job guys. ;) I'll catch you in your own backyard soon enough!! :cool:

I'll always remember how insane the crowd was that day. Someone from the lawn tossed a smoke bomb into the terrace, and I think it landed on someone's head! The fires were actually as tall as me!

For Real
07-28-2010, 06:25 PM
I'll always remember how insane the crowd was that day. Someone from the lawn tossed a smoke bomb into the terrace, and I think it landed on someone's head! The fires were actually as tall as me!

:eek:

Wow, it sounds like the crowds were literally on fire then! :eek:

mrXniick
07-28-2010, 07:08 PM
:eek:

Wow, it sounds like the crowds were literally on fire then! :eek:

I went to irvine both this year, and last year for the SIFU tour... and though the crowd was good this year-- overall since the WHOLE crowd was there for The Offspring... it was better last year.

bandaidsandbikes
08-01-2010, 04:37 PM
That was probably one of my fave concerts ever!!!! I want to see them when they're the main headliners next time though. Their concert felt waaaay too short compared to 311, who in my eyes, should have played as the openers for Offspring.

Otherwise, fucking bad ass. Hope they headline for reals soon :D

erin625
08-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Concert was great overall.. but the Offspring should have been the last band to play. The only upside was that I didn't have to sit through 311; 311 is OKAY but c'mon, they have nothing on the Offspring.

Also, was it just me or did it seem like Dexter was out of it? Not that he did anything horrible, but I saw them when they were in SF and he seemed way more into it then..

P.S. More free venues, or at least Offspring-only concerts!

chrisinoc
08-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Heh i just posted this in its own thread, didnt see this one.. but here you go.. photos and review:

http://www.theliveoc.com/concert-reviews/189-unity-tour-all-that-and-more.html