PDA

View Full Version : Self Esteem in new Guitar Hero!

DMelges
07-28-2010, 04:28 PM
The Offspring's Self Esteem will be featured in the new Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Quest.

You can check out the game and some of it's new tracks here
(http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1108818p1.html).

Two things I've gotta say here. First of all, awesome to see The Offspring in another Guitar Hero, especially this song. Second, Guitar Hero is going back to it's routes, so that means hard rock all the way.

:D

dav0147
07-28-2010, 04:38 PM
yeah I seen that, it looks like a really good song list, will definately get it I think. GH5 looked quite rubbish tbh

joshgenis
07-28-2010, 06:20 PM
i think im ganna save money to get rock band 2 instead. it has they got a lot more offspring in the dlc

mrXniick
07-28-2010, 06:32 PM
The Offspring's Self Esteem will be featured in the new Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Quest.

You can check out the game and some of it's new tracks here
(http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1108818p1.html).

Two things I've gotta say here. First of all, awesome to see The Offspring in another Guitar Hero, especially this song. Second, Guitar Hero is going back to it's routes, so that means hard rock all the way.

Meh. The only way guitar hero could go back to its roots would be for development to go back to Harmonix, which is pointless with Rock Band around. Guitar hero games have sucked since Harmonix sold it to activision.

There are already like 5 offspring songs in rock band... which is a better game... so who cares?

DMelges
07-28-2010, 06:41 PM
There are already like 5 offspring songs in rock band... which is a better game... so who cares?

I care. Because I don't have rock band. And that track list is awesome.

mrXniick
07-28-2010, 06:54 PM
I care. Because I don't have rock band. And that track list is awesome.

Then skip gh87883747483902083, get rock band (which is a platform) and skip out on the guitar hero franchise milk fest.

Get rock band 2 and download : Hammerhead, self esteem, come out and play, all I want, A Lot Like Me, Gone Away, pretty fly and the kids arent alright.

DMelges
07-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Then skip gh87883747483902083, get rock band (which is a platform) and skip out on the guitar hero franchise milk fest.

Get rock band 2 and download : Hammerhead, self esteem, come out and play, all I want, A Lot Like Me, Gone Away, pretty fly and the kids arent alright.

Can't do that from where I live :( Don't have access to DLC here.

Or else yes I would.

So it's guitar hero for me, haha.

mrXniick
07-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Can't do that from where I live :( Don't have access to DLC here.

Or else yes I would.

So it's guitar hero for me, haha.

Ah.. I see. Sorry about that then.

I still think though, your best option would be to get rock band 2 that has come out and play on disc. Come out and play is more fun in rhythm games than self esteem, and i promise you, gh0890980 will not be as good as rb2.

DMelges
07-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Ah.. I see. Sorry about that then.

I still think though, your best option would be to get rock band 2 that has come out and play on disc. Come out and play is more fun in rhythm games than self esteem, and i promise you, gh0890980 will not be as good as rb2.

I'm sure RockBand is better, but another issue here is money. Rockband here is pretty expensive compared to Guitar Hero. And since I already have the GH guitar, and I'm guessing you can use the GH guitar in RB, and that I would have to purchase another guitar, that's just too much of a headache.

Anyway, this new GH sounds like it'll be better because this one will have an actual story line. Should be fun either way.

mrXniick
07-28-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm sure RockBand is better, but another issue here is money. Rockband here is pretty expensive compared to Guitar Hero. And since I already have the GH guitar, and I'm guessing you can use the GH guitar in RB, and that I would have to purchase another guitar, that's just too much of a headache.

Anyway, this new GH sounds like it'll be better because this one will have an actual story line. Should be fun either way.

Sounds reasonable.. just one thing though, GH guitars are compatible with RB

DMelges
07-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Sounds reasonable.. just one thing though, GH guitars are compatible with RB

Really? I'll keep that in mind.

But anyway it's cool to see The Offspring's music expanding to different places. A song appearing in GH is different than downloading it in RB. You can't download songs from GH. More 'special', you could say.

RedVikingsCO1
07-29-2010, 06:04 AM
As much as I have loved playing the Offspring DLC, I've been pushing for a Rock Band Offspring (Fuck that Rock Band Green Day shit).

As far as Rock Band goes, they should have had an Americana Album download or better yet a Smash one. Oh well, that new album better come soon!

Krojd
07-29-2010, 07:20 AM
I dont like this kind of games.

Also, I dont wanna make a new thread cause of it but I was looking at PensTV and I found this: http://penguins.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=19&id=74044

joshgenis
07-29-2010, 10:21 AM
the only problem with rock band is that the guitar controllers are shit so ima get a guitar hero controller for it

Camilamazed
07-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Wish there were such cool games when I had plenty of time to devote myself to them...

=(

nightvision
07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
GH5 was kinda crappy but I'm looking forward to this. The setlist looks really, really good. Maybe the best one since GH3 which was pretty fucking awesome.

BigFish
07-29-2010, 02:48 PM
The Rock Band engines are fucking horrible. The only game that's really ever had it right was GH3. Other than that you either have fucking retarded engines or just bad setlists. I used to be a legitimate pro at GH, but I had to quit because it just got so stupid. Was ranked in the top 50 in the world at one point :(

mrXniick
07-29-2010, 03:03 PM
The Rock Band engines are fucking horrible. The only game that's really ever had it right was GH3. Other than that you either have fucking retarded engines or just bad setlists. I used to be a legitimate pro at GH, but I had to quit because it just got so stupid. Was ranked in the top 50 in the world at one point :(

lol @ gh3 having the best engine. By best.. you mean most forgiving.

BigFish
07-29-2010, 10:45 PM
even if you do say most forgiving, the engine should be because no one ever plays the same song exactly the same everytime they play it...there should be those extra milliseconds of error room. it just makes sense.

usualeffect
08-03-2010, 02:54 AM
Yes that's true, it's not possible to have same song in the same way it sung with the engine...