PDA

View Full Version : Offspring documentaries

camilo andres
07-30-2010, 03:30 PM
The other day I was watching Behind the Music: Metallica and then ZZ Top Storytellers, and a couple of those about Classic Albums, all awesome tv shows.
But I was wondering: Is there any TV documentary about The Offspring, y'know, kinda Storytellers or Behind the Music or something?

BigFish
07-30-2010, 04:02 PM
There isn't yet that I know of. But there will be one day for sure. I know this because I plan on making it. It'll be my first big project as a filmmaker.

joshgenis
07-30-2010, 09:39 PM
lol kind of ironic that i was thinking about that today also. there is this thing on espn called 30 for 30 where they have 30 episodes documenting random events or people in sports and got me to thinking that if mtv did something like that i hope they do a documentary of offspring. it would be very interesting. talking about how they started the band and none of them knew how to play any instruments and shit lol

Ryder1234
07-30-2010, 10:26 PM
There's none that I know of. We already basically know most of their history, but it always seems better to hear something official like mtv say it :p

Dexter should write a biography, like Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers did, because that book basically has all of RHCP's history in it. Unfortunately I don't think Dexter's life would be quite as exciting as Anthony's :p

tayluhhx3
07-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Unfortunately I don't think Dexter's life would be quite as exciting as Anthony's :p

True true, But I think Dexter's sense of humor would make the book worthwhile! I'm sure he'd have something to say that would be interesting.

Ryder1234
07-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Definitely :) It's just he's lacking the whole drug addiction and numerous near death experiences :p

findout5
07-31-2010, 03:13 AM
The other day I was watching Behind the Music: Metallica and then ZZ Top Storytellers, and a couple of those about Classic Albums, all awesome tv shows.
But I was wondering: Is there any TV documentary about The Offspring, y'know, kinda Storytellers or Behind the Music or something?

There's a small one shown on BBC (Planet Rock or something like that).

SuperKnux
07-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Well, back in 2002 there was this really great hour long documentary on VH1 called "Orange County: American Hip Factory" which showcased a great deal of The Offspring and No Doubt. Infact, the documentary as a whole featured lots of Offspring music. At one point they were even playing, "Kick Him When He's Down" while showing really old grimmy video footage of the band playing some small clubs in late 80's early 90's.

It was the first time I had ever seen the band represented almost perfectly in a mainstream network. Because for once, it wasn't about the poppy singles but rather, their punk rooted up-brining.

Here is the IMDB page about the special, however info is really lackluster:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0838207/

PayTheMan1369
08-03-2010, 02:57 AM
If they turn down Riki Lake, will they do the same with this? :confused: :( :mad: